PDA

View Full Version : Time to upgrade the suspension whats the best touring setup on the market

patrol2.8
18th May 2014, 03:42 PM
Ok time to look at upgrading the old girl have had the OME ltrs in since 98 surprisingly they are still serving the old girl well just completed a 3 week outback run through the flinders up to birdville a drive through the simpson Cameron corner part of the Oodnadatta track the Birdsville track and the old strezleki track cordillodowns etc now the old ome has lasted well due to being serviced regularly but over the yrs ive added more n more to the car so looking to up grade what is the best suspension out there cars setup for long distance touring as that's what im more interested in doing now ive attached a pic of how I run the car when touring

MudRunnerTD
18th May 2014, 03:48 PM
A rear tower brace setup from Superiors and a fresh Old Man Emu is what I would fit. You got 16years out of the last set!! Outstanding I think! On that basis alone you should be their biggest advocate.

In a heart beat I would freshen up the OME with new OME.

patrol2.8
18th May 2014, 04:00 PM
Mate I agree on ome ive spoke with them and the shocks are fine they recommended just rebuilding them as that's the cheaper option and fitting new springs to cope with the extra weight and replacing all the other bushes the reason they have lasted is regular servicing as they are the remote canister type i really don't want to get rid of them they still hold the nitrogen well only needing a top up every 12 mnths or so even over the last 3 weeks the corrugation's ive been over the ome s never even faulted once the only thing that let me down was the bottom bush disintegrated cost a total of 40 bucks to fix

threedogs
18th May 2014, 04:11 PM
If it aint broke don't fix it, Good testament for the LTR's
the rear tower brace would be high on my list if towing or carrying big loads

MudRunnerTD
18th May 2014, 08:36 PM
Yeah wow see that's a whole other animal! You have LTRs, mate that's a no Brainer. LTR for life bud! To remove them your looking for Kings Smoothies or the like.

New coils and a kit for the LTRs and continue smiling.

BigRAWesty
18th May 2014, 09:04 PM
What are ltr's???

patrol2.8
18th May 2014, 09:26 PM
Ltrs are nitrogen filled shocks with remote canisters

MudRunnerTD
18th May 2014, 09:46 PM
What are ltr's???

Top of the range Old Man Emu remote reservoir Nitrogen shocks. Fully rebuildable.

BigRAWesty
19th May 2014, 05:52 AM
Ow right.. Cheers