PDA

View Full Version : 2001 3.0 GU with 2006 motor, which clutch kit?

knoles
13th April 2014, 11:58 PM
Hi guys

I've just bought a 2001 patrol that's had a 3.0L motor from a 2006 vehicle fitted. It's got a knackered throw out bearing so I'm trying to find which clutch I'll need as I'll probably replace it at the same time. Most of the clutch kits state they are for pre or post mid 2004.

So my question is what changes around this date? Will a kit for a pre 04 vehicle go straight in or a kit for a post 04 bolt in or will I need a mix? I'll most likely get a complete DMF kit if that changes anything.

Thanks

Chris

Barrbeast
14th April 2014, 11:15 PM
Hi Chris

I've actually done a bit of research into this topic myself of late as my DMF is on it's way out and I've decided to replace with a SMF replacement and HD Clutch.

My understanding of the change between a pre 08/2004 and post 08/2004 motor is just in regard to the brand of DMF used. Pre 08/2004 Nissan used an Exedy DMF and post 08/2004 they used a LUK DMF.

Apart from the brand the only difference I could work between the two is the length of crank bolt used, Exedy DMF (I think) uses 70mm bolts and LUK DMF uses 76mm bolts.

If you're in about that area anyway might be worth checking the condition of the flywheel at the same time?

Cheers

Rob

knoles
15th April 2014, 12:37 AM
Thanks for that Rob

Helps clear a bit up. I will wait and see how it all looks once I get it out. Will post back to hopefully help others out down the track