PDA

View Full Version : Vic day trip outa melb 12th July?

DSPIES
20th June 2014, 02:38 PM
Hey folks.. anyone interested in a day trip on 12 July?

i was thinking toolangi to go back and look at Reds West Track and the other track (Reds East?) that we had a dig at on the last toolangi trip. I'd also like to do rocky track as its been a while. - not the biggest fan of driving bog holes all day but open to any track suggestions.

I'm also not fixed on location and open to suggestions as i understand seasonals means there is quite a bit closed up.
Being middle of winter this trip might also have to be 'weather pending'.

insert trip disclaimer here.

Also i'd assume mtrs would be required for the above mentioned tracks but lets say self recovery a minimum and limit to 6 cars so we can get some driving in during the day.

Your thoughts?

cheers

Bloodyaussie
20th June 2014, 03:02 PM
Maybe.......... as ears prick up!!!!!

Hodge
20th June 2014, 03:21 PM
Will keep an eye out on this ... Tentative.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Forum Runner

MEGOMONSTER
20th June 2014, 04:59 PM
I don't like these Saturday trips.
I work most Saturdays. Boohoo.
I would like to try Toolangi with a more capable Patrol instead of the one out of the box that I first went with AB. And then told me park it after lunch to do some tougher tracks in his car.

lucus30
20th June 2014, 05:26 PM
Could be in.... Need to speak the boss though

DSPIES
20th June 2014, 08:29 PM
well some interest is a start.

my logic on 6 cars is that we'll get enough driving in without standing around too long on a day trip.

AB
20th June 2014, 08:43 PM
That's the weekend I get back from the Simpson. I wonder what the misses will say?

DSPIES
20th June 2014, 10:28 PM
she'd prob tell you to stop sitting around the house all mopey and that you should of planned a 4wd trip to keep your spirits up... yep that's definitely what she'd say.

AB
21st June 2014, 05:37 AM
she'd prob tell you to stop sitting around the house all mopey and that you should of planned a 4wd trip to keep your spirits up... yep that's definitely what she'd say.

You have not seen the power of the dark side...lol

Crate
21st June 2014, 05:56 AM
I am keen, missed out on Reds west/east last trip!

Bloodyaussie
21st June 2014, 08:00 AM
I am keen, missed out on Reds west/east last trip!

Sorry no v8's allowed..... ha ha ha.

To hear your car doing that hill would be something else.

lucus30
21st June 2014, 11:16 AM
Sorry no v8's allowed..... ha ha ha.

To hear your car doing that hill would be something else.

But he might need to pull me all the way up ha ha

Alitis007
21st June 2014, 11:48 AM
Maybe in depends if my car is pieces or not hahahaa

pickers
21st June 2014, 07:27 PM
Yer I would be keen
Better if it was the Sunday but I must get up these hills my my self this time no winching
Pickers

DSPIES
21st June 2014, 08:17 PM
1. DSPIES
2. Crate
3. Pickers

If ppl want to post an alternate Sunday date, I'd also be keen (start a new thread, i'm sure there'd be numbers)

Bloodyaussie
22nd June 2014, 06:11 PM
1. DSPIES
2. Crate
3. Pickers
4. Bloodyaussie

Drewboyaus
22nd June 2014, 06:51 PM
Hmmmmm.....tempting......quite keen to do rocky track......Less keen for Reds East.....been down it but never been able to get up it. Last time I tried I didn't have a winch but I'll save the next attempt until I have at least one diff lock me thinks

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Bloodyaussie
22nd June 2014, 06:56 PM
Hmmmmm.....tempting......quite keen to do rocky track......Less keen for Reds East.....been down it but never been able to get up it. Last time I tried I didn't have a winch but I'll save the next attempt until I have at least one diff lock me thinks

And ????????????????

AB
22nd June 2014, 06:59 PM
1. DSPIES
2. Crate
3. Pickers

If ppl want to post an alternate Sunday date, I'd also be keen (start a new thread, i'm sure there'd be numbers)

Do not ever offer an alternative date mate. Johno and I did that once and there is never a date to suit everyone...lol

You may not get a huge number of members on one date then a month later on another trip it triples.

DSPIES
22nd June 2014, 09:05 PM
AB, i was thinking more along the lines of folks who want a sunday drive psoting their proposed date, and i could come along, in addition to this trip.

