PDA

View Full Version : loose power

Claude
7th February 2011, 09:35 PM
Can any one tell me why I loose power with my 3ltr turbo. It will take off great and then as if the turbo stops working.If I excelerate and it loosers power I lift foot off excelerator and apply back on and the turbo picks up again. I have looked at the turbo and ther is no play in the sharft and have replaced all the vacume lines and still it will loose power. If anyone has had this problem....please help me as it is starting to make me loose my hair. ha ha. Thanks for reading it.

DX grunt
7th February 2011, 09:42 PM
G'day Claude. Where abouts do you live? We have members everywhere.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your truck, too.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

YNOT
7th February 2011, 09:53 PM
Welcome to the forum Claude, always nice to post an intro before asking questions.

What you are experiencing is limp mode. Limp mode is triggerd when the computer detects a fault, and it reacts by reducing fuel to the cylinders which you feel as power loss.

There are several things that can trigger limp mode, excessive boost, faulty mass air flow sensor etc.
The first thing you need to do is check the fault codes and see if that gives you any clues.

Does your Patrol have any modifications and does it have boost and exhaust temperature gauges fitted?

Tony

Claude
7th February 2011, 10:45 PM
Hi ynot, don't know if you got this allready but having trouble here. My patrol has a safari detronic but tried the old girl with out it and no diference.I then gleaned the air mass sensor and replaced all the vacum lines under and over the intercooler. I did one off those quick code test and got 6 long flashers and 4 quick ones and couldn't make anything out off it.My patrol does'nt have boost gauge or exaust temp gauge fitted, I was going to fit a boost gauge to see what the turbo was doing.

Woof
7th February 2011, 10:53 PM
Hey Claude, as Tony said mate, it's always a good idea to post up an introduction before asking questions, just gets everyone on side to start with.

Claude
7th February 2011, 11:00 PM
Sorry all will do. this is all new to me.

Woof
7th February 2011, 11:24 PM
Sorry all will do. this is all new to me.

No worries Claude, all's good mate