PDA

View Full Version : Shelve/Drawers 7 Seater

DIL380
30th March 2014, 08:06 PM
G'Day guys, has anyone made their own drawers/shelve for a GU, keeping the 3rd row seats in?

MudRunnerTD
30th March 2014, 08:48 PM
Ghee there would not be much room for that I don't think. To be honest the 3rd row was the first thing I took out of mine, can't remember how much space there was behind and or underneath the seats.

happygu
30th March 2014, 09:09 PM
There isnt much room out back, and it would be difficult finding enough mounting points too....

Mic

P4trol
31st March 2014, 12:13 AM
I'm building a set myself at the moment. Imagine a wedge shaped box that allows the back seats to recline slightly. It goes most of the way across the back, except for the spot for the water cooler.

Of course as far as I've got is the basic shape. It's made of 12mm board. The plan is to build in shelves to suit the stuff we want to put in it. In my case it is our kitchen stuff.

For inspiration, check out some drawer, kitchen, camper van builds. Websites like drifta. Find an idea here or there, and apply or adapt it to your situation.

DIL380
31st March 2014, 09:10 PM
I'm building a set myself at the moment. Imagine a wedge shaped box that allows the back seats to recline slightly. It goes most of the way across the back, except for the spot for the water cooler.

Of course as far as I've got is the basic shape. It's made of 12mm board. The plan is to build in shelves to suit the stuff we want to put in it. In my case it is our kitchen stuff.

For inspiration, check out some drawer, kitchen, camper van builds. Websites like drifta. Find an idea here or there, and apply or adapt it to your situation.

That was my plan mate. I'm pretty much only making a parcel tray with storage space for other things underneath. It's the suburban sled more than anything else & I'm getting tired of just piling crap in the back on top of the pram etc

aj_vmax
29th April 2014, 11:20 AM
Would love some picks when complete I am in same mind as u

P4trol
11th June 2014, 08:45 PM
Ok, this has been ready for 10 days or so. Road testing atm. Maybe better pics when I return and start cleaning. Other half loves it.

Speed kills:

Drive a 2.8 and live longer!

DIL380
11th July 2014, 09:34 AM
Ok....change of plans....third row seats are now gone & i'm just going to get a normal drawer set up. The in laws will have to walk

Clunk
11th July 2014, 04:05 PM
Ok....change of plans....third row seats are now gone & i'm just going to get a normal drawer set up. The in laws will have to walk
stick the 3rd row seats up on the roof rack ,ate, they can travel up there lol

threedogs
11th July 2014, 04:15 PM
stick the 3rd row seats up on the roof rack ,ate, they can travel up there lol

Just like Granny Clampett or Grandma from National Lampoon Vacation lol

P4trol
11th July 2014, 06:16 PM
Thought it would be a bit mean to make the inlaws travel in the third row anyway.