PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 1993 4.2l GQ DX7 Diesel Patrol..Coffs Harbour NSW

gefadi
13th May 2014, 08:40 PM
Item for sale: 1993 4.2litre GQ DX7 Diesel Patrol
Price: $12500
Condition: Very Good

Details:

1993 4.2 Litre GQ DX7 (7 seats) Diesel Nissan Patrol.
Manual
just over 310,000km
Meticulously maintained and serviced (every 5000kms on the dot).
Full length alloy roof rack (rated at 200kgs)
alloy bull bar and side steps
IPF driving lights
Warn 9000lb winch
snorkel
extractors
2,5 inch mandrel bent exhaust
Finer air filters
5 x alloy wheels
moulded wheel arch flares and mudguards
tinted windows
hayman reece towbar
anderson plug and 15amp lead
dual batteries
UHfF/CB
air conditioned
rust proofed (but no beach work)
cargo barrier
12v outlet in rear
electric brake controller
NSW Rego until Nov 2014

Mainly used for 70km round trip to work and back and occasional 4wd. We bought it from 2nd owner, which when he bought it only had 40km on clock.

We have only had the truck for 3 weeks. Very regrettable sale due to inability to cater for 3 child restraints. (Big mistake on our behalf). Has had pre sale inspection, and pressure tested from VERY reputable 4wd mechanic in Coffs, and passed with no problems. Engine in very good condition, should do another 300,000km no problem.

Please feel free to call if you have any questions. More photos available on request.

Geoff 0448 484 687

Clunk
13th May 2014, 09:24 PM
Shame to sell after such a short period..... In regards to the 3 child restraints, do you need these or child seats? If so, you can get a Crab bar fitted for less than the pain of having to sell a mighty TD42 GQ...... There's a couple of threads on here somewhere with some info.

gefadi
13th May 2014, 09:35 PM
Thanks Clunk, we have investigated that, read many forums, and even got advice from mobility engineering and unfortunately the CRAB bar would not suffice our needs...we have twins and a 2 year old, when the 2 year old goes into a booster seat, we cannot use the lap only sash in the middle seat for suitable restraint. The CRAB bar does not allow the 3rd row seat to be used, so basically we can only get 2 years out of this vehicle until the youngster moves into a booster. So sad, we are gutted, we were so lucky to get this vehicle and so looking forward to 4wd and travelling outback with the kids but safety of our children is paramount. We need to change vehicles for a 60/40 split seat, and this old girl has a 50/50. I guess in the older vehicles, the child safety restraints we have today were not as strict.

Clunk
13th May 2014, 10:09 PM
Are you able to use a harness attached to a Crab bar, which the lap belt would then feed through, securing both child and booster seats?...... I think I'm probably just clutching at straws

gefadi
13th May 2014, 10:34 PM
yes Clunk, that is a possibility, but the child harnesses you describe have been proven not to be the safest in todays standards (though they are still on the market). The new style boosters have guide points for the belt to go through, which the H tethered harness does not offer. Plus, this harness would be in the middle seat and would be an absolute PITA to do up...it was hard enough with the two outside seats! I appreciate your thoughts and help, believe me we have too tried to think of every possible solution.

Clunk
13th May 2014, 10:49 PM
Mate, it sucks big hairy ones for sure........ I must admit I was quite surprised to see that Nissan didn't think it was a good idea to change their seating setup in the GU's, especially when you had the likes of Prado and Pajero, with a 60/40 split and 3 proper seatbelts for the second row....... cant remember what the 80 series or 100 series have though........... In saying that though I remember my old 2003 Xtrail only had a lap belt in the middle.

