PDA

View Full Version : Camping trip for Sydney-ish members, school holidays

rusty_nail
10th June 2014, 11:29 AM
Hi guys,
I am keen to get try and organize a meet up over the school holidays which are only 3 weeks away. It would be great to meet some more of the Sydney and south coast folk and anyone else who wants to come!

No to sure where to go but from a bit of research i've done we could do Lithgow or Meryla and explore but be based in one spot. Alternatively I've always wanted to do the caves to caves road but I don't think there is much 4wding to do, just lots of dirt

Rocket55
10th June 2014, 10:22 PM
Sounds like fun, unfortunately ..for me... I'm going to QLD to sit on a beach during the upcoming holidays. :D

rusty_nail
10th June 2014, 10:30 PM
Sounds like fun, unfortunately ..for me... I'm going to QLD to sit on a beach during the upcoming holidays. :D

Soft!!! Well as usual a gigantic response from the NSW team Lol

crazyenough
10th June 2014, 10:42 PM
Sounds like a bit of fun..... Would be nice to actual know someone who owns a troll..

kevin07
10th June 2014, 10:44 PM
I could probably go the first weekend of holidays but would not be to leave till about 5pm friday

NissanGQ4.2
10th June 2014, 10:57 PM
Your crazy! It's winter time..............my time for hibernation..........Lucky I don't drive a 4wd anymore so can't go anyway!

rusty_nail
10th June 2014, 11:07 PM
Your crazy! It's winter time..............my time for hibernation..........Lucky I don't drive a 4wd anymore so can't go anyway!

You can always sit in the back seat

rusty_nail
10th June 2014, 11:09 PM
I could probably go the first weekend of holidays but would not be to leave till about 5pm friday

Great Kevin, was organizing something on face book also. How does the weekend of the 7th july sound? It's been suggested down near Wombeyan, swallow tail pass I think it's called.

rusty_nail
10th June 2014, 11:11 PM
Sounds like a bit of fun..... Would be nice to actual know someone who owns a troll..

Where bouts are you mate? I'm always keen to meet new peeps! Lemme know and will sort something out!

crazyenough
11th June 2014, 02:55 PM
In Quakers Hill

rusty_nail
11th June 2014, 03:08 PM
In Quakers Hill

Ok cool, I work in woolooware, and travel home to Wollongong every day I could meet you half way sometime if your up for it?

crazyenough
11th June 2014, 11:30 PM
Sounds like a great idea... Any nice tracks down that way? Want to get out and about with company.

kevin07
12th June 2014, 01:47 AM
menai if you want to rough it and 7th im working that weekend I get 1 weekend off and 1 on

rusty_nail
12th June 2014, 08:56 AM
Sounds like a great idea... Any nice tracks down that way? Want to get out and about with company.

Plenty of bush not far from here, Yalwal would be the closest but Meryla isnt far either. there are plenty over the other side of the mountains (Newnes, Oberon, Lithgow etc) and i dont mind going that far.

menai if you want to rough it and 7th im working that weekend I get 1 weekend off and 1 on

Kev, do you mean to camp at menai? or just day trip fourby? I cant say i would really wanna camp there =P is it even legal?

FYI, the other bunch of mates have suggested the following so Ill set it in stone and then people can figure out things easier with a definate date and destination:

DESTINATION:SwallowTail Pass And Gineacor Fire Trail
DATE:Friday 4th July to Monday 7th July and anyone is more than welcome to arrive late and leave early etc.

Havent worked out a campsite yet but ill update this when it is worked out.

also for more information about the spot i found a Blog from a bloke whoe rode it on enduro bikes Here (http://apairofstroms.wordpress.com/adventures/day-trips/day-trips-2013/june-9th-2013-swallow-tail-pass-fire-track/). Also check out below video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B98_a4sKIEU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I think its mainly easy going 4wding here so it will suit all levels of mods however im sure it will be possible to find some more serious stuff if anyone is keen.

Cheers,

Nic

crazyenough
12th June 2014, 01:03 PM
Hopefully I can get my 2" lift and winch in before the meet.

rusty_nail
12th June 2014, 01:14 PM
are you fitting it yourself mate? if you like and time works out i can give you a hand, ive done it before

crazyenough
12th June 2014, 05:39 PM
Sure am, I aint no mechanic but am okay on the tools, plus i want to make sure I know how everything works so when i eventually get time to hit the far north or inner lands of our great country i know how to fix things if they break.

