PDA

View Full Version : Catch can install

Beucam
7th May 2014, 01:33 PM
Hi,

Probably loads of posts on Provent catch can installs, so if i am re-igniting a flame, can you please push me onto the correct link.

I have been reading with great interest the NADS installs and MAF cleaning etc, as I have been struggling with loss of power about 1 hour into my journey without towing and on a relatively easy drive. With all the reading, and it really sounds like a dirty MAF issue - pretty sure it has not been cleaned by our Mechanic - might just be ignorance. I now have the MAF cleaner from CRC (as recommended by YNOT some months back), and will be doing it this weekend.
I presume that oil is part of the issue of dirty MAF, and if so then it makes sense to start planning the next step - Oil Catch Can. The questions i have on this what temps run through the oil pipes, just want to ensure i get the correct hose. I mean you could splash out for st/st braided hose, or normal rubber at less than half the price -what should i be concentrating on and what about distance from Turbo - does this make a difference.

My Patrol is 3.0Di diesel, stock standard.
Looking forward to getting stuck in to my truck..............

jack
7th May 2014, 03:41 PM
Hi Beucam,

Check out this link and is you need catch-can contact Mudski, he's a vendor on here and will see you right.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?27128-Installing-a-catch-can&highlight=catch+install

Will be lots of other posts on here re the install, try searching 'catch can install' in the search bar.

threedogs
7th May 2014, 05:24 PM
If using the Provent can some are using flared XA Ford heater hose instead of stepping up hose sizes,
looks neater IMO

Hodge
7th May 2014, 06:32 PM
Yep what TD said, use the falcon hoses, but remember they will perish quicker since they are not rated for oil. Here is a picture of mine. Both hoses cost me $16 from repco and are a perfect fit on both ends. My other setup with hoses and hose size reducers looked very messy so I ripped the can out to fit these hoses.

Here is the before picture with the reducers.

v502
22nd October 2014, 07:57 AM
Great setup thanks for sharing.

jsawrey
3rd November 2017, 12:50 AM
now I understand the catch can a bit better now.

Meson
24th December 2017, 08:25 PM
Perfect, thank you!