PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed

pinoy2its
28th June 2010, 03:47 PM
Hello All ,
Just wondering if some one can shed a bit of light to a small issue i have with my GUV patrol its a 2006 4.2 TD ST-L . i'm having a problem with the right hand side cigarete lighter on the front of the car , the left one is working well with no issues but the rigt one does not , i have checked all the fuses inside the cabin and in the engine bay and they are all okay . i pulled the conection at the back of the cigarete lighter and tested it using a light tester no response .Can some body please tell me if there is another fuse for this cigarete lighter ? this was never use to light a cigarete but used only for powering GPS and MP3 players . Please help as i want both cigarete lighter to work

Thanks

Simmo
28th June 2010, 07:15 PM
First try to change the fuse just to be sure. Ive been caught out on thinking the fuse was ok but there was a small crack hardly noticable.

Quickly just try that first and get back to us.

There should be only one fuse unless someone else knows of another?

patch697
28th June 2010, 11:52 PM
First try to change the fuse just to be sure. Ive been caught out on thinking the fuse was ok but there was a small crack hardly noticable.

Quickly just try that first and get back to us.

There should be only one fuse unless someone else knows of another?

X2 Good advice........ Also when using a test light once you ground it (connect to the body of your vehicle) check its working in something you know has power before commencing with your test.

Cheers
Paul

Skroony
1st July 2010, 08:48 PM
Perhaps the wire on the back has come off?

This happened to my ciggy lighter and took me ages to figure it out.

The wire connecting to the coil heater for the lighter didnt come off but was loose so check that like Plasnart mentioned.