PDA

View Full Version : NP Tasmanian meet up Sept 2015 possibility ??

Bloodyaussie
30th March 2014, 08:14 AM
Some of us have been discussing a meet up in Tasmania in late 2015 and thought I would put it out there for a matter of interest.

I was thinking maybe the usual 3 day meet up mixed with some touring time??

Eg: after the meet up people can either take a tour on there own with there family or as a group with others that also want to tour?

Pricing is varied and can be confusing for the Spirit of Tas...

I know a few are already very keen for this to happen and I myself have always wanted to go to Tasmania!!!!!!

Thoughts.......

Sir Roofy
30th March 2014, 08:20 AM
Ask again in 2015 to far away think about loveday and the simmo trip as to what happens

Bloodyaussie
30th March 2014, 08:25 AM
I am not going on either of those trips..........

I have not even discussed this with Mags yet???

Maxhead
30th March 2014, 08:40 AM
I could even dust my passport off for this possibly

MudRunnerTD
30th March 2014, 09:17 AM
I'd be very keen to head down the West Coast 4wd touring. There is some of the most amazing tracks and sights down there. Some tough stu ff too.

Winnie
30th March 2014, 09:20 AM
This is a trip me and a mate have wanted to do for a while... Don't wanna think about it until after the simmo though.

Alitis007
30th March 2014, 10:35 AM
I wonder if you can hire a patrol at the airport?? Wouldn't mind tagging along....

rusty_nail
30th March 2014, 10:40 AM
I wonder if you can hire a patrol at the airport?? Wouldn't mind tagging along....

Yes you can hire patrols for about 130$ a day... I saw it through budget

rusty_nail
30th March 2014, 10:40 AM
This is a trip me and a mate have wanted to do for a while... Don't wanna think about it until after the simmo though.

Don't lie you don't have friends Winnie =P

rusty_nail
30th March 2014, 10:42 AM
Mate I'm so down for this trip count me in for sure. I know you mentioned you don't fully wanna take it seriously took after simmo but can we form a rough flexible plan of attack for it hey some idea? Lucas your input here your input here would be awesome

MudRunnerTD
30th March 2014, 10:43 AM

Put it on unaccompanied. Or one of us can drive it on and off mate. Fly in.

Alitis007
30th March 2014, 10:55 AM

Sweet as!! I'll look into it!

Put it on unaccompanied. Or one of us can drive it on and off mate. Fly in.

I just thought i can fly in on a sat after work, hire a trol to thrash on a couple of tracks, fly out sunday night lol. It'll be easier mate and i wouldn't have to put a burden on anyone drive my car and picking me up from an airport plus i hate waiting LOL!!

SonOf
31st March 2014, 12:36 PM

Might want to read the fine print though - noted when I did rent cars here before I moved that the excess is massive once a vehicle is taken onto "dirt" roads and in some cases not covered at all. This clause is pretty stupid considering there are a huge number of dirt roads down here and I do not mean off road stuff either!

taslucas
31st March 2014, 01:23 PM
Yeah I don't reckon it'd be worth hiring a patrol though george. They only have stock ones. It'd be better just jumping in with someone else

taslucas
31st March 2014, 01:25 PM
As for everyone else, I'll start doing a bit of research....

Bob
31st March 2014, 01:27 PM
As for everyone else, I'll start doing a bit of research....

Could be cheaper to Hire a Fleet of Dirt Bikes Lucas. LMAO

Post made with Tongue in Cheek LOL

Bloodyaussie
31st March 2014, 03:12 PM
Very difficult to get a straight answer in some cases as to the total price on the ferry.. I know if you opt for the cheapest of cheap you will have the night from hell!!!

BigRAWesty
31st March 2014, 07:27 PM
Yea as I said before we were keen to see it in 2015..
Late in the year though.
We have Beachport at the start of the year..

taslucas
31st March 2014, 08:01 PM
Could be cheaper to Hire a Fleet of Dirt Bikes Lucas. LMAO

Post made with Tongue in Cheek LOL

You couldn't keep up! Hahaha

taslucas
31st March 2014, 08:04 PM
Very difficult to get a straight answer in some cases as to the total price on the ferry.. I know if you opt for the cheapest of cheap you will have the night from hell!!!

