PDA

View Full Version : need a patrol td42 for my thesis

zjuul
29th April 2014, 02:44 AM
Hello guys,
Some of you maybe know me already, but for those who don’t, I’m a 20 years old car technologies student at the vives high school in Kortrijk. Next year, in my 3rd and last year I need to do a practical thesis. As I am a very big patrol addict I would really like to do my thesis on a patrol. The idea that I have and want to work on is to put an electronic operated VNT turbo on a TD42 patrol engine. That because the td42 is in Belgium not common engine, they were never imported here (only the rd28). The only problem is to find a 4.2litre diesel here in Belgium…

So now my question for you guys, is there anyone out here out of Europe that know a patrol td42 LWB for sale for a reasonable price? It doesn’t need to be one in good shape, I only need the base of the car and the engine.

I would like to thank you guys for your time and effort, it would really like to do my thesis about this subject, I’m also pretty sure that somewhere out there is the right patrol for me but I still need to find it..

Thanks
Zjuul

zjuul
1st May 2014, 10:35 PM
really nobody who can help me or someone who have an idea?

shakey55
8th May 2014, 04:52 PM
I have one but I am in Australia. Not much good to you.

Good luck with search and thesis

zjuul
9th May 2014, 09:16 PM
thanks shakey, australia is indeed a bit out of my range ;)

anyone?

9th May 2014, 09:48 PM
There are a lot of 4.2 for sale in Romania, but I guess it's too far for you. I've checked for you "mobile.de", with search in entire Europe, but the prices are "up in the sky".

Important question: what is the maximum budget?

zjuul
10th May 2014, 03:45 AM
my budget is arround 1500€ till 2500€ maximum

10th May 2014, 08:58 AM
Well, it's a little bit thin your budget :)
If you buy the car from another country you have to pay a few hundred euros to get the car in Belgium (if the car is in good shape - but I think at 2.000 EUR max it won't be - you can drive it, or you can put it on a platform - even more expensive).
For example, to get a car from Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, etc. to Romania it costs aprox. 500 EUR (accomodation, food, gas, paperwork) and that's the fortunate case that it can drive 2-3.000 km. With a platform it's more expensive.

I think the best solution for you is to buy a cheap car not so far from your location and satisfy with a 2.8l engine;)

zjuul
10th May 2014, 06:00 PM
yes it is indeed a litle bit thin..
the idea was also to work an a 2.8 litre but I'm scared that I will blow heads like crazy if i start to modify with other turbo's...

Clunk
10th May 2014, 11:11 PM
Have you looked in the UK car sales Web sites?

zjuul
15th May 2014, 05:49 AM
yes nothing found yet.. someone that can help me?

2nd June 2014, 10:29 PM
Did you find anything?

zjuul
6th June 2014, 05:21 PM
I go to look at a car in the uk the 17th of june, bit above the budget but looks pretty nice.