PDA

View Full Version : Time for the old girl to find a new home. Help please with an asking price

trublubiker
2nd April 2014, 02:20 PM
1987 MK Nissan Patrol SD33T LWB Wagon with 347K on the clock. Registered till June 2014.

It was my daily drive till I bought a new Triton at Xmas time. I've been taking it for a run every three weeks or so to keep everything moving however when I went to start it last week, no joy. I've covered the problem in another thread.

Mechanically, other than not wanting to start at present and blowing some smoke, it got me from A to B without any problems.

Body-wise it's very straight with just the odd rust spot and a few minor blemishes.

The interior is showing it's age but is not too shabby. The drivers seat has a hole in it where the owner before me's wallet rested. ;)

It's sitting on 8x15 Sunraysia style rims with Kumho Road Venture 31 x 10.50 R15 LT 109s tyres, fronts about 70% and rears about 80%.

I'm getting too bloody old and decrepit to crawl under it so I had to buy something more modern. Yep, that's the rear end of my new Triton in shot $3.

I've attached some pics as a guide to it's appearance.

Your thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

trublubiker
3rd April 2014, 07:46 PM
Nobody???

Oh well, off to fleabay .

growler2058
3rd April 2014, 08:47 PM
Ive never looked at MK's but you would think somewhere between 4-6k for a good one???

taslucas
3rd April 2014, 10:01 PM
Depends where you are a bit too.
Jump on Gumtree, eBay, carsales etc and see if you can figure out what something similar is selling for on your area

james008
4th April 2014, 08:52 PM
87 model and reasonably low kays are in your favour, standard trim instead of deluxe may work against you though (Well, I look at trim level, don't know if many people do...)

If it's all reasonably tidy and running well you should be able to get around $4k for it. Pity its not a neat SWB, they're worth more. I'd try and get it running before you sell it, it'll be worth more, whenever I see a car advertised as not running I always assume it will need big work and take that into account with the price, obviously this isn't always the case... But I've been burned before.