PDA

View Full Version : A good catch on the weekend

apalsson
1st April 2014, 03:44 PM
We went to the Gold Coast 4WD show on the weekend and what a bummer for the organizers and the retailers.
Hip deep flood water through most of the area on the Friday, drowning campertrailers, caravans and Millions of Dollars worth of stock.
When we got there on the Saturday morning, things had dried up for the most part - still quite muddy and smelly but manageable.

Anyhow, one of the shops there was selling Ironman recovery kits. They were flogging them for $200 because they had gotten wet.
I picked up one with all the usual goodies (their large kit) and was pretty chuffed with that!
All my old recovery gear was either gotten rid off 12 years ago when I sold my old Patrol or gone missing in several house moves since then so this came in very handy.

growler2058
1st April 2014, 03:45 PM
Gotta love a bargain mate well done

threedogs
1st April 2014, 04:00 PM
Always good to refresh your recovery gear now and again,
sounds like a bargain that's for sure, good pick up

apalsson
1st April 2014, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't have been comfortable with snatching someone with my old strap!
Regardless, this is new. The biggest issue with it was it was wet. An hour out in the sun and everything was clean and nice like new!

MEGOMONSTER
1st April 2014, 04:18 PM
Good stuff, I wonder how many more flood damaged bargains could have been found.

apalsson
1st April 2014, 04:29 PM
Probably quite a few. Obviously all electrical equipment had to be sent off site for insurance. I heard MDC and other campertrailer vendors were flogging drowned trailers for cheap.