Will definately take you up on your offer will PM you when it all comes in. thanks

rusty_nail
12th June 2014, 05:54 PM
Sure am, I aint no mechanic but am okay on the tools, plus i want to make sure I know how everything works so when i eventually get time to hit the far north or inner lands of our great country i know how to fix things if they break.

Will definately take you up on your offer will PM you when it all comes in. thanks

too easy buddy, also, I have installed 2 2" lifts now, both times i used a forklift i have access too. im sure we can work it out to use that workspace when the time comes if your interested.

Nic

crazyenough
13th June 2014, 12:40 AM
Thanks Nic probably going to order the lift kit tomorrow. Will let you know how I go.

kevin07
13th June 2014, 08:44 AM
menai is only for a day

rusty_nail
13th June 2014, 09:11 AM
menai is only for a day

my mechanic banned me from menai. he told me either i stopped seeing menai or he would stop seeing me. i can kind of understand tho, he showed me a full dustpan of menai mud last time i too shorty into him and said "Nic, we need to talk about mud"

ova50
13th June 2014, 09:57 AM
Guys, we wont be able to make this trip due to other plans that we are in the final stage of planning.
We will most likely be in Sth Aust at the time.
:cheers:

phelonius
13th June 2014, 06:59 PM
I'm a Sydney member, but wouldn't be able to make it for a camping trip.
Interested if you ever do a day trip though.

rusty_nail
13th June 2014, 07:26 PM
I'm a Sydney member, but wouldn't be able to make it for a camping trip.
Interested if you ever do a day trip though.

sounds great mate! are you north or south sydney? im in wollongong and im happy to travel abit for a little day trip.

phelonius
13th June 2014, 07:41 PM
sounds great mate! are you north or south sydney? im in wollongong and im happy to travel abit for a little day trip.

Down south, near the shire.l

NissanGQ4.2
13th June 2014, 07:55 PM
You can always sit in the back seat

Thanks for the offer mate, but its my daughters burf-day on the 6th so dare say I will be busy that weekend :)

NissanGQ4.2
13th June 2014, 08:02 PM
Thanks Nic probably going to order the lift kit tomorrow. Will let you know how I go.

If you haven't ordered the lift yet, give DSV4X4 a call and ask for Cosmo, he might be able to give you a good price, Tell him his old mate Todd sent you.

DSV4X4
Unit 8/4 Garling Road Kings Park, Sydney, Australia 2148
(02) 8678 7956

crazyenough
13th June 2014, 10:19 PM
Haven't yet will drop by them in the morning and have a chat with the guys.
Thanks Todd

crazyenough
14th June 2014, 07:33 PM
If you haven't ordered the lift yet, give DSV4X4 a call and ask for Cosmo, he might be able to give you a good price, Tell him his old mate Todd sent you.

DSV4X4
Unit 8/4 Garling Road Kings Park, Sydney, Australia 2148
(02) 8678 7956
Dropped by the shop today and they guys looked after me.. Ordered my 2" OME kit and damper on the spot.
Thanks Todd guys are only 5min away from my place which is bloody awesome too.

rusty_nail
15th June 2014, 10:20 AM
Dropped by the shop today and they guys looked after me.. Ordered my 2" OME kit and damper on the spot.

Great work mate! And good on ya Todd! This forum is worth it's weight in gold!

crazyenough
15th June 2014, 10:31 AM
Totally agree Rusty. Going to see if he can put a snorkel on as we'll.

NissanGQ4.2
15th June 2014, 07:53 PM

Good to hear they looked after you mate, have not spoke 2 or seen those guys in way 2 long.....and although I can't vouch personally for their new workshop, I have seen Cosmo's work first hand and have spent many hrs with him doing work on his Patrol ( at the time ) or him working on mine, or just out as mates four wheel driving :)

Yeh when I seen you were in Quakers Hill I though I would give them a plug, still gotta get my sorry ass down there and check out the workshop.

rusty_nail
17th June 2014, 09:12 AM
todd, or any mod for that matter,

if you feel its appropriate i just realised i should have put this one in the members meetups thread, can someone move this over?

cheers,

nic

crazyenough
20th June 2014, 09:53 PM
This still happening?

rusty_nail
20th June 2014, 11:45 PM
This still happening?

Yeah mate absolutely! Some mate are scouting out the area out this weekend how's the mods to your car going?

NissanGQ4.2
21st June 2014, 03:46 AM
todd, or any mod for that matter,

if you feel its appropriate i just realised i should have put this one in the members meetups thread, can someone move this over?

cheers,

nic

Done.

Have fun mate and feel free to call past on your way back for a beer or coffee

crazyenough
21st June 2014, 08:51 PM
Lift, snorkel in. Got it done by Toddies old mate.

