PDA

View Full Version : Full airbag suspension to replace coils - GQ

NissanGQ4.2
5th May 2014, 09:52 PM
Does anyone know if anyone has done a full airbag suspension to replace the coils in GQ

And does anyone know who they would go off road, not thinking extreme off road use.

I know it would have to be certified 2 do ( but what doesn't these days )

Thoughts..................

Cheers

Toddie

nissannewby
5th May 2014, 10:00 PM
Yes it's been done. Airbags are great mate infinitely adjustable and offer an awesome ride.

Offroad they will be fine, they are made from pretty resilient material and would need a pretty good spike to damage them.

FNQGU
5th May 2014, 10:11 PM
I'd love to trial them in a vehicle. Have used them extensively in several work trailers for Quads and Boats and I reckon they are as good as it gets. We did get a couple of slow air leaks on one trailer that just wouldn't seem to go away, but otherwise they were fantastic. I often slept on the Quad Trailer in my swag too, and although it was a bit ridiculous, I found it convenient to level the trailer with the airbags at bed time.

NissanGQ4.2
5th May 2014, 10:23 PM
Thanks guys,

nissannewby
5th May 2014, 10:27 PM
Thanks guys,

I can't remember which airbag company is but i believe there is one who offers a kit for the gu and we all know they are basically the same the the GQ with there spring mounts.

NissanGQ4.2
5th May 2014, 10:38 PM
I know Airbag Man in QLD does them, just going through there product catalog now and its listed for GQ/GU :)