PDA

View Full Version : Crab Juice and Upholstery.

GQ10
28th June 2010, 04:01 PM
Just a word of warning to all of you, crab juice + upholstery = Disaster!!!

A few weeks ago an employee of the company I work for spilt crab juice in the company car.

This smell is unbearable. I have smelt some pretty rank stuff in my time but crab juice is by far the worst smell.

Apparently it was left on the back seat for the weekend and leaked out deep into the seat.

The car is not bearable to sit in and drive. I just got it professionally steam cleaned and detailed but the smell is oh so strong.

Any ideas on how to get rid of this dead seafood smell.

I might have to throw the back seat out, It's that full on of a smell...lol

What the hell is crab juice anyway, who buys crab juice????

patch697
28th June 2010, 04:31 PM
Lol.... Buggered If I know??? I didn't even know it existed. Are you sure thats what it is & Theirs not some other funky s**t going on here????

Who the hell would invent such a thing....... What a bloody Tool....

I am sorry to read about your dilemma I would be furious if it were me & I don't think you have any other choice but to hit the Boss up for a new back seat & maybe the Goose who spilled his so called drink can work it off.

Cheers
Paul

Maxhead
28th June 2010, 06:26 PM
I think you might have change the rear seat, or sell the truck.. no other way around it. I had seafood leak onto a front seat years ago and that was the only way to rid the smell.
Makes me sick just thinking about it.....good luck

GQ10
28th June 2010, 07:32 PM
I'd be trying to remove it with the blokes face!! He spilt it, he can lick it up.

I like this option the best....Oh that would be sweet.

Nah, Mines a woosy Toyota Camry and his is a girly girl Yaris...haha

As you guys mention, change the seat and he can pay for it.

I cant explain the smell.

Think of pouring a big M, mixed with prawns and cocktail sauce rubbed deep into foam...... leave it to fumegate for 6 months in the 50 degree heat and presto. Crab juice at its best.

patch697
28th June 2010, 07:33 PM
Hay I just had a though..... If this thing had been leaking all w/end how much of it leaked past the seat onto the floor under the seat & thats why the detailers didn't get the smell out cos its still there. Its fair to say that its a better than good chance they didn't remove the seat when it was cleaned.

Just a thought

Cheers
Paul

GQ10
28th June 2010, 07:35 PM
Good point, I'll take the seat out regardless and see how deep it goes...Man this is gonna be fun!!!

DX grunt
28th June 2010, 07:38 PM
Best it be fixed before summer! Hot, closed up cars and crab juice aren't good friends!

patch697
28th June 2010, 07:41 PM
Good point, I'll take the seat out regardless and see how deep it goes...Man this is gonna be fun!!!

I'd say I'll come & help you but sorry ......... No chance......

AB
28th June 2010, 08:54 PM
thats great, love it, I remember spilling a big m in my mates kingswood when i was 18 and that smell stayed in there for years!

Woods
28th June 2010, 09:18 PM
I can help here, I used to be a detailer a few years back and any liquid that has sunk deep into the foam inside the seats pretty much is a goner.

As DXGrunt mentioned get it fixed before summertime as it will start to sweat and stink even worse then it is now. Can't say I have ever cleaned out crab juice but from the stories here I'm glad I didn't...hehe Unfortunately your going to have to replace the entire padding which being a Camry you would be better of just replacing the rear seat entirely if it is that bad.

patch697
28th June 2010, 09:18 PM
thats great, love it, I remember spilling a big m in my mates kingswood when i was 18 and that smell stayed in there for years!

Lol & here I was thinking thay come std with that smell.....

DX grunt
28th June 2010, 11:05 PM
Another thought..... get the boss to cut his losses and buy a new seat. There's still 2 days left for the end of the financial year and he can claim it back on this year's tax.

patch697
30th June 2010, 02:03 PM
So how did you get on over the w/end GQ10? were you able to fix the problem?

Cheers
Paul

GQ10
30th June 2010, 02:37 PM
Funny story, I mentioned it to the boss and he replied "just get one of those smelly christmas trees, you'll be right princess".

I then laughed and dragged him down to the car, he poked his head in and we now have a new back seat on It's way as we speak....lol

It didn't leak under the seat either which is good so cross fingers, new seat should fix it.

patch697
30th June 2010, 03:07 PM
Funny story, I mentioned it to the boss and he replied "just get one of those smelly christmas trees, you'll be right princess".

I then laughed and dragged him down to the car, he poked his head in and we now have a new back seat on It's way as we speak....lol

It didn't leak under the seat either which is good so cross fingers, new seat should fix it.

Lol........ Glad to here it mate. Your boss sound like one funny Bloke? Glad to see he come to his senses once he got a whiff..... For your sake anyway.....lol

Good luck with it all.

Cheers
Paul