PDA

View Full Version : boost on sd33t

Ferret
30th March 2014, 09:34 PM
gday everyone .. just after some feed back on pushing more boost thru the old turbo she is stock and currently running 7psi I was thinking if I could up the boost to 14 psi would this perform better and whats the downsides and stuff im not running a cooler currently has a 2.5inch straight exhaust .. nothing majorr done.. problem 2 I have his when I come to complete stop and I go to take off its got no go at all until it makes boost like lags real bad sometimes only its pretty anoying .. thanks guys hope this was enough iformation you to assist me thru ..

james008
4th April 2014, 09:47 PM
Don't go over 11psi without a cooler, the EGT's will get too high, and it goes without saying that you'll want an EGT and boost gauge before you do anything. And at 11psi you won't need to stuff around with fuel settings unless you want to. (Not recommended unless you have a cooler)
Plug the spot where the relief valve goes with a brass fitting, as the relief valve will open at 7-8psi.

They normally don't go great off boost, not a lot of power but it should still make good torque before it boosts up. Have any fuel settings been adjusted?