Surely we have the numbers on this forum (including ppl who dont post[i know you're out there]) to be doing more day trips to different locations.

I always think 5 or 6 cars is the best number of rigs on day trips.

jay see
24th June 2014, 09:30 AM
I would love to come to this, be good to put a few names to faces. However I've planned to take the family on a camping trip that weekend, finally a free weekend. If it doesn't happen are you guys OK with a pretty stock GU. It's got a winch, no lift and new a/t's. I've got basic recovery gear, shackles and a strap. I've gone out a few times when I had the surf, but I'm no expert, far from it.
If you think that I'm going to have too much trouble and hold everyone up I'll gladly give this one a miss and make the next one. Should have at least a 2" lift soon.
Cheers

DSPIES
24th June 2014, 12:15 PM
Gday Jay,
i dont have a lift on my Gu either but i do run muddies. It would be tough in all terrains! i think by memory someone on our lat trip tried Reds with all terrains so they may be able to provide more insight.
If it's wet, there's not a chance in hell i could see myself getting up there which is largely why the trip is whether pending.

Drewboyaus
24th June 2014, 06:08 PM
Gday Jay, i dont have a lift on my Gu either but i do run muddies. It would be tough in all terrains! i think by memory someone on our lat trip tried Reds with all terrains so they may be able to provide more insight. If it's wet, there's not a chance in hell i could see myself getting up there which is largely why the trip is whether pending.

Have you got a locker(s)?

DSPIES
24th June 2014, 08:29 PM
nope, no lockers either.
i had a 10 meter winch last time to get over a ledge but otherwise it was all lead foot and right line.

jay see
24th June 2014, 08:55 PM
DSPIES I think if the weather is good enough for wheeling it should be OK for camping :1087:,but I do like the all lead foot and right line approach. Well see have it all pans out.

krbrooking
24th June 2014, 09:12 PM
Spuing would have definitely been up but the old will be over here from Perth and we have a full weekend that weekend.

Sent from me using Forum Runner

Alitis007
24th June 2014, 10:01 PM
Is this for a sat or sunday ???

DSPIES
24th June 2014, 10:17 PM
Saturday 12 July.

lucus30
24th June 2014, 11:30 PM
Put me down as in for now. No winch though if that's OK

DSPIES
25th June 2014, 08:19 AM
1. DSPIES
2. Crate
3. Pickers
4. Bloodyaussie
5.Lucas30

Lucas, maybe just ensure you have a front recovery point...

Bloodyaussie
25th June 2014, 08:45 AM
1. DSPIES
2. Crate
3. Pickers
4. Bloodyaussie
5.Lucas30

Lucas, maybe just ensure you have a front recovery point...

That is a minimum Lucas.... we ask for a front.. many of us carry rear recovery that go in the tow bar so no problem to take off one car and fit to another but the front is a whole other story.

Crate
25th June 2014, 09:01 AM
Or you can winch bitch for me Luke :-)

lucus30
25th June 2014, 09:31 AM
That is a minimum Lucas.... we ask for a front.. many of us carry rear recovery that go in the tow bar so no problem to take off one car and fit to another but the front is a whole other story.

Yeah mate got front and rear recovery points. Need to fit the 2nd front but haven't got round to it yet

DSPIES
30th June 2014, 08:32 PM
It's going to have to be a fair bit drier than this weekend.

i was up towards wombat and it belted down rain the whole time.

what are the chances of a few dry days....

Family4x4
30th June 2014, 08:37 PM
My family and I are keen, but no winch.......

Crate
1st July 2014, 09:20 AM
I am pretty keen to get out there regardless of the weather, if we decide its not worth trying reds west then so be it, there is plenty of other tracks to get stuck on!

pickers
4th July 2014, 05:05 PM
Looks like I am out , kids party .
dam kids
Still keen on the snow trip when dates are up . Have fun out there and take some photos so I can show the other half what I missed out on
Got to get a bigger set of balls dam it

DSPIES
4th July 2014, 07:04 PM
1. DSPIES
2. Crate
4. Bloodyaussie
5.Lucas30

Alitis007
4th July 2014, 08:34 PM
Hhmmm this is next week...... If it was a sunday i'd say yeah for sure but depending on work if i finish by lunch time i could get there by 2???? Is that gona be too late???