Yeah "off peak" (winter) season is cheapest for everything. They have 4 berth cabins on the boat that ya's could share.
I'd recommend late winter for the best experience;-). August/September perhaps.

Avo
31st March 2014, 08:06 PM
You couldn't keep up! Hahaha

You'll be back off ya trainer wheels by then hey....

taslucas
31st March 2014, 08:16 PM
You'll be back off ya trainer wheels by then hey....

Wouldn't matter if I wasn't! Lol

pearcey
31st March 2014, 08:25 PM
Guys the boat prices are cheaper in the offseason. The trip is only over night and not too bad if you get good weather.
We found that prices were not advertised more than 9months in advance. Meals on board were not that cheap but then you can take your own if you like. We traveled container class and found it OK. Going over for a week it is expensive but of us we spent 3 months there and reckoned it was cheap as we took vans as well.
Accommodation should be cheap as Lucas has a BIG back yard and should be able to fit everybody in.
I would be interested in going but would have to make a decision a lot closer to a set date .

Alitis007
31st March 2014, 09:36 PM
Yeah I don't reckon it'd be worth hiring a patrol though george. They only have stock ones. It'd be better just jumping in with someone else

And whats mine a hot rod?? Lol i'm not a good passenger and if i come i want to drive! Might start looking for a 500$ gq or some other paddock bomb i can belt around. I'll look at the hire cars T's & C's and worst comes to worst i'll have to wash it before i return it :D

taslucas
31st March 2014, 09:37 PM
I'd be taking everyone up to the farm pearcy, 30 acre corner that's free:-)

taslucas
1st April 2014, 08:28 AM
And whats mine a hot rod?? Lol i'm not a good passenger and if i come i want to drive! Might start looking for a 500$ gq or some other paddock bomb i can belt around. I'll look at the hire cars T's & C's and worst comes to worst i'll have to wash it before i return it :D

I'll keep an eye out for one!

And if you end up in my trol you'll sit down and shut up!!

pearcey
1st April 2014, 08:34 AM
Lucas mate it`s good to hear your pretty well back to your normal self and recovery is going OK.
Just a point with the boat , they wont alow you to put a dirty truck on board and quarantine is very strict going to TAS

GU CAMPER
1st April 2014, 08:43 AM
If be keen on a tassie meet

West coast would be the go
Lucas has a nice backyard to play in

Cheers for the note on not letting dirty trucks on ferry Pearcey. Means I will have to wash my truck before I leave. Damn it

taslucas
1st April 2014, 08:53 AM
If be keen on a tassie meet

West coast would be the go
Lucas has a nice backyard to play in

Cheers for the note on not letting dirty trucks on ferry Pearcey. Means I will have to wash my truck before I leave. Damn it

I reckon you're probably ok leaving tas. You're allowed to take anything out because the mainland is already trashed;-)

pearcey
1st April 2014, 08:54 AM
You still down there GU?
You`ll be classed as a boat person when you try to get back LOL.
Quarantine is not as tough coming back but they do like a clean truck.

taslucas
1st April 2014, 08:54 AM
This is the cheapest on Gumtree at the moment george!

SonOf
1st April 2014, 09:12 AM
I would definitely come up that way - need to start using my troll more off road and seeing some of the areas around the place.

Alitis007
1st April 2014, 01:32 PM
And if you end up in my trol i'll sit down and shut up and learn how to drive!! Cheers mate ^^ :)
This is the cheapest on Gumtree at the moment george! Look for anything upto $1000 lol i'll get it for a couple of hunge no dramas lol

taslucas
1st April 2014, 02:08 PM
Look for anything upto $1000 lol i'll get it for a couple of hung no dramas lol

You're not that hung......

Alitis007
1st April 2014, 02:23 PM
You're not that hung...... How could you see it was tucked into my sock........

Bloodyaussie
1st April 2014, 03:10 PM
I am thinking I will drive down there for the meet then get my family to fly down a few days later and we will then go on a tour of Tas for 5 days?

Still have not mentioned anything to the one who holds my nuts in her purse...

Winnie
1st April 2014, 03:46 PM
Do you want me to ask her so then you don't get in trouble for bringing it up?

taslucas
1st April 2014, 03:55 PM
Do you want me to ask her so then you don't get in trouble for bringing it up?

