PDA

View Full Version : Taking a touring holiday to TAS!!

Trypt
18th June 2014, 08:58 PM
Im going to to be holidaying to tas in early/mid november.

bringing the truck and me and a friend are going to get as much in as we can in about 10 days.

would really like to get some wheeling in along the way as well as seeing the usual tourist things.

Obviously starting in Devonport and we've decided to go in a clockwise sorta direction.

Can anyone recommend some tracks to wheel. (solo unless some lovely people wanna wheel with me)
would be nice to get a few days offroad with no more than 1-2 days at a time unless its a really epic drive!

trying to break up the trip abit with some hotel stays and seeing attractions in civilization if you get my drift.

cheers in advance

gowalkabout.com.au
11th July 2014, 05:40 PM
This is the best book you can get if you want to 4wd in Tassie http://www.gowalkabout.com.au/c/4535556/1/books.html

taslucas
11th July 2014, 06:39 PM
This is the best book you can get if you want to 4wd in Tassie http://www.gowalkabout.com.au/c/4535556/1/books.html

Yep that is a great book!

taslucas
11th July 2014, 06:51 PM
Here are some places and names to keep an eye out for in the north west....
I'll just name them and let your google do the rest.

(in no real order lol)
Coming north from strahan there's the spray tunnel near Zeehan (although I don't think you're allowed to drive through anymore....)
Montezuma falls is a must. It's a short but awesome little 4wd track in there (near Rosebery).
Take the road to corina and the barge over the river onto the Western Explorer road.
Balfour is an old ghost town.
The South Arthur forest loop.
Or into Arthur River township and Marrawah.
The Dismal Swamp is worth a stop.
A walk up The Nut at Stanley, and a great steak there :-).
Dip falls and Big tree.

Your best bet would be to ask Pearcey as he did an extensive circuit of the state and loved it! Hopefully he'll see this...

taslucas
11th July 2014, 06:53 PM