PDA

View Full Version : looking for work in south australia

idiot 1
19th June 2014, 11:43 AM
hi I am a 52 yr old male with a hr truck license. have been on work cover for 9 months and now ready to join workforce again. either a driving job or retail (no experience in retail though). or labouring job.

threedogs
19th June 2014, 12:36 PM
Good luck getting re hired bad time in your life for that. Ive been on workcare since 91 and no one will touch you
even when you tell them the Gov will give them $20,000 to take you on. Wish you all the best in finding work

BigRAWesty
19th June 2014, 04:15 PM
Have you tried Swf or any of those guys?
They always seem to be taking blokes on to cover interstate routes.

idiot 1
19th June 2014, 05:02 PM
nah not tried swf. I don't have a semi license. just heavy rigid.

BigRAWesty
19th June 2014, 09:44 PM
Where are you based

idiot 1
20th June 2014, 08:29 AM
Where are you based

southern Adelaide. hallett cove

BigRAWesty
20th June 2014, 08:45 AM
I'd try toll or one of those delivery companies. But having a back issue may be a road block for parcel delivery

idiot 1
20th June 2014, 09:19 AM
not back issue. have had both shoulders done. one in may 2010 and other sept 2013. yeah know as soon as employers hear work cover they run a mile. no heavy lifting or repetitious work aloud by surgeon. or overhead work.

BigRAWesty
20th June 2014, 10:02 AM
Bugga..
Um have you looked at uni or tafe??

rusty_nail
20th June 2014, 10:19 AM
not back issue. have had both shoulders done. one in may 2010 and other sept 2013. yeah know as soon as employers hear work cover they run a mile. no heavy lifting or repetitious work aloud by surgeon. or overhead work.

i was under the impression that if your injuries do not hamper your ability at work you were not required to disclose previous work cover matters, they more ask that question as a matter of courtesy. i have been on workers comp for workplace bullying and have had no trouble being re-employed elsewhere.

also if you have been on work cover, arent they supposed to assist you in finding re-employment? i know that i had a "Return to work coordinator" when i was on stress leave.

idiot 1
20th June 2014, 10:37 AM
yeah I had a return to work coordinator back in 2010. I found my own job in oct 2010. other right shoulder went in 2013 due to over use caused by left one. had to leave that employment and shoulder was covered on original claim. now have my 10th case manager. just waiting for them to do something. in mean time I am looking myself. big thing is finding a job that pays more than I'm getting on work cover.

BigRAWesty
20th June 2014, 10:42 AM
Good on ya I say. And make sure it's known to the employer that your getting out there off your own back..
Shows initiative..
I'm sure if you approached anybody the bigger companies, even if you offer to assist in getting your semi or bigger licence, like out of hours training then you should be right.
I know Swf do run small rigid trucks to run from depot to delivery so you might be able to land something like that..
You handle small parcels but anything over 20kg is usually handled by fork

rusty_nail
20th June 2014, 10:44 AM
yeah I had a return to work coordinator back in 2010. I found my own job in oct 2010. other right shoulder went in 2013 due to over use caused by left one. had to leave that employment and shoulder was covered on original claim. now have my 10th case manager. just waiting for them to do something. in mean time I am looking myself. big thing is finding a job that pays more than I'm getting on work cover.

ok my advice would be to seek legal advice. insurance companies are jerks and they are just there to protect themselves and minimise the amount of money they have to pay out. they will muck you around as much as possible and will flirt with the limits of the law. anyting that helps them they will do.

as before, seek legal advice. that is your best bet.