Don't worry winnie, mags has met me, She'll be dying to come for a visit

Pokey
1st April 2014, 11:14 PM
Might be able to help out with some guiding in my backyard - NW Tassie, Arthur River, Sandy Cape, Balfour etc.

rusty_nail
2nd April 2014, 09:26 PM
Reckon trollatron will make an appearance? I really wanna check out his rig. BTW Lucas I need a new sticker for the new patrol!!!!

taslucas
2nd April 2014, 09:39 PM
Yeah it would be good to see ray again. There's an awesome track called the Cold Stream track that would be a good one for Ray to lead on. I haven't done it but he has

lucus30
15th September 2014, 11:15 AM
Ok I'm in. Hell or high water I'm in. Too bad its so far away though

Family4x4
15th September 2014, 03:00 PM

Last time I was in tassy we hired a lancer, we took it off road and on the beach it got hung up quite a bit. We washed it and got our full deposit back.

Bloodyaussie
14th April 2015, 04:47 PM
Something like this Kat....?

AB
14th April 2015, 05:53 PM
What???

I didn't even know this thread existed...lol

Maxhead
14th April 2015, 06:04 PM

What???

I don't think he's getting enough sleep :)

growler2058
14th April 2015, 06:25 PM

WTF are you on about?

Bloodyaussie
14th April 2015, 06:33 PM
WTF are you on about?

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?28595-Meetup-in-the-Middle-Trip-thread/page42

Clunk
14th April 2015, 06:42 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?28595-Meetup-in-the-Middle-Trip-thread/page42

just goes to show how much attention these bloody mods actually pay hey BA!!!!!????? hahahahaha

Bloodyaussie
14th April 2015, 06:57 PM
just goes to show how much attention these bloody mods actually pay hey BA!!!!!????? hahahahaha

Idiots the lot of them !!!!!!!! Bwa ha ha ha

Sir Roofy
14th April 2015, 07:18 PM
Idiots the lot of them !!!!!!!! Bwa ha ha ha

im out and your broke

Bloodyaussie
14th April 2015, 07:23 PM
im out and your broke

Ha ha ha so true......

mudski
14th April 2015, 08:12 PM
I'm supposed to be going to QLD for a mate's 40th in September sometime. I will be watching this with interest to see if any dates get locked in. I would love to get down there and meet the man in person. And tour the west coast. But I reckon it would have to be a three day or so runner for me.

taslucas
14th April 2015, 08:15 PM
What???

I'm sure this thread is just to tease me!
Stuff ya's all, I'm going to Melbourne to get a v8 commy

rusty_nail
14th April 2015, 08:56 PM
I'm sure this thread is just to tease me!
Stuff ya's all, I'm going to Melbourne to get a v8 commy

Lucas, will you be available around October long weekend? If you and me put something in stone I'll come down. Would be good I reckon. Tassie is spectacular

katwoman
15th April 2015, 02:37 AM

Cheers BA. I hadnt seen this. And with everyone dropping out, it would be perfect.

taslucas
15th April 2015, 12:07 PM
Lucas, will you be available around October long weekend? If you and me put something in stone I'll come down. Would be good I reckon. Tassie is spectacular

Done!

Whens that?

rusty_nail
15th April 2015, 12:18 PM
whens what?

rusty_nail
15th April 2015, 12:23 PM
depends on cash, but either i will drive down (if i can afford it) or will fly down, reckon i can hitch a ride from launceston or i could hire a cheap car again? money will be tight as tegan will be flying out the following month to a friends wedding in hawaii and well be saving for our wedding.

flights are cheap, it will cost me about $180 return to launceston, or about $300 in boat fares + petrol getting to yours.

Alitis007
15th April 2015, 09:39 PM
Last time I was in tassy we hired a lancer, we took it off road and on the beach it got hung up quite a bit. We washed it and got our full deposit back.
Look up the videos Lucas has posted in a thread called A paddock somewhere and you tell me a lancer is going to make it Sean hahaha

Alitis007
15th April 2015, 09:40 PM
I'll be aiming for the chrissy break to head down for a week. See if I can get deported hahahahaha!!

rusty_nail
15th April 2015, 10:01 PM
I'll be aiming for the chrissy break to head down for a week. See if I can get deported hahahahaha!!

