PDA

View Full Version : Recurve bows

Irish
17th May 2014, 09:06 AM
Anyone got any experience with em?

Have been mulling over getting a takedown recurve bow to chuck in the backpack when going away.

I like the simplicity and small size for lugging over a compound bow, less moving parts etc..

growler2058
17th May 2014, 09:26 AM
Everything you want to know youll find here mate http://www.bowhunting-forum.com/forum.php

Irish
17th May 2014, 09:59 AM
Excellent, was hoping you'd see this. Ta for that link, I'd better put a fresh pot on the boil:-)

growler2058
17th May 2014, 10:04 AM
Its a dedicated hunting forum but embraces all bows, long bow recurve and compound even a little bit of crossbow. For a brilliant magazine get South Pacific Bowhunter

hellfish
27th June 2014, 09:25 PM
I recently got back into archery after a 20 year break;), I looked around for a decent recurve takedown bow that didn't break the bank and ended up getting a Samick Sage 62" 50#, I did change the string to a flemish fast flight, put a bear hair rest and plate on and added a couple of beaver ball silencer and it shoots pretty good, all for under $200.

Bloodyaussie
27th June 2014, 09:35 PM
Hey Peter you have to get even closer to the target than a rifle mate and you walk through the bush like an elephant !!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha!!!!