PDA

View Full Version : Can't edit old posts

Winnie
19th June 2014, 07:40 AM
I have noticed that I can only edit new posts, like from the last day or so. I use this thread to keep a log on what I have done to my car and edit it with pics etc.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?17981-Winnies-747-TD42-GQ

I can't ask a mod to edit it all the time for me, is this something we can easily bring back?

Maxhead
19th June 2014, 07:55 AM
I have noticed that I can only edit new posts, like from the last day or so. I use this thread to keep a log on what I have done to my car and edit it with pics etc.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?17981-Winnies-747-TD42-GQ

I can't ask a mod to edit it all the time for me, is this something we can easily bring back?
Is this on forum runner? Just tried mine and its the same, can't edit.

Winnie
19th June 2014, 08:04 AM
I am on the PC at the moment.

AB
19th June 2014, 08:31 AM
I recently did a big upgrade and cleaned out a lot of crap in the cache in the forum that was a huge cause in this forum slowing down at night.

I might have reset some functions back to default by accident as I was on a culling spree, the forum is getting big for this bloody server already...lol

I'll try and have a look next week bud, I just need to try and wrap some things up today and head into the expo this arvo to set it all up for the next 3 days so I'm just under the pump until next Monday unfortunately.

Winnie
19th June 2014, 09:17 AM
No stress Andy

NissanGQ4.2
19th June 2014, 09:51 AM
I might have reset some functions back to default by accident as I was on a culling spree, the forum is getting big for this bloody server already...lol

Andy broke it again!!!! *L* I never noticed it as mods can edit all posts regardless of the settings in CP, but just logged in with my test username and yep the edit function is gone.

We are very lucky here with the ability to edit our posts after the fact, On another forum I use frequently members do not have the option to edit posts after a certain time period has lapsed.

I can understand the reasoning behind a forum been set up like that but is a pain as you can't go back and simply edit your post to fix a mistake, add new info or photo without the need of getting a mod or admin involved.

GenieLegend
27th June 2014, 03:32 PM
Hi

We need to be able to edit our product posts and special offer posts. I don't know if this a glitch like the others above or if we just need to be given THE AUTHORITY.

Cheers
Richard

NissanGQ4.2
27th June 2014, 04:58 PM
Hi

We need to be able to edit our product posts and special offer posts. I don't know if this a glitch like the others above or if we just need to be given THE AUTHORITY.

Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard

It will be a glitch like the others, Andy ( Admin with all the powers ) is away on holdidays at the moment if its urgent just start a new thread ( copy what you need from the old 2 the new ) and just PM me the old thread and I can delete it for you.

Cheers

Todd

GenieLegend
28th June 2014, 01:59 PM
Thanks. It can probably wait. When's Andy back?
Cheers
Richard

Forced Offroad
4th November 2014, 09:42 PM
I have this issue with my build thread and would like to edit a few things. There is no edit button on this thread but all my other post are fine like the one i am posting now....
Cheers

Clunk
4th November 2014, 10:08 PM
I have this issue with my build thread and would like to edit a few things. There is no edit button on this thread but all my other post are fine like the one i am posting now....
Cheers

Yeah AB broke the forum mate hahahahaha......... I think bit was said somewhere that it had something to do with this new version, you can edit new posts but anything older than a week or two needs to be done by mods...... Don't think AB was able to find a solution to the problem or just hasn't had the chance, either way he broke it ;):D

BigRAWesty
4th November 2014, 11:04 PM
Yeah AB broke the forum mate hahahahaha......... I think bit was said somewhere that it had something to do with this new version, you can edit new posts but anything older than a week or two needs to be done by mods...... Don't think AB was able to find a solution to the problem or just hasn't had the chance, either way he broke it ;):D

What's farken new

Forced Offroad
4th November 2014, 11:26 PM
Cheers for the reply,
Its great to have AB to put the Blame on..... Like the old saying.."don't fix what ant broke" or something like that.

Clunk
4th November 2014, 11:26 PM
Cheers for the reply,
Its great to have AB to put the Blame on..... Like the old saying.."don't fix what ant broke" or something like that.
it's what he does best hahahahahahaha

MudRunnerTD
4th November 2014, 11:34 PM

Yes sorry it has been like this since about May 2014 after a software update. The latest version of VBulletin only allow you to go back a week or less even, If you need something edited just pm a Mod or jsut quote yourself on your thread and make the change and that will also Bump your thread. Sorry for any inconvenience. VBulliten can not be rolled backwards.