PDA

View Full Version : GQ towing

benno
10th February 2011, 10:32 PM
Howdy Guys and Girls,

Iv'e had heaps of different amounts said to me but does anybody know the correct towing wieght for a GQ 4.2 ltr wagon,

I've been told anything from 2000kg to 3000kg.

Cheers Tony.

Finly Owner
10th February 2011, 10:38 PM
not sure of factory rating for your GQ on it's own but your towbar has it's own rating as well. So which ever is the least is what you can pull. So once someone tells you the the factory recommended towing capacity of GQ then check your towbar and which ever is the lesser capacity is what you can legally tow.

Tim

AB
10th February 2011, 10:40 PM
Hi mate, on the top of my head I think It's 2500kg with trailer brakes and 750kg without....Anyone else?

Bob
10th February 2011, 10:49 PM
Hi mate, on the top of my head I think It's 2500kg with trailer brakes and 750kg without....Anyone else?

An old Manual I have confirms your advice AB

the evil twin
11th February 2011, 01:26 AM
hi mate, on the top of my head i think it's 2500kg with trailer brakes and 750kg without....anyone else?
x 3 .........

Clunk
11th February 2011, 01:34 AM

I'm no expert but that's what I've heard too

damianovdd
11th February 2011, 02:48 AM
I have two coupons for car registration (here in Bg). One (small) carry it with me with the driver's license, other (larger) stays at home. In the large is written what is the mass of the car, what is permissible load mass and what is permissible mass of the towed vehicle.
Perhaps it would be good to see in the coupon.
If you hitch is raised further (after buying), see the supporting documentation.

damianovdd
11th February 2011, 05:00 AM
Funny..
Just read mine "Registration certificate part 1":
(O) technically permissible maximum towable mass of the trailer: not a number
And I have towbar whit no documents...

MQ MAD
11th February 2011, 09:51 AM
750KG is the most wieght in a trailer without brakes
Yep those 1,000L tanks in an unbraked trailer illegal and fines lately have been issued

Not sure what is the right amount
But i tow 2-2.5 T with the GQ TB42 e fairly frequent,but i do have electric trailer brakes on the trailer
I know it does depend on the engine size regarding what its capable to tow

Just remember its no consilation to tow to the cars maximum amount without having brakes on the trailer