Well the very best of luck in your sale and search for another vehicle

gefadi
13th May 2014, 11:16 PM
Thanks, yes it does suck big time, it's a great truck! Yes, we will be crossing over to the other side, (shame on Nissan for not catering for families with 3 kids) and look at the Prado, as I know for sure they have 3 anchor points behind the 2nd row seats. I was hoping the newer models of patrols had changed the seat config, but obviously not! I know the 80 series is 50/50, not sure about 100 series, have been too depressed to look too much into it at this stage! Maybe we could sell one of the kidlets! LOL

Clunk
13th May 2014, 11:17 PM
I just had another thought, seeing as the child will be in a booster seat for the next 5 years or so....... up to the age of 7 give or take depending on how tall your 2 year old gets........

booster seats will have a 5 point harness, top tether of the boost seat fastens to the crab bar, lap belt feeds through the base of the booster seat and secures it in place

firm351
14th May 2014, 08:12 AM
I just had another thought, seeing as the child will be in a booster seat for the next 5 years or so....... up to the age of 7 give or take depending on how tall your 2 year old gets........

booster seats will have a 5 point harness, top tether of the boost seat fastens to the crab bar, lap belt feeds through the base of the booster seat and secures it in place

That was pretty much my way of thinking when we got the patrol, my youngest one will be in the booster for 6 and a half more years, at the moment she sits in the middle her seat is fastened by the center lap only belt and tethered to a crab bar.

My 4 year old twins sit on the sides in convertible booster seats, they still use the 5 point harness but when they are big enough they will use the lap sash belt with seat belt extenders so that they will be able plug the belt in themselves.

When the youngest is big enough to use a lap sash belt she will move to the side and one the twins can sit either in the middle or in the 3rd row.

I'm not sure how a crab bar fits into a GQ but in my GU it mounts very easily and has the added bonus of taking the anchor points off the floor which makes it easier to pack stuff in the back without the tether straps getting in the way.

There has to be a way to avoid buying a toyota.

gefadi
14th May 2014, 07:52 PM
My 4 year old twins sit on the sides in convertible booster seats, they still use the 5 point harness but when they are big enough they will use the lap sash belt with seat belt extenders so that they will be able plug the belt in themselves.

Thanks for your thoughts. Laws in WA may be different than NSW, but please do check with an authorized fitting station. The tethered "H" harness that fits over the child on a booster seat is very difficult to fit correctly, EVERYTIME. The lap part of the harness (which is formed with the lap seatbelt) must be sitting on the child's hips, not abdomen. It is very hard to correctly fit this without it riding up. The new booster seats have red safety guide points that keep the belt in the correct position and avoids this from rising up. The "H" harness does not have this safety guide point. Serious damage can be made in the event of an accident if the seatbelt is across the child's abdomen, so please check this. Also the extender belt section to allow child to plug in their own seatbelt, are no longer advised or installed by an authorized fitter, as they change the length of the seatbelt and position it sits on the child's hips.

So even if we installed a crab bar, when my youngest is out of his car seat and into a booster (in 2 years time) I would not feel comfortable with him (or the older kiddies) in a "H" harness in the middle seat. Our GQ does not have anchor points behind the rear seat to enable a child restraint to be tethered in the 3rd row :(

We could put one of the twins in the rear 3rd seat with a lap/sash booster, but then the cargo barrier would have to be removed, and the back seat is a bench seat, taking up all the boot space...we would have no room at all for luggage when travelling.

We have had the roof looked at near the back door for the possibility of anchoring there, but apparently on this model, it is not possible :(

Believe me, we have tried to think of every avenue possible. But by the time we spend the money to do the crab bar, and the other mods we want, the amount of money we are spending on this vehicle is not worth it. We would love to stay with a patrol, but looks like the seat configuration is just not a viable option for us.:(

Avo
15th May 2014, 02:33 PM
hey mate,just had a thought,could you fit the front seats out of a ute..there 60/40..rh side bucket the passenger seat 3 quarters?just been out cleaning the work ute and thought this as I had read this thread the other day..

gefadi
16th May 2014, 12:51 PM
Hi,
Thanks for your phone call, and your message. Good idea, but unfortunately we are still stuck with the fact that there are only 2 anchorage points in the back, where as we need 3, which still leaves the crab bar as the only feasible solution.