PDA

View Full Version : 3way fridge ok on angle using 240v

AB
13th April 2014, 04:40 PM
Just trying to set everything up for Easter and hooked up the camper in the carport but it sits on a slight angle.

I understand that you need it level to run the 3 way on gas but is 240v ok on angle???

Just need to get the fridge cold before leaving and can't be bothered disconnecting...

threedogs
13th April 2014, 05:06 PM
I'm thinking you'll be fine with 240v

AB
13th April 2014, 06:58 PM
Cheers 3d, makes sense really as when you have it on 12v when travelling it'll be all over the place.

Winnie
13th April 2014, 07:04 PM
It's fine to do it but they don't work well at all when on an angle.

FNQGU
13th April 2014, 07:05 PM
Might just take a bit longer too.

AB
13th April 2014, 07:08 PM
Thanks gents, might turn it on tomorrow then for Thursday departure.

It's only a 3 hour drive but its good to throw drinks in, run it on 240v, drive 3 hours, put it on gas and its still nice and cold rather then starting from scratch on gas.

Haven't been camping in months, can't wait!!!

Cuppa
18th April 2014, 12:56 AM
Probably too late but just for info .......... it makes no difference whether on gas or 240v. It’s the type of fridge it is (absorption type) not it’s source of ‘power’. They do not handle being off level too well. How tolerant depends upon it’s age, older ones needed to be within 3 degrees of level, newer ones (say 10 years or younger) can handle up to 6 degrees off level. Generally when driving there is constant movement, so it’s not a problem like when parked up.

sil3nt_dr3ams
18th April 2014, 03:34 AM
Probably too late but just for info .......... it makes no difference whether on gas or 240v. It’s the type of fridge it is (absorption type) not it’s source of ‘power’. They do not handle being off level too well. How tolerant depends upon it’s age, older ones needed to be within 3 degrees of level, newer ones (say 10 years or younger) can handle up to 6 degrees off level. Generally when driving there is constant movement, so it’s not a problem like when parked up.

Cuppa I love stumbling on your posts, your knowledge is incredible and i cant get enough of it.