PDA

View Full Version : Crossing the Simmo

Chefpatrol
24th May 2014, 10:36 PM
Hi guys,
My wife and myself are crossing the Simpson Desert in July in our Patrol. Who's got any words of advice or tips that they might like to share? Thanks in advance.

Bloodyaussie
24th May 2014, 10:37 PM
Yeah try not to run into the forum meet up or you will end up having a few too many beers !!!!

AB
24th May 2014, 10:43 PM
Hi guys,
My wife and myself are crossing the Simpson Desert in July in our Patrol. Who's got any words of advice or tips that they might like to share? Thanks in advance.

I thought I saw a post from you the other day about this but forgot to mention it.

As above we have approximately 10 vehicles meeting at dalehousie springs on July 1st for a west to east crossing.

I don't think we have any east coast members going though, only vic, sa and wa so we are starting from that side.

You are more than welcome to join us, if you are going the other way we could possibly meet up somewhere along the way depending upon your dates.

Anyways hopefully some others can offer advice on your questions.

Are you just taking one vehicle?

TPC
24th May 2014, 10:58 PM
Do you have good suspension (2in lift) and tyres?
Make sure all your hoses and belts are good and carry spares.
Carry oils and other fluids.
2 spare tyres and puncture repair kit.

Bloodyaussie
27th May 2014, 02:02 PM
Hey how come I dont get thanked... I thought my advice was the best !!!!!!!!!!!! lol !!!!!!!!!!!

threedogs
27th May 2014, 02:07 PM
Depending on the age of your Patrol a pre trip inspection would be high on my list of things to do,
How old are your batteries, will be getting freezing temps in the desert