PDA

View Full Version : Bitumous undercoating for Patrol

szaf
14th February 2011, 11:47 AM
Hi Has anyone had body undercoating done and or rust protection through the vehicle - what are the pros and cons I like the idea of rust protection and sound deadening. Lots on the internet but would like to hear from Patrol owners as some of the questions and answers in the forum are very benifical. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Bigrig
14th February 2011, 11:52 AM
It's awesome - a mate just did his BT50 and it comes up a treat. Quoted it up for mine ($235) and I'm definitely getting it done.

MudRunnerTD
2nd March 2011, 12:22 AM
yeah mate, while the GQ was stripped down i put 10lts of the stuff using very think coats on the floor of the cab and inside the doors on the outer panels and it has made a massive difference i reckon.

go for it.

Mrowka
5th March 2011, 01:40 AM
I have it on my 1994.

It seems to work OK, truck has had some rust repair but at the same time has survived 16 Russian winters.

MudRunnerTD
12th March 2011, 01:03 PM
I have it on my 1994.

It seems to work OK, truck has had some rust repair but at the same time has survived 16 Russian winters.

Yeah but has it had any REAL Tests?

:049:

Bigrig
12th March 2011, 01:05 PM
Yeah but has it had any REAL Tests?

:049:

lol ... Tough crowd!!

MudRunnerTD
12th March 2011, 01:22 PM
lol ... Tough crowd!!

But has he Really Tested it Bigrig??? dunno! ..........16 Russian Winters sounds similar to dropping the kids off and going to the shops mate.......:trink13:

Karn...you know I'm right....:shivering: :driving2:

:drunk:

:smileyvault-cute-bi

Bigrig
12th March 2011, 01:26 PM
But has he Really Tested it Bigrig??? dunno! ..........16 Russian Winters sounds similar to dropping the kids off and going to the shops mate.......:trink13:

Karn...you know I'm right....:shivering: :driving2:

:drunk:

:smileyvault-cute-bi

Yeah true ... but do they even have roads over there yet? Old mate might be traversing across rugged terrain just to drop off the kids!! LOL

Mrowka
16th March 2011, 01:45 AM
The little one is still too young for school, but this is what some of the roads here look like:

Turn stupit photo sideways to view. That is an actual Ukrainian city road, in the capital city, no less.

nowoolies
16th March 2011, 01:53 AM
is that a Russian 4x4 parked in my driveway lmao

Clunk
16th March 2011, 02:54 AM
thats just like the floor in me house mate lol

Bigrig
16th March 2011, 10:50 AM
The little one is still too young for school, but this is what some of the roads here look like:

Turn stupit photo sideways to view. That is an actual Ukrainian city road, in the capital city, no less.

The funny thing is, most of us can only dream of having roads like that on which to get to work!!! LOL ...

Mrowka
17th March 2011, 12:09 AM
To be fair, that photo was not taken on the way to work. It was taken about a kilometer from where I live, on a day when I had to rescue two local geniuses in a very bogged Opel.

I actually take the subway to work, as I live and work next to a subway station. The subway is fast, clean, safe, convenient and cheap. None of these things can be said for Kiev traffic, especially in the center of the city.

I go off-roading as a relaxing distraction from Kiev traffic and especially the other drivers.

GUte
17th March 2011, 12:40 AM
Im have to do something about my chassis soon as there is a fair amount of bare metal and rust bubbling on a few welds and in joins etc, disappointing for an 05.
A mate has a sand blaster and a heap of garnet so I can get it cleaned up easy enough, but what to cover it with? I was reading about polyurethane enamel paints that are extremely durable and dont require an etch primer. Where is this undercoating available from or is there someone in perth that can apply it?

growler2058
17th March 2011, 08:31 PM
To be fair, that photo was not taken on the way to work. It was taken about a kilometer from where I live, on a day when I had to rescue two local geniuses in a very bogged Opel.

I actually take the subway to work, as I live and work next to a subway station. The subway is fast, clean, safe, convenient and cheap. None of these things can be said for Kiev traffic, especially in the center of the city.

I go off-roading as a relaxing distraction from Kiev traffic and especially the other drivers.

Wish I had a road like that close to my place! I'd never be home

Mrowka
18th March 2011, 05:18 AM
Wish I had a road like that close to my place! I'd never be home

Yeah, except I had to drive through extended mudholes well over my bumpers to get that Opel out.

Ended up getting water in both of my diffs. Caught the problem before I caused myself serious damage, but all the same: I = nidiot.

Mrowka
18th March 2011, 05:37 AM
Totally OT, but these are some of the trucks we see around here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-B_eI53zV0

Note the axle articulation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSQTCwSNO0Q&feature=fvwrel