PDA

View Full Version : Micky Thompson Dick Cepeks

patroltrav
12th February 2011, 08:27 PM
Guys,

Does anyone know if the brand of tyres dick cepek are any good. They are on a patrol I just bought and they are pretty noisy so i was wondering if i should keep them on or get rid of them??

Cheers Trav

YNOT
12th February 2011, 08:37 PM
Are they the FCII model? If they are then they are a reasonable quality all terrain tyre. The more aggresive the tread pattern the noiseier they will be on the road.
Wheel alignment is important as improper alignment can cause premature and uneven tyre wear which will make the tyres more noisey than usual.

Tony

patroltrav
13th February 2011, 07:33 PM
Yeah they are the fcII and they look brand spanking, I might go and get a wheel alignment see if that quietens then down.

Cheers

nowoolies
14th February 2011, 03:14 PM
im glad i saw the word tyres here ..................lmao

Bigrig
14th February 2011, 04:43 PM
I thought someone had posted a thread about some of the less scrupulous types on the forum ... I'm not sure who they are of course!!!! LOL

patch697
14th February 2011, 05:38 PM
I thought someone had posted a thread about some of the less scrupulous types on the forum ... I'm not sure who they are of course!!!! LOL

That sounds like fear talking Scotty...lololololol...ROFLMAO.

Sorry for the:hijacked:

Bigrig
14th February 2011, 05:40 PM
That sounds like fear talking Scotty...lololololol...ROFLMAO.

Sorry for the:hijacked:

Must admit, the heart fluttered a little!!!

Dark 1
14th February 2011, 06:04 PM
Basically come out of the factory that mickey t's & coopers are from.

MudRunnerTD
15th February 2011, 11:42 PM
If you dont like them mate put them on Ebay as they are a popular tyre and you will get a good price for them.

benzo
8th April 2011, 09:04 PM
pretty good tyre ae found them good

TimE
16th April 2012, 12:29 PM
I've been running FC IIs (285X75X16, 33") for 4 years, around 50.000 ks. They have seen mostly gravel and desert sand, with the occasional rocky bits.

The only issues I have had are, one tyre split around the bead, about 1/3 of the way around the tyre, one (a back tyre) lost a couple of lugs and was showing cracks at the base of a number of other lugs and its mate was also showing cracks at the base of a number of lugs. To their credit the local distributor agreed to a 50% credit on replacement tyres for each "damaged" tyre.

Update: had the replacement tyres fitted this week. The old tyres also had a number of small cracks running down the centre of the tread. Looked a bit like an old perished tyre. Given that the tyres had never been run flat, or below 18psi on sand, they looked like they had!

cookpa
16th April 2012, 06:12 PM
Mine were a little noisey untill i did the wheel alignment they are 3 weeks old now and perform off road better than expected , a track i usually struggle on at whoota is usually a winch out job. but first time through this weekend i just went over it no problem,