PDA

View Full Version : Coolbox

Pootrol
28th June 2010, 03:35 PM
G'day all,

I am oying with the idea of installing a coolbox into the GU and I was just wondering if Nissan actually made something to sit in the centre console. I know that you can get them in Landcruisers and Prados, so I am hoping that there is something for the GU. Maybe in the Ti variant???

I have had a bit of a look around but can't find a definate answer.

Adam

Mark
28th June 2010, 03:55 PM
I have never seen one. The Safari's overseas had them I think?

This is going to sound a bit out there but I have been thinking about a DIY one for a while.

The Prado Grande seems to cool drinks quite well. From what I can see it only runs on the A/C with a dedicated pipe running into the insulated coolbox.

I know It's out there as far as ideas go but what would be stopping you putting in a coolbox matching the interior with an inlet running from the A/C under the dash.

When the coolbox gets turned on you simply block the head air vents.

You have to still block ther head vents in the Prado too if I recall.

I know it sounds crazy but it could work.

MudRunnerTD
29th June 2010, 12:00 AM
The Nissan Xtrail runs the same thing off the aircon. couldn't be that hard but you can get an 8lt waeco for under $100 and that will go behind the drivers seat no dramas at all.

patch697
29th June 2010, 09:45 AM
The Nissan Xtrail runs the same thing off the aircon. couldn't be that hard but you can get an 8lt waeco for under $100 and that will go behind the drivers seat no dramas at all.

I will check that Waeco out myself as I've been looking to do something similar but I only want something to sit in behind the front passenger where I sit my six tinny eski at the moment.

Cheers
Paul

Skroony
1st July 2010, 08:45 PM
I have never seen one. The Safari's overseas had them I think?

This is going to sound a bit out there but I have been thinking about a DIY one for a while.

The Prado Grande seems to cool drinks quite well. From what I can see it only runs on the A/C with a dedicated pipe running into the insulated coolbox.

I know It's out there as far as ideas go but what would be stopping you putting in a coolbox matching the interior with an inlet running from the A/C under the dash.

When the coolbox gets turned on you simply block the head air vents.

You have to still block ther head vents in the Prado too if I recall.

I know it sounds crazy but it could work.

I did something similar when I was a kid and mounted a 4 can mini esky to the dash in my Corolla.

Believe it or not It worked a treat.

Beers were icey cold except the fact you had an unsightly esky sitting infront of you.

I reckon it would perfectly to just insulate the centre console and rung the aircon to it out of the way.