PDA

View Full Version : nissan patrol y61 4" lift kit

seekers282
26th April 2014, 01:09 PM
hello all patrol expert..need some advise on 4" lift..im currently installed adjustable pandhard rod,shock and spring 100mm,extended swaybar link,
the question is..is drop box needed for better comfortable ride?and how bout the 5deg castor plate?is it necessary ? or ill just install the dropbox..ive been doing some reading,that the 5deg caster plate is only for 5" above..thanks for any advise

seekers282
26th April 2014, 01:15 PM
and by the way..my patrol seems unbalance..its like more heavier on the right side..i dont know how to explain it..lol..im not very good on english..when i check the height..left side is off about 1inch and right side is less 1inch..that aint normal is it?or my coil spring must switch viseversa to fix this..

MEGOMONSTER
26th April 2014, 02:43 PM
1" difference is little off, perhaps driver side springs were fitted to passenger side.
I believe driver side are slightly taller.

seekers282
26th April 2014, 03:17 PM
1" difference is little off, perhaps driver side springs were fitted to passenger side.
I believe driver side are slightly taller.

okay..that might be the solution..im gonna check my oem standard spring..which one is taller..thanks mate

jack
26th April 2014, 03:54 PM
and by the way..my patrol seems unbalance..its like more heavier on the right side..i dont know how to explain it..lol..im not very good on english..when i check the height..left side is off about 1inch and right side is less 1inch..that aint normal is it?or my coil spring must switch viseversa to fix this..
Hi,
If you have left hand drive vehicles over there then I would expect the drivers side to be a little higher than the passenger side when empty. This is done to accommodate extra weight of the driver.

MEGOMONSTER
26th April 2014, 04:17 PM
Hi, If you have left hand drive vehicles over there then I would expect the drivers side to be a little higher than the passenger side when empty. This is done to accommodate extra weight of the driver.
And sub tank.

seekers282
26th April 2014, 08:16 PM
and about my 1st question..anyone can answer it? about the drop box issue..if i install the drop box..do i still need to install the 2-3 deg caster correction bush?or just use the standard bush?1

happygu
26th April 2014, 08:20 PM
and about my 1st question..anyone can answer it? about the drop box issue..if i install the drop box..do i still need to install the 2-3 deg caster correction bush?or just use the standard bush?1

No need to use both together....

Use Drop Boxes over Caster Correction Bushes, as you can then keep the Standard Nissan rubber Bushes - much better

Mic

seekers282
26th April 2014, 08:21 PM
Hi,
If you have left hand drive vehicles over there then I would expect the drivers side to be a little higher than the passenger side when empty. This is done to accommodate extra weight of the driver.

well mine is right hand driver vehicle..

seekers282
26th April 2014, 08:23 PM

Use Drop Boxes over Caster Correction Bushes, as you can then keep the Standard Nissan rubber Bushes - much better

Mic

ok thanks happygu ..im gonna have to swap the 2deg bush thats currently installed back to standard bush..

jack
26th April 2014, 09:11 PM
well mine is right hand driver vehicle..

OK go with Megos suggestion then, I wasn't sure if they were left hand drive where you are.

thebrod
26th April 2014, 09:31 PM
excuse my ignorance, and for hijacking your thread - but what is a dropbox???

seekers282
26th April 2014, 09:47 PM

you can google image it type patrol gq/gu drop box mate..

thebrod
26th April 2014, 10:12 PM
lol will do - my first google came up with a whole heap of stuff about the dropbox file sharing site!

seekers282
26th April 2014, 11:17 PM
lol will do - my first google came up with a whole heap of stuff about the dropbox file sharing site!

i wish i could upload the picture here..but it always say "invalid image" must be this ios app..try this link
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2305-Lift-kits/page5

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

seekers282
28th April 2014, 07:08 PM

Mic

how bout for the rear?should i change the upper arm trailing to adjustable type?or i just let it be..

happygu
28th April 2014, 08:51 PM
how bout for the rear?should i change the upper arm trailing to adjustable type?or i just let it be..

Yes, I would change them over to correct the geometry

If you don't, you will find that you will have some driveline vibration from incorrect pinion angles.

MudRunnerTD
28th April 2014, 08:56 PM
Yes drop boxes instead of cater plates. Caster plates are junk.

Yes if your rear diff pinion angle needs adjusting then adjustable upper arms are the go mate for sure.

mudski
28th April 2014, 10:15 PM

In a nutshell. The best thing man has created for a Patrol. Castor correction bushes are junk as other have mentioned.
Edit : Dropbox is also awesome for your smart phone too. Best app I have. Well one of them. :)

seekers282
29th April 2014, 12:00 AM
Yes, I would change them over to correct the geometry

If you don't, you will find that you will have some driveline vibration from incorrect pinion angles.

well..about the vibration..i think its happening already..the gear seems to vibrate at the final gear and dissapper after that..i gonna look for the adjustable upper link..thanks mate

MudRunnerTD
29th April 2014, 06:29 AM
well..about the vibration..i think its happening already..the gear seems to vibrate at the final gear and dissapper after that..i gonna look for the adjustable upper link..thanks mate

it will make a big difference, when i did mine i adjusted them so the pinion angle was perfectly straight! was pretty pleased with myself. lol. well the vibration was quite noticeable, i reajusted them with some angle reinstalled to allow the uni to do something and its much much better.

happygu
29th April 2014, 07:57 AM

There are a few suppliers of these components, but I like the Superior Engineering gear ( not that this is important to anyone - it looks cool too, but you can tell the quality when you look at it )

Disclaimer : I do not work for and have no affiliation with Superior Engineering, except for using their gear ....;)
Mic

MudRunnerTD
29th April 2014, 08:02 AM
There are a few suppliers of these components, but I like the Superior Engineering gear ( not that this is important to anyone - it looks cool too, but you can tell the quality when you look at it )

Disclaimer : I do not work for and have no affiliation with Superior Engineering, except for using their gear ....;)
Mic

I also only use Superior gear. Hi Quality Australian made. Never had a part fail, bend or break.