PDA

View Full Version : lovells or not lovells

tristo89
6th June 2014, 04:27 PM
Hi I resonantly bought a zd30 guII 2001 patrol with what looks like old 4 inch lift and 35 inch tires think the cars had a hard life, but my main question is I have had lovells in mt triton really happy with them don't know how well they will go with the GUII patrol, My brother with GUI 2.8 went with efs for not a bad price really good cross over nice extension but the ride a bit hard has anyone had lovells in the gu will they have the cross over and extension any input would be very much appreciated cheers

tristo89
6th June 2014, 04:29 PM
ohh yeah sorry looking to go 2inch and will the 35 go okay with 2inch

PMC
6th June 2014, 04:56 PM
Hi I resonantly bought a zd30 guII 2001 patrol with what looks like old 4 inch lift and 35 inch tires think the cars had a hard life, but my main question is I have had lovells in mt triton really happy with them don't know how well they will go with the GUII patrol, My brother with GUI 2.8 went with efs for not a bad price really good cross over nice extension but the ride a bit hard has anyone had lovells in the gu will they have the cross over and extension any input would be very much appreciated cheers

G'day tristo89,

I had a Lovells set-up over ten years ago on two GQ's that I had and I did not like the way the springs performed off road. They were fine towing my 3 tonne boat on the highway unfortunately they were not that good off-road. That said, they could have improved over the last decade and have made a better spring set-up.

As advised my Lovells were on a G/Q and not on a GU set-up. You need to ask yourself the first question, what do I want to do? ie towing or dedicated off road work or a balance of both. When you can answer that question, this will allow the various suspension mobs to advise you on which spring rate is best to suit your needs.

Regards,

PMC

tristo89
6th June 2014, 11:45 PM
yeah mainly of road 4x4 driving bit around town but not to fussed cheers for the advice

PMC
7th June 2014, 04:57 AM
G'day mate,

Give Zordo a call in Brisbane, he is brilliant when it comes to suspension set-ups and he is reasonably priced.

He handle's all 4wd suspension kits and also recovery equipment. I think off hand he stocks the following gear!

EFS, LOVELLS, DOBINSONS, TOUGHDOG, RANCHO, IRONMAN, BLUE MAX, BILSTEIN, KONI and various other brands. He also sells the following;

EXTENDED BRAKE LINES $50, EXTENED BRAIDED BRAKE LINE $80, COIL SPACERS from $46pr SUPERIOR ENGINEERING PRODUCTS also at good prices.

PH - FAX 07 33512692 OR 0418780611

Regards,

Paul

tristo89
8th June 2014, 01:28 PM
cheers for the advice guy don't know how if it will help being in nsw

PMC
8th June 2014, 06:27 PM
cheers for the advice guy don't know how if it will help being in nsw

He delivers all over Australia!

Regards,

PMC

crazyenough
11th June 2014, 03:01 PM
I contacted Zorda for a 2" with 33's , dual battery, steel bar and winch for all round driving and off roading and he advised to go the Koni's with Dobinson springs. Reading up on the Koni's they seems to have a good reputation for comfort and ability.

There are quite a few different configuration out there it all depends on how much you want to spend and what what you want to use it for.

tristo89
11th June 2014, 05:24 PM
yeah was mainly looking at the lovells or efs as they are quite cheep lovells like under 700 for the 2inch lift kit efs 1k for hit but that thanks for the advice

Shaft10
13th June 2014, 09:30 AM
I was looking at a lovells kit for my GQ ute let me know how u get on