PDA

View Full Version : Help

Annieslost
13th May 2014, 02:37 PM
I have a nissan patrol 2001. 3litre diesle I was driving home yesterday and there was a whooshing sound then billowing white smoke pouring out exhaust I pulled over and shut off engine immediately. Pulled the bonnet and the coolant was bubbling in overflow someone has told me I have blown a head gasket another say a piston and another say water in my fuel. The vehicle did not overheat and when I restarted the engine is missing and still blowing heaps of white smoke. I have just left it where it is until I get it picked up. Please help any suggestions. I have been googling and it seems this is a commen occurrence with these motors a fault in them 😰 I love my car want it back on the road.

threedogs
13th May 2014, 05:32 PM
Hi Annieslost not entirely sure this is in the right section but no harm done.
Could you pop over to the intro and tell us a bit about yourself etc ,just
something the forum asks of us all before asking questions, its a courtesy thing
and you will get a much better response as well

Bloodyaussie
13th May 2014, 05:36 PM
Mate I feel your pain but it helps you if you introduce yourself in the intro section....... Polite and all mate................ and it is forum policy.

Yendor
13th May 2014, 06:42 PM
Sorry to say but it sounds like major engine damage. I would start by getting an engine compression test done.

Oh yeah, don't forget to post an intro and tell us what you love about your Patrol.....LOL

Otherwise people may not wan't to help you. :rolleyes:

mudski
14th May 2014, 01:09 PM
Lol. Looks like this guy joined on the side of the road to get suggestions....

threedogs
14th May 2014, 01:24 PM
Which ever way it sounds expensive, but I think they have realised that now