Doing the winch tomorrow.

rusty_nail
21st June 2014, 08:53 PM

great stuff mate! make sure you share the pics with everyone on here! loking forward to seeing it!

NissanGQ4.2
21st June 2014, 09:00 PM

Good 2 hear, thought he might of been at the show this weekend @ Rosehill racecourse, must be his business partner Mark that is running the display they have there.

Are they doing the winch as well or you doing it yourself?

Yeh as Nic said some pics in a thread would be good :)

crazyenough
21st June 2014, 10:36 PM
Mark had his sister weddin today so it's Cosmos looking after the stand at the show today.

Will put some pics up tomorrow. Putting the redarc sb12kit and winch in myself. If I f it up I will take it to the boys to fix it.

rusty_nail
21st June 2014, 11:07 PM
Mark had his sister weddin today so it's Cosmos looking after the stand at the show today.

Will put some picks up tomorrow. Putting the redarc sb12kit and winch in myself. If I f it up I will take it to the boys to fix it.

haha good luck with it then, its pretty hard to F@#$ up, but if you do stuff somehthing up throw a question out on here and im sure someone will have an answer for you.

rusty_nail
24th June 2014, 09:56 AM
For anyone who is interested.

This trip has been moved to woolshed flats camp ground near Lithgow. Reason being there was bugger all tracks down near wombeyon.

The main dates are 4th-6th but more than welcome to arrive late/early.

I'm keen to check out the glow worm tunnel @newnes and some of the awesome scenery in the area.

Let us know if your able to come

NissanGQ4.2
24th June 2014, 05:02 PM
This trip has been moved to woolshed flats camp ground near Lithgow. Reason being there was bugger all tracks down near wombeyon.

U su!k and stop posting this stuff on FB or I'm gunna have 2 unfriend u

Had a look at your FB link to the camp ground, looks like a very nice spot

rusty_nail
24th June 2014, 05:56 PM
U su!k and stop posting this stuff on FB or I'm gunna have 2 unfriend u

Had a look at your FB link to the camp ground, looks like a very nice spot

Well you should come Todd!!! And bring your family! I'm still yet to meet your wife!

crazyenough
24th June 2014, 08:14 PM
It's nice up there. Tracks along the power lines are not bad.

rusty_nail
24th June 2014, 08:26 PM

reckon you can come mate? would be nice to meet you!

crazyenough
24th June 2014, 10:38 PM
I am keen but need to check with my events manager to make sure nothing is on... Like the chances of coming up for the day for some fun.

rusty_nail
24th June 2014, 10:53 PM
I am keen but need to check with my events manager to make sure nothing is on... Like the chances of coming up for the day for some fun.

Great to hear mate. I'll send you a pm.

BTW events manager? Lol is that code word for the missus or do u actually man events manager

crazyenough
24th June 2014, 11:16 PM
The wife who btw is an events manager..lol

rusty_nail
24th June 2014, 11:25 PM
The wife who btw is an events manager..lol

Lol OK thought you may have meant that haha

Rocket55
25th June 2014, 05:50 PM

Beecroft Rd aka the track in from the Newnes end has been graded :frown: used to be a great little track.

crazyenough
25th June 2014, 11:22 PM
Haven't been up there for about 6 months, shame if it crap. When were you last up there?

Might need to check with work to see what hasn't been graded!!!

Rocket55
26th June 2014, 07:38 AM
3 weeks ago.

Still plenty to do. Power lines, Son of Bob, Ranger Bob, Pipeline, Spanish Steps, opposite the Lost City (sorry don't know what that is called), plus many more.

There's on section on Beecroft that they didn't grade and funnily enough most of us took the chicken track anyway (in our stockers) a 5" lifted Hilux and a 3" lifted Wrangler drove it pretty easily though.

rusty_nail
26th June 2014, 08:12 AM
I really wanna check or the glow worm tunnels hey. There are some decent tracks to get to them right?

crazyenough
26th June 2014, 01:46 PM
glow worm tunnel isnt bad but nothing spectactular... not much glowing last time i was in there.

You can drive a normal car down to the glow worm tunnel car park and then its a 15-20min walk to the tunnel.

rusty_nail
26th June 2014, 10:01 PM
glow worm tunnel isnt bad but nothing spectactular... not much glowing last time i was in there.

You can drive a normal car down to the glow worm tunnel car park and then its a 15-20min walk to the tunnel.

hi mate, well be running channel 16 for the trip. im sure well talk more during the week but looking forward to catching up!