PDA

View Full Version : Brake light stays on y61

giga2011
11th February 2011, 11:29 AM
Hello Patrolians,

I observed my 4x4's rear brake light stays on. I had a thorough checks on the brake fluid container with no leaking and the fluid level is still excellent. The fuse is now disconnected from the fuse compartment temporarily and am not going to drive it until it get fix. Wish some help in this problem ASAP. Appreciate it much..

regards,

the evil twin
11th February 2011, 11:45 AM
Hello Patrolians,

I observed my 4x4's rear brake light stays on. I had a thorough checks on the brake fluid container with no leaking and the fluid level is still excellent. The fuse is now disconnected from the fuse compartment temporarily and am not going to drive it until it get fix. Wish some help in this problem ASAP. Appreciate it much..

regards,

Check the switch on the brake pedal arm. Known to be the source of most "always on" isssues. Usually the small rubber boot has fallen off or the switch needs a slight adjustment.

Does the Car have Cruise? Does that engage OK?

timbar
11th February 2011, 03:03 PM
HI Giga

Did u mean the brake lights on the back of the vehicle or do u mean the brake warning light on the dash is staying on ?

the evil twin
11th February 2011, 03:29 PM
HI Giga

Did u mean the brake lights on the back of the vehicle or do u mean the brake warning light on the dash is staying on ?

I was going to ask the same but he did say "rear brake warning light" so I went with the 'rear brake light'

Hey Giga... which fuse did you pull?

giga2011
13th February 2011, 05:43 AM
Check the switch on the brake pedal arm. Known to be the source of most "always on" isssues. Usually the small rubber boot has fallen off or the switch needs a slight adjustment.

Does the Car have Cruise? Does that engage OK?

Hy,
Million thanks for the information. You are awesome. As soon as I receive your reply I went to check the on/off switch that leads to the brake pedal arm and found that the small rubber broken into pieces. That is a 5 mins fixing using temporary eraser out of my kid's study desk. :))

Later the same day I went to the auto parts store to purchase the rubber and fix it myself. A great saving for me rather than to use the store's services. :)

Thanks again man..

giga2011
13th February 2011, 05:45 AM
HI Giga

Hy, It is the rear brake light NOT the warning light on the dashboard.

giga2011
13th February 2011, 05:50 AM
I was going to ask the same but he did say "rear brake warning light" so I went with the 'rear brake light'

Hey Giga... which fuse did you pull?

Hey,
Pulled out the fuse that labelled "STOP LIGHT".
Thanks.

the evil twin
13th February 2011, 12:57 PM
Hy,
Million thanks for the information. You are awesome. As soon as I receive your reply I went to check the on/off switch that leads to the brake pedal arm and found that the small rubber broken into pieces. That is a 5 mins fixing using temporary eraser out of my kid's study desk. :))

Later the same day I went to the auto parts store to purchase the rubber and fix it myself. A great saving for me rather than to use the store's services. :)

Thanks again man..

Great result.

Jeez, that was a good jag by the ole E.T... ROFLMAO... wish my kids would listen half as much

giga2011
16th February 2011, 11:36 AM
Great result.

Jeez, that was a good jag by the ole E.T... ROFLMAO... wish my kids would listen half as much

Haha... I actually convinced my kid the importance to have family car's safety comes first, they understood it. The very same day I actually bought a nice eraser for my kid. And they are happy. :)

GU4u
19th February 2011, 12:17 AM
LOL all my kids use pens!!! I would have been buggered!!

Bigrig
19th February 2011, 12:23 AM
LOL all my kids use pens!!! I would have been buggered!!

Bet a pack of pencils is cheaper than anything direct from Nissan spares!! LOL ....

GU4u
19th February 2011, 01:00 AM
I recon you hit the nail on the head with that one!

maque
10th July 2012, 08:51 PM
hi pals. is the brake light and Stoplight Switch (http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/brake_light_switch~pop.html) is the same? i just in need to change my stolight but dont know how to remove and replace one. any response would be high appreciated. thanks!

ssoac
15th May 2017, 03:07 PM
hi pals. is the brake light and Stoplight Switch (http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/brake_light_switch~pop.html) is the same? i just in need to change my stolight but dont know how to remove and replace one. any response would be high appreciated. thanks!

Wow I had this same problem happening to my Patrol today, I will check that 1st thing in the morning.

motorcyclesfish
11th November 2019, 06:01 PM
G'day guys, just wanted to say this thread saved my bacon yesterday, get yourselves a beer!