PDA

View Full Version : Nightcap 4x4 Nature Park

Biscuits
10th April 2014, 07:19 PM
With all of the threats of parks being closed down (Emu Creek, Cruiser park) it is refreshing to hear of old parks reopening (Rover :) ) and whats even better is that there are new parks opening also!!! Nightcap 4x4 Nature park is a picturesque (I think that's a word) park that caters to small groups. get enough cars and they will even shut the park specially for you :)

The manager is a great bloke, and will share more than a beer with you, and I believe he will even give you a tour of the joint if you ask

Looking forward to getting out there,
For the facebookers
https://www.facebook.com/Nightcap4x4

This is a link to some random guys vids of the park, as always, the vids dont do it justice. It is going to be epic/suicidal in the wet.
https://www.youtube.com/user/rattam1/videos

NissanGQ4.2
10th April 2014, 07:55 PM
Shame someone doesn't open up a park closer 2 Sydney / Blue Mountains, I reckon they would make a killing with people lining up 2 get in

catchinjack
11th April 2014, 08:05 AM
I quite like Bylong Creek 4x4 Park, really nice camping there with drop loos and tank water up top camp and a nice creek. You can head back into Bylong and use council showers near servo. I think he was going to put showers on the property. Bruce will also happily show you around the property, always open to track ideas and will even kick back for a night cap with you if he's around. Been there a few times now and keep wanting to go back.

Biscuits
28th May 2014, 09:38 PM
Spent the weekend out here weekend just gone, and what a great place to be!!! a lot of the tracks are pretty easy (didnt get out of 2wd for the majority of the time), but the tracks are starting to mature... give it some more traffic/weather and this place will rival the best of them. Hoping for a few vids shortly, but if you are in the area, stop out there and have a play!!!

rusty_nail
30th May 2014, 08:37 AM
Shame someone doesn't open up a park closer 2 Sydney / Blue Mountains, I reckon they would make a killing with people lining up 2 get in

might even give you an excuse to get your troll registered hey toddie?

Moozle2000
5th December 2014, 06:20 PM
Keen to have a look at this park. Nightcap NP is around our area (Lismore) but didnt know there was a 4x4 park?

Biscuits
5th December 2014, 06:46 PM
Its not a fourby park like Cruiser/emu/etc but there are some great trails, and a few awesome playgrounds. I am waiting for the rains to hit, so I can get of 2wd :) WIth that said, It is my home away from home, and the camp grounds are pretty good

Moozle2000
5th December 2014, 06:49 PM
Awesome! Keen to check it out, its about a hour from Lismore isnt it? I'll have to get on google eart, I havent been up to Nightcap for ages, I used to Mountain bike there I'm pretty sure.

Biscuits
5th December 2014, 06:53 PM
Nightcap is in the mebbin state forest... The Mebbin MTB is in the Nightcap national park... confusing, I know :)

We will be out there for New Years if you are keen on heading up for a bevvy or 17

Moozle2000
5th December 2014, 07:05 PM
ohhh! that is confusing! haha, I grew up here but didnt take much notice of places we visited or how to get there as a kid and now I've moved back to the area and really wish I took more notice! I'd love to find some of the places we used to visit! but cant remember how to get there! haha.
Sounds awesome! I'll see what shifts we are working New years,

AgehealaTap
27th October 2017, 05:54 AM
Sounds really good mate, have been thinking about going down that way myself when i get the truck sorted out. Did you get any pictures?