DSPIES
6th July 2014, 10:52 AM
gday mate,
not sure regarding timing but i'd assume we'd still be driving around at 2. as for too late it may depend how far you have to come to get there.

Has anyone got any track recommendations?

Bloodyaussie
6th July 2014, 02:21 PM
Sorry to do this but I am out.... it is my nephews birthday and I have been told as I have not turned up to any of my nephews birthdays in a long time I have to go this time.

Look forward to the next one!!!

Crate
6th July 2014, 07:11 PM
1. DSPIES
2. Crate
3. Lucas30

Is it really just the 3 of us? We will get lots of tracks done! Weather forecast looks alright at the moment, few showers this week but no rain and some sun. Not sure on tracks but keen to do some exploring I am sure can find some interesting ones..

DSPIES
6th July 2014, 09:52 PM
yeah a day like today would be nice.

come on folks, there must be a couple more of you interested in going for a drive?

relyimah
6th July 2014, 10:13 PM
Sorry all. Only just saw this post. Have commitments unfortunately otherwise would have been keen as!

Hope those that go have a fantastic day!

Ben

DSPIES
7th July 2014, 10:08 PM
please chime in at any time with track recommendations folks?

Drewboyaus
8th July 2014, 07:15 AM
I've been considering whether I'd be able to make this but I can't this week. I have a long training ride on Sunday so have to do some domestic crap on Saturday.
David, I will have a look at my maps tonight and make some route suggestions........

Crate
9th July 2014, 03:12 PM
Any suggestions for meet up point?

Looks like it might be slippery!

DSPIES
9th July 2014, 03:40 PM
gG’day Crate,

I know your keen as mustard, but looking at the rain/weather report, all of the tracks I was essentially heading out for, are going to be undrivable.
What are your thoughts Lucas?

If 2 out of 3 want to head out, I’ll certainly go... but I’ve got my doubts on the outlook.

If we did meet up, the same place as last time on the corner is still the best spot:
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zNRGLe3SW0sg.kLFLZbK_02rU

lucus30
9th July 2014, 04:07 PM
Yeah mate I'm not sure I'm in at this stage either. Might have a few things to do to the patrol and want to do a snow trip soonish

Drewboyaus
9th July 2014, 05:05 PM
Why not consider heading up to Mt Matlock or somewhere this weekend. That's where I'd be going if I could get out......there will be shedloads of snow to go driving in......it would be awesome.

Crate
9th July 2014, 05:20 PM
Yeah alright lets give it a miss, I have stuff I was trying to avoid doing.. But maybe Ill get it done so I can get away another time. Shame there is so little interest after such a great turn out for the last one!

relyimah
9th July 2014, 05:56 PM
Shame there is so little interest after such a great turn out for the last one!

I'll certainly come on one some day mate. Trying to be a little more active on the forums, so maybe I will see the next post :)

DSPIES
9th July 2014, 06:02 PM
cheers folks, hopefully we make it happen next time.

MEGOMONSTER
9th July 2014, 06:16 PM
I've been quietly planting a seed in the Missus's head for this trip but with no definitive answer couldn't comment on the thread.
Since the weather isn't promising to go fishing on the weekend, I figured I'll try for this.
Never mind boys, there's always a next time.

mudski
9th July 2014, 06:40 PM
Why not consider heading up to Mt Matlock or somewhere this weekend. That's where I'd be going if I could get out......there will be shedloads of snow to go driving in......it would be awesome.

Bloody long drive for a day trip though...

lucus30
9th July 2014, 06:49 PM

This x2 though would be good

Drewboyaus
9th July 2014, 07:39 PM

Ahhgh, soft as butter! What's the point in having something like a Patrol if ya don't put a few k's on it.
Was up there on Monday with BA and yeah it was about 2.5 hrs to get there but it's not really that far.....and fark it would be worth it this weekend! It'll be 3 feet deep.

Bloodyaussie
9th July 2014, 07:41 PM
I'm well hard....!!!!!

Drewboyaus
9th July 2014, 07:51 PM
Photo from up there today.....will be mental by Saturday with snow down to 500m......
Really wish I could get out there again now......