PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen washer motor's

norm aj
8th February 2011, 02:21 PM
Hi, I own a Nissan Patrol GQ , 1989.

I am having trouble with the above.

Fuses are fine, but I am not getting power to the connection's that fit into the washer motor's connection's.

Is there a relay or whatever that could be causing this problem, or what should I be looking for ?

Regards,

norm aj

Finly Owner
9th February 2011, 12:06 AM
Hi Norm you'll find you'll get a better response by posting an introduction up to get everyone on side first mate. Then they will answer your question and give you the advice you need.

Tim

norm aj
11th February 2011, 05:14 PM
Hi,

Sorry about not introducing myself, Finly Owner.

This is my first time, and I'm not that young and not great with computers.

I have owned my Patrol since new, ( GQ 1989 LWB), and his name is "Neville", (Neville Nissan), and he is fantastic ! (Don't tell the wife, but I think I love him !)

Neville has taken myself and family around Aus. over a year+, doing approx. 50,000 Km, and is approaching his 450,000 mark.

I don't know if I should be saying this here or should it be somewhere else? Please advise.

I refer to my thread of approx. 08/02/'11 concerning the above.

I hope this is sufficient, because I have another question regarding coolant/radiator problems.

Please advise and regards,

norm aj.

YNOT
11th February 2011, 06:02 PM
Welcome to the forum Norm. I did reply to your question the other night but there was a hiccup with the forum and some posts were lost, this was one of them.

The wiper and washer motors are powered up by the the accessory relay then through the fuses for front and rear wipers. If you have power at the fuses then the relay would appear to be OK. Check for power at the washer pump using a test light or voltmeter between the connector terminal (light green wire) and earth. Don't test between the 2 terminals in the connector or you may get a false reading.
The washer pumps are low side driven, they are activated when the wiper relays connects/completes the circuit to ground.

Tony

Bigrig
11th February 2011, 06:05 PM
Hi,

Sorry about not introducing myself, Finly Owner.

This is my first time, and I'm not that young and not great with computers.

I have owned my Patrol since new, ( GQ 1989 LWB), and his name is "Neville", (Neville Nissan), and he is fantastic ! (Don't tell the wife, but I think I love him !)

Neville has taken myself and family around Aus. over a year+, doing approx. 50,000 Km, and is approaching his 450,000 mark.

I don't know if I should be saying this here or should it be somewhere else? Please advise.

I refer to my thread of approx. 08/02/'11 concerning the above.

I hope this is sufficient, because I have another question regarding coolant/radiator problems.

Please advise and regards,

norm aj.

G'day champion. Good intro and don't worry about where you put it - we'll forgive you this once!! LOL!!

Your rig has some miles on it mate, but sounds like it's been a soldier though!!