PDA

View Full Version : Grantham Support appeal cruise

Finly Owner
10th February 2011, 10:03 PM
Cruise to Support People of Grantham (QLD)

Received this from reader Elton Walker, mark your calendars...

The Queensland Chevrolet Car Club Inc has been busy organising a car cruise to support the people of the Lockyer Valley.

We're organising a large combined car club run to Grantham to directly support the residents with a large donation, gifts of non perishables, clothing and toiletries etc. This has only come together in the past 10 days or so and many more details need to be worked out but here's what we've managed to arrange so far in conjunction with the Grantham State School P & C. With even more support from as many clubs as possible we can make a significant difference to the lives of those poor people in Grantham.

Now is your time to stand up and be counted as a very caring (car loving) Australian.

On Saturday 5th March 2011 a car cruise will leave Brisbane and the Gold Coast and travel via Springfield, Ipswich, Rosewood, Laidley, Gatton and arrive at Grantham around noon, picking up goods, more cars, street machines and hot rods on the way. Cars will also arrive from Toowoomba and the Darling Downs region. All cars will be parked in and around the school grounds for an impromtu free car show.

More details will be sent out via email and phone messages as they come to hand about meeting points and times. Money raised and goods collected so far include:
Queensland Chevrolet club: Donating $5000 minimum (Proceeds from our Swap Meet on 30 January and a generous top up donation from the club)
Donated goods from Hot Rod Hotline in America (they saw the flood events on TV in the States and wanted to help) will be raffled until 5 March and all proceeds will be donated.
A ute load of sporting equipment donated by Struddys Sports Store for the Grantham School - currently the school has no sporting gear whatsoever
A very generous Qld Chev Club member has donated a fully restored and tuned 100 year old upright piano valued at over $5000 - for the school.
Coles stores will donate sausages for a massive BBQ (gold coin donation) put on by the Chev Club and the P & C
All the proceeds and goods donated will be distributed by the P&C directly to those in most need in Grantham.
Come on the rest of you clubs out there - persuade your members to either donate goods, clothing, food, money etc and/or join the cruise and support a great cause.

Times to be at special meeting points will be emailed/phoned/SMS'd/Facebooked etc as soon as we can arrange them.

If you and your club members are willing to participate, phone our club run organiser Eric Tomson on 0409 055 824 or Elton Walker on 0417 791 595.

Woof
11th February 2011, 09:12 PM
Good on them for doing this for the town, hopefully they will get a great turnout of supporters, well done to all associated with this event.:smiley_thumbs_up::thumbup::smiley_thumbs_up ::thumbup::bigthumbup::smiley_thumbs_up::bigthumbu p:

Dhuck
11th February 2011, 09:22 PM
Good on them for doing this for the town, hopefully they will get a great turnout of supporters, well done to all associated with this event.:smiley_thumbs_up::thumbup::smiley_thumbs_up ::thumbup::bigthumbup::smiley_thumbs_up::bigthumbu p:

I agree, but living here and hearing so much and not being able to do much (due to a shoulder injury inhibiting me) saddens me knowing it is on the same weekend the Qld get together is on.

Bigrig
11th February 2011, 09:31 PM
I agree, but living here and hearing so much and not being able to do much (due to a shoulder injury inhibiting me) saddens me knowing it is on the same weekend the Qld get together is on.

Same goes - would be a good thing, and unfortunately at the same time as the weekend away.

Dhuck
11th February 2011, 09:39 PM
There was a trip last week end details as follows

http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=219502

Woof
11th February 2011, 09:51 PM
We can only do what we can boys, don't feel bad about it as the trip was planned well before this was posted, so get out there and enjoy yourselves.http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

Dhuck
11th February 2011, 10:01 PM
We will mate. Just a pitty that you inter-state boys/gals can't be here.

However go hard the folks organizing and attending the event.