PDA

View Full Version : forum runner. thoughts..

BigRAWesty
7th May 2014, 08:51 PM
Well we've been smashing it for a while now so what's people's thoughts.

Phone
Opp system
Thoughts

Sony Xperia
Android
It's a good base but a few simple improvements mainly based around the image viewing like the ability to zoom in and flick to next image would be nice.
I have also jumped on the forum runner forum and expressed this issues but no reply...

GO..

Winnie
7th May 2014, 08:57 PM
Yeah other than the image issues you said, it's good. But the image viewing is really crap.

rusty_nail
7th May 2014, 08:59 PM
Well we've been smashing it for a while now so what's people's thoughts.

Phone
Opp system
Thoughts

Sony Xperia
Android
It's a good base but a few simple improvements mainly based around the image viewing like the ability to zoom in and flick to next image would be nice.
I have also jumped on the forum runner forum and expressed this issues but no reply...

GO..

I use motor culture on Google nexus running kit Kat and I have no problems with the forum on my phone

AB
7th May 2014, 09:12 PM
Mc will unfortunately be gone soon gents.

MC have been rolled by tappa and there is no point in them continuing on.

Original tappa members will still be ok though but after the news of mc moving on forum runner has been installed which besides a few bugs here and there it does the job.

Winnie, can you still not scroll photos?

BigRAWesty
7th May 2014, 09:16 PM
Can't zoom or scroll pics ab..

And apart from mc crashing a bit it was good to. Struggled a little uploading pics but was ok..

So, AB, have you had any contact with forum runner's programers

Winnie
7th May 2014, 09:20 PM
Mc will unfortunately be gone soon gents.

MC have been rolled by tappa and there is no point in them continuing on.

Original tappa members will still be ok though but after the news of mc moving on forum runner has been installed which besides a few bugs here and there it does the job.

Winnie, can you still not scroll photos?

Nah still can't on android and ipad. Can't scroll between them or zoom in.

AB
7th May 2014, 09:33 PM
Can't zoom or scroll pics ab..

And apart from mc crashing a bit it was good to. Struggled a little uploading pics but was ok..

So, AB, have you had any contact with forum runner's programers

Are you android too westy?

Seems fine on iPhone but ill do some research tomoz and see if I can find some solutions.

Haven't tried iPad yet though.

Haven't contacted them at all mate.

BigRAWesty
7th May 2014, 09:46 PM
Yea android.
I've had no luck via the forum..

93patrol
7th May 2014, 09:52 PM
Runner on icrapple. No issues and prefer it to tapacrap and mc.

Alitis007
7th May 2014, 09:54 PM
I'm happy with forum runner. Only problems i have ( which arn't really problems) is when you quote or edit it'll bunch up all the writing, when you quote pics the come up as links and you can't embed videos apart from thats its great.

On my iphone 5s

Clunk
7th May 2014, 10:00 PM
Both the apps bloody annoy me but if I specifically want to look at pics, I generally just jump back on the lappy.

BigRAWesty
8th May 2014, 10:57 AM
Well it seems the image viewing issue has been around for some time, years, and owner Zachary has no thought of doing a dam thing about it.

His last post was march directing a bloke on how to open a case to close down forum runner.

After seeing this I'm thinking about getting my money back..

Sorry Andy, maybe FR isn't answer we were looking for.

Np.com app time...

Alitis007
8th May 2014, 04:47 PM
The only trouble i have with pics is when they're hosted on photobucket, some work others don't

AB
8th May 2014, 06:55 PM
Seems like a lot of developers really have no care for android.

Winnie
8th May 2014, 07:01 PM
Seems like a lot of developers really have no care for android.

I've got the exact same issues on my ipad though.

AB
8th May 2014, 07:11 PM
I've got the exact same issues on my ipad though.

I had someone lined up to do a custom app. We agreed on a price (pretty expensive) then I explained the functions we need, price then doubled...lol

It's just not cheap doing a custom app. The amount of work involved and bug fixing would do any developers head in and they know that.

Maxhead
8th May 2014, 07:19 PM
Forum Runner does the job and that's what I;m after. Can't zoom pics but they're big enough for me anyway. Its miles ahead of MC!!

I suppose you can't please everyone with one app, even if we had a NP app there still would be wingers...LOL

Winnie
8th May 2014, 07:20 PM
I had someone lined up to do a custom app. We agreed on a price (pretty expensive) then I explained the functions we need, price then doubled...lol

It's just not cheap doing a custom app. The amount of work involved and bug fixing would do any developers head in and they know that.

Say you sold the app for about 5 bucks? Any chance of making most or all of the money back then? Or no chance.