Maybe I can do the same... It gives me longer to save up money

taslucas
16th April 2015, 06:28 AM

They gotta catch ya first!

taslucas
16th April 2015, 06:31 AM
whens what?

The October long weekend lol.

Either way, let's do it!
There's always a few others kicking around ready to get offroad at a moments notice.

rusty_nail
16th April 2015, 07:11 AM
The October long weekend lol.

Either way, let's do it!
There's always a few others kicking around ready to get offroad at a moments notice.

usually the first weekend in october dont you guys get that down in tassie?

yep im keen for chrissie, ima start putting at least $50 away each week for it.

SonOf
16th April 2015, 09:01 AM
Count me in - I will road trip it up North West for some fun, even if it is at my expence for my crap driving techniques :-)

taslucas
16th April 2015, 11:38 AM
Sounds good son of!

Alitis007
16th April 2015, 01:21 PM
Either way, let's do it!

yep im keen for chrissie, ima start putting at least $50 away each week for it.
Done!!!! Hopefully I'll be sporting a few extra cc's by then ;) but if belinda comes she'll want to stay in a apartment/unit or something haha!!

Hhmmm actually thinking about it it'll be a hard decision which car to take......
No Lucas I won't bring both!

taslucas
16th April 2015, 09:08 PM
Done!!!! Hopefully I'll be sporting a few extra cc's by then ;) but if belinda comes she'll want to stay in a apartment/unit or something haha!!

Hhmmm actually thinking about it it'll be a hard decision which car to take......

But...but.... You'll have two drivers!

taslucas
16th April 2015, 09:12 PM
http://www.killynaught.com.au/cottages.html

Remember this place rusty_nail? Good food, beer, and view lol

Maxhead
16th April 2015, 09:12 PM

Just deck out the wagon a bit better in the back and you/she'll be loughing

katwoman
16th April 2015, 09:13 PM

Dont forget, you'll be paying more to get there cos it'll be 'peak times '

jay see
16th April 2015, 09:53 PM

Good point.

Alitis007
17th April 2015, 09:54 AM
But...but.... You'll have two drivers!
Haha!! I can't drive them both at the same time!

Just deck out the wagon a bit better in the back and you/she'll be loughing
She'll camp for a couple of days then I'll have to take her back to civilisation lol she'll crack it anyway when everything shuts at 6pm anyway haha

They have deals on so you just have to keep an eye out like last month they had a deal from $45pp return on the spirit.

taslucas
19th April 2015, 07:55 AM
Haha!! I can't drive them both at the same time!

She'll camp for a couple of days then I'll have to take her back to civilisation lol she'll crack it anyway when everything shuts at 6pm anyway haha

They have deals on so you just have to keep an eye out like last month they had a deal from $45pp return on the spirit.

Yeah always deals in the off season. But you gotta fight it out with the grey nomads in summer lol.

Alitis007
19th April 2015, 04:55 PM
Yeah always deals in the off season. But you gotta fight it out with the grey nomads in summer lol.

Wouldn't be fair if i started fighting the grey nomads haha

SonOf
19th April 2015, 05:06 PM
You must get the winnebago hatch early up there, they only make it this far south after School hols around February.

rusty_nail
19th April 2015, 08:01 PM
ok, im out lol, tegan just paid for 2 return tickets to honolulu for a wedding in november. i dont think i can afford another holiday on top of that guys =(

taslucas
19th April 2015, 08:57 PM
Wouldn't be fair if i started fighting the grey nomads haha

We'll get them to tie one hand behind their back

taslucas
19th April 2015, 08:58 PM
You must get the winnebago hatch early up there, they only make it this far south after School hols around February.

Hahahaha hatch, I love it!

taslucas
19th April 2015, 08:59 PM
ok, im out lol, tegan just paid for 2 return tickets to honolulu for a wedding in november. i dont think i can afford another holiday on top of that guys =(

Oh bugger... What a roller coaster this thread has been!!!

Alitis007
19th April 2015, 09:37 PM
Really!? There's always next time mate or i can trade belinda for you and you will cook for me and keep me warm at night hahahahaaa

We'll get them to tie one hand behind their back
Yehp seems fair to me