PDA

View Full Version : DVD Player in roof

TheFlyingBadger
12th February 2011, 04:36 AM
Fellas

I'm about to buy a DVD Player (10.4" flip down) from fleabay to placate the kids on long drives.

It'll go in in place of the interior light in the middle, i've found a link on patrol4x4: patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gu-gr-10/where-internal-roof-bars-dvd-install-21398/

which talks about securing it so i'm not worried about it being held in place but what about power?

Will the cable used for the interior light handle the current (claims to be 24W, so 2A). If so, then all good! If not, then i'd probably want to power it from my aux battery - what's the best way of getting that power up into the roof?

Cheers

Jon

NOTE: DIRECT LINKS HAVE BEEN REMOVED DUE TO PATROL4X4's VIRUS PROBLEMS, ENTERING THE ABOVE LINK INTO YOUR BROWSER YOU DO AT YOUR OWN RISK

KIND REGARDS

FORUM MANAGEMENT

Bigrig
12th February 2011, 09:39 AM
Fellas

I'm about to buy a DVD Player (10.4" flip down) from fleabay to placate the kids on long drives.

It'll go in in place of the interior light in the middle, i've found a link on patrol4x4: patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gu-gr-10/where-internal-roof-bars-dvd-install-21398/

which talks about securing it so i'm not worried about it being held in place but what about power?

Will the cable used for the interior light handle the current (claims to be 24W, so 2A). If so, then all good! If not, then i'd probably want to power it from my aux battery - what's the best way of getting that power up into the roof?

Cheers

Jon

Have you bought it yet? I'll get my brother to send some pics to me today of his setup - he has a 94 GQ and just put some in for the kids also.. I think his are the seat mount variety though, but apparently works a treat.

patch697
12th February 2011, 09:50 AM
You can run the cables up the A pillar & hide them quite well, you shouldn't have any drama's there.

DX grunt
12th February 2011, 03:50 PM
Jon,

Have a look at Nissan Kid's 'Member's ride' section. He's one of the 'Gadget Guru's on here, with everything that opens and shuts. lol Go Matt!

katwoman
15th February 2011, 06:35 PM
Jon,

Have a look at Nissan Kid's 'Member's ride' section. He's one of the 'Gadget Guru's on here, with everything that opens and shuts. lol Go Matt!

While you're at it, any one have pics of roof consoles built around roof mounted dvd's?