PDA

View Full Version : Chipping the ZD30 enigne

Simon
8th February 2011, 03:13 PM
Hello, I have a 2005 GU4 with a ZD30 engine and manual box. I am curious about chipping the motors... have heard some people say its a huge difference and some say didnt notice a change...

Before i spend the mulah though i'd see if anyone here has done it and what do you think of it? Is it worth it?

Before doing it I was thinking it might pay to put in new injectors and timing chain as these will be worn after 300,000km...

szaf
13th February 2011, 11:53 PM
Would like to know more about chipping

whippet
28th February 2011, 09:41 PM
Simon I put dp chip in my patrol niticed a huge difference.

the evil twin
1st March 2011, 12:46 AM
Mines a CRD, hypothetically (as they are not recommended by Nissan and possibly causes warranty issues) if I did happen to have a DP Chip it would make a nice improvement to driveability of the vehicle and the Missus would hate me when I hypothetically remove it for servicing... if you get my drift.

With 300,000 on the clock you would not have that problem

Harry
13th March 2011, 03:11 PM
Since I put one in the truck I've noticed it idles alot better and it also seems to pull harder. The beauty is that you can also install them in about 5 mins. I haven't regretted my purchase.

LRPV
23rd March 2011, 02:18 AM
Hi Harry

Just chasing some info I have a 2001 Gu Wagon with 315000 klms on the clock , In reading your post i take it yours had similar klms , and if so that fiting a DP chip would not be a problem for a motor with thoise klms on it.

Any advice would be great.

Gary