PDA

View Full Version : Katrol's driving lights

katwoman
6th February 2011, 07:19 PM
Probaly stupid question, but where's the bloody fuse for the driving lights? Have lights in the nudge bar that were already there, added two more but kinda overpowered the whole system. Blew a fuse, now cant find it. What size relay should I be using for two sets of lights? And should I wire them seperatly? They are wired to high beam and have their own switch as well.
I just need to see the light !

molongmick
6th February 2011, 07:36 PM
If installed properly there should be a fuse near the battery. When I have installed a second set I always put in a separate relay.

big_fletch
6th February 2011, 07:47 PM
Separate fuse and relay is the right way to do it, most relays are rated for about 30-40amps, even so running that amount of power through them all the time will cause them to fail quicker as they will get extremely hot..
Also having them separate means if something happens to 1 set, the other set of lights will still work

Fletcha

Finly Owner
6th February 2011, 10:45 PM
Agreed with above

BillsGU
6th February 2011, 11:15 PM
Its always difficult to work on someone else's electrical work. All you can do is follow the wires from the lights and hopefully to a relay. The switch side of the relay should go to the high beam via a switch and the "hot" side of the relay should go to the battery. This line "should" have a fuse in it. It could be a round in line type (usually close to the battery) or it could be a blade type holder which is sometimes fixed to a bracket or the vertical surface of the mudguard.