PDA

View Full Version : Traxs

threedogs
3rd April 2014, 02:36 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4WD-RECOVERY-TRACKS-for-Sand-Snow-Camping-4X4-Tyre-Ladder-Accessories-Gear-/171197309281?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item27dc27a161

Seems like the cheapest price going around

growler2058
3rd April 2014, 02:52 PM
I wonder if they break like max trax. Gotta get me something like that at some stage

threedogs
3rd April 2014, 03:16 PM
yeah I'm thinking they don't give a shite on the compound used.
Max traxs used to melt didn't they, or burn?

oncedisturbed
3rd April 2014, 03:16 PM
I picked up a set of SCA Ridge Ryder trax 1100mm for $120 recently but havent seen them since.

Havent tried them out yet

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

threedogs
3rd April 2014, 04:37 PM
That's why you buy recovery stuff so you don't use it,lol
but nice to have it on hand when things go pearshaped

04OFF
3rd April 2014, 09:45 PM
That's why you buy recovery stuff so you don't use it,lol
but nice to have it on hand when things go pearshaped

X2 , I once thought I had heaps of recovery gear, then yes, it went pear shaped, i used every single thing I had, and could have still used more (lol)

I must admit, i don't bother taking my Maxtrax anywhere anymore, too bulky to carry, and only ever seem to use them on other peoples cars :p

MEGOMONSTER
4th April 2014, 01:11 PM
I don't bother taking my Maxtrax anywhere anymore, and only ever seem to use them on other peoples cars :p So you don't like being a recovery vehicle. Lol

Or because your never the first ones through.

gaddy
4th April 2014, 01:41 PM
I must admit, i don't bother taking my Maxtrax anywhere anymore, too bulky to carry, and only ever seem to use them on other peoples cars :p[/QUOTE]

One of my dads old army mates (no tolerance for fools ) carries 2 snatch straps , if he has to help someone that does not have their own , and thinks they are dickheads he sells them his spare , and then helps them to get out using their new purchase !

04OFF
4th April 2014, 01:46 PM
So you don't like being a recovery vehicle. Lol

Or because your never the first ones through.

Always happy to help recover most people, most just dont get the idea of NOT spinning wheels on maxtrax (no matter how much you explain), i pretty much prefer to use the winch to pull people over a snatch nowadays , much safer IMO, just takes longer.

I bought my Maxtrax as i do a hell of a lot of sand driving, and most of the time its pretty just us by ourselves (no other cars), i guess bottom line is, i don't get stuck, so just got sick of taking them all the time. (in fact im thinking im going to sell them)

I take all my other recover gear ,inc a shovel , every time i go anywhere, so its not like im unprepared at all.

MEGOMONSTER
4th April 2014, 05:21 PM
Always happy to help recover most people, most just dont get the idea of NOT spinning wheels on maxtrax (no matter how much you explain), i pretty much prefer to use the winch to pull people over a snatch nowadays , much safer IMO, just takes longer. I bought my Maxtrax as i do a hell of a lot of sand driving, and most of the time its pretty just us by ourselves (no other cars), i guess bottom line is, i don't get stuck, so just got sick of taking them all the time. (in fact im thinking im going to sell them) I take all my other recover gear ,inc a shovel , every time i go anywhere, so its not like im unprepared at all.

I'd love to try sand driving, reckon it would be fun.

04OFF
4th April 2014, 07:02 PM
I'd love to try sand driving, reckon it would be fun.

Is there no beaches you can drive on down your way ?

To be honest thinking about it, sand driving itself is not overly exciting, but its more about the journey and the places you can get to that I love !

TPC
4th April 2014, 07:20 PM
Is there no beaches you can drive on down your way ?

To be honest thinking about it, sand driving itself is not overly exciting, but its more about the journey and the places you can get to that I love !

Sand driving can be exciting if you have hills. Sorry about the Toyota badge, was my old car.

04OFF
4th April 2014, 08:06 PM
Haha , sweet............... up in QLD we would call that "dirt" (bloody great pic BTW), now, this is sand...............

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Favs/light5.jpg

TPC
4th April 2014, 08:13 PM
Haha , sweet............... up in QLD we would call that "dirt" (bloody great pic BTW), now, this is sand...............

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/Favs/light5.jpg

Are you allowed to drive up the dunes?

gaddy
4th April 2014, 08:29 PM
Nope no dune driving , reckon I got a photo just like 04OFF heading to the light house at sandy cape fraser ?

TPC
4th April 2014, 09:04 PM
Nope no dune driving , reckon I got a photo just like 04OFF heading to the light house at sandy cape fraser ?

We are lucky in SA that we can play on sand-dunes.

MEGOMONSTER
4th April 2014, 11:21 PM
This is the type of fun in the sand I was talking about.
Not just a beach run.
http://youtu.be/IQrMxowkp34

TPC
5th April 2014, 12:43 AM
This is the type of fun in the sand I was talking about.
Not just a beach run.
http://youtu.be/IQrMxowkp34
You wont get that in Australia, closest I have seen is Fowlers Bay west cost SA.