AB
8th May 2014, 07:37 PM
Yeah you would eventually...lol

It's just the initial outlay I simply don't have that's all.

lucus30
8th May 2014, 07:40 PM

I could write an android one but crapple perhaps I'd have a mate that might as I've got no interest in learning to code for crapples

AB
8th May 2014, 07:42 PM
I could write an android one but crapple perhaps I'd have a mate that might as I've got no interest in learning to code for crapples

Do you know how to write code for android?

Do you know how to write complex php?

Clunk
8th May 2014, 07:42 PM

Wouldnt worry about it Andy, I'm sure we can make do with what's available, they do most of what's required and yes they all have their issues but like I said earlier....... I just jump back on the lappy if needed, I'm sure others can do the same

lucus30
8th May 2014, 07:43 PM
Do you know how to write code for android?

Do you know how to write complex php?

Yeah.

I don't know about complex but I've coded in php a few times. I know java and Perl best though

AB
8th May 2014, 07:44 PM

We need to talk...lol

I have so many sites I'm working on at the moment and could do with external help...paid of course.

AB
8th May 2014, 07:44 PM
Yeah.

I don't know about complex but I've coded in php a few times. I know java and Perl best though

Ok...ill chat to you at the meet up...lol

BigRAWesty
8th May 2014, 09:21 PM
I agree fr is a good app, but when you pay for an app you expect some input from the developer.. After all he has our cash

BigRAWesty
14th February 2015, 03:13 PM
Soooo.
Seems forum runner is dead in the water.
No updates for and new platforms.
People reporting iOS 8 and ios7 issues.
My main one is app crashes on any link I open.

So. I'm sorry to say ab, is it time we resort back to tappa now that the whole point of the venture is null and void.
That venture being the app bring money to the forum??

Clunk
14th February 2015, 03:31 PM
said that ages ago, been not updates for a long time..... I went back to MC ages ago, FR was just giving me the shits even more than MC

MudRunnerTD
14th February 2015, 03:37 PM
MC crashed on my iPhone 6 with IOS8 and I tried uninstalling it and grabbing it back off icloud but it's gone :(

I have just done the update with Tappa but have not tried it. Will give it a crack as its the only way to upload photos for me cause I am dumb!

BigRAWesty
14th February 2015, 03:41 PM
MC crashed on my iPhone 6 with IOS8 and I tried uninstalling it and grabbing it back off icloud but it's gone :( I have just done the update with Tappa but have not tried it. Will give it a crack as its the only way to upload photos for me cause I am dumb!

Yea that is the biggest draw back with the vb app..
That and you can't go back directly to the what's new page. You either backtrack your pages or go around again via home.

Haven't tried Mc again. I might while using the craple..

Tell yea what fr on Apple is a much better setup compared to android version but dam this crashing bs can go shove it

MudRunnerTD
14th February 2015, 03:42 PM
Damn my tapa has lost my account too. MC will let me use the forum but I cannot reply to any posts. Viewing rights only

Clunk
14th February 2015, 03:54 PM
Trying out forum friend again

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forum Fiend v1.2.10.

Clunk
14th February 2015, 03:57 PM
http://www.discussionsnetwork.com/forumfiend/uploads/images/40454.jpg

Uploading multiple picshttp://www.discussionsnetwork.com/forumfiend/uploads/images/40455.jpghttp://www.discussionsnetwork.com/forumfiend/uploads/images/40456.jpg

BigRAWesty
14th February 2015, 03:58 PM
What's this forum friend clunky

oncedisturbed
14th February 2015, 04:00 PM
Forum fiend is an app similar to crapatalk and MC etc. Prefer forum runner personally as crapatalk has become even more crap now.

Clunk
14th February 2015, 04:01 PM
What's this forum friend clunky
Another Tapatalk based one I found last year but was very glitchy, trying it again as they've updated a few times since I used it last

Bloodyaussie
14th February 2015, 04:04 PM
I have been using mc for ages and in the last 8 months have had no issues at all.

BigRAWesty
14th February 2015, 04:07 PM
Another Tapatalk based one I found last year but was very glitchy, trying it again as they've updated a few times since I used it last Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forum Fiend v1.2.10.

Couldn't find it in the app store

Clunk
14th February 2015, 04:08 PM
Another Tapatalk based one I found last year but was very glitchy, trying it again as they've updated a few times since I used it last Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forum Fiend v1.2.10.

Couldn't find it in the app store
You're not looking hard enough

BigRAWesty
14th February 2015, 04:08 PM
Mind you I can't find motor culture either

Clunk
14th February 2015, 04:11 PM
Definitely in the google play store

BigRAWesty
14th February 2015, 04:12 PM
Yea nothing in the apple store