PDA

View Full Version : Gq patrol super flex arms

GRKY60
20th May 2014, 08:50 AM
Hey guys new on the forum so would appreciate any advice. Well I am currently running 4" suspension lift with 1" body with drop boxes and the front end is really lacking in flex so I was thinking of putting in the super flex arms I want to know everything to do so do I need to change things for example longer travel shocks, extended shock towers, drag link pan hard rod and steering arm changing or modifications I can't think of anything else but if I have forgotten please don't hesitate to tell em Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated

BigRAWesty
20th May 2014, 03:12 PM
I would think if your happy with current spring rates and the feel of the car then it should be a simple swap.
Are you going superflex arms designed for the 4" lift or keeping the drop boxes?

Are you still running a sway bar?
If so superior have now designed a setup which allows more travel, and it all bolts to stock mounts..

threedogs
20th May 2014, 03:21 PM
might want to fit extended brake lines.
If you get a chance pop over to the intros and tell us a bit about yourself and your Patrol.
Just a courtesy thing that the forum expects from us all, no harm done.

GRKY60
20th May 2014, 05:58 PM
I want to get rid of the drop boxes if so do I need to get arms to suit the suspension lift? I like the feel of the car but won't the 4" shocks limit the ammount of flex the superflex can give me

GRKY60
20th May 2014, 05:59 PM
Also I already have put in extended break lines no worries il go into intros and write some info up thanks for the advice

BigRAWesty
20th May 2014, 06:07 PM
Well if your already reaching the end limit of the shock them no you won't gain anything..

In saying that if you put in longer shocks you will reduce the up travel.
Its not a simple bolt this in and go. What are you looking for?

You will be able to fit slightly longer shocks in the front by raising the top tower a bit.. So if you lift the tower brace 1" you should be able to fit 5" shocks without having to lengthen current bump stops.

You have extended the stock bumps to suit your 4" lift yea??

nissannewby
20th May 2014, 06:46 PM
Hey guys new on the forum so would appreciate any advice. Well I am currently running 4" suspension lift with 1" body with drop boxes and the front end is really lacking in flex so I was thinking of putting in the super flex arms I want to know everything to do so do I need to change things for example longer travel shocks, extended shock towers, drag link pan hard rod and steering arm changing or modifications I can't think of anything else but if I have forgotten please don't hesitate to tell em Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated

Having already installed a complete 4" lift mate the only thing you need to change will be the arms. As you want to rid yourself of the drop boxes you will have to get 4" suited superflex arms. You may need to modifications to shock towers and bump stops and possibly also need new shocks. All of that can wait til you have the arms and can take some measurements then make your shock choice and mod decisions from there. Don't focus on the description 5" shocks what you need to focus on is open and closed lengths of the shock.

nissannewby
20th May 2014, 06:48 PM
Well if your already reaching the end limit of the shock them no you won't gain anything..

You may have read that wrong. I think he is worried about his 4" shocks limiting his new found travel with superflex arms.

BigRAWesty
20th May 2014, 11:01 PM
You may have read that wrong. I think he is worried about his 4" shocks limiting his new found travel with superflex arms.

Might have. Would you allow shocks to be the limiting factor? Or would droop straps be needed to stop full travel?

GRKY60
20th May 2014, 11:03 PM
Hey guys thanks for the advice so far. Yes I have extended the bump stops to suit the 4" lift. So the consensuous so far is I will get the arms fit them and take some measurements of the shock length shock tower and bumpstops needed if I am wrong please correct me I also have in my possession from the previous owner shock towers extended 2" and 6" shocks saying I am correct in all the info now and all goes to plan I get the correct shock and tower lengths would I have to get an adjustable draglink as I only have the standard fixed one and am not sure if it would be ok all of my other panhard rods and arms are adjustable

BigRAWesty
20th May 2014, 11:33 PM
Your probably starting to push the upper limits of the fixed drag link, but still not must have thing..

GRKY60
20th May 2014, 11:47 PM
No worries well il be getting the arms in the next few weeks so il post when I'm done and let you all know how I go thanks again for all the advice

Lightspeed
22nd May 2014, 06:21 PM
No worries well il be getting the arms in the next few weeks so il post when I'm done and let you all know how I go thanks again for all the advice

If your getting superior super flex arms some come with swaybar mounting holes & some don't . If your going to run swaybars you will need them. By law I think you have to run swaybars. Take a look at there new super flex swaybar setups while your at it.