PDA

View Full Version : Using wiring from 6 stacker as regular 12V supply

daanish
29th March 2014, 06:52 PM
I've got a separate 6 stacker unit in the back of the Ti GU 1 that hasn't actually been functional since the headunit was replace. I have no need for the stacker anymore as I've gone digital. Took apart the pocket/stacker in the back and saw that there's a regular harness and cabling connecting it up. Was wondering if I could use the 12V supply to the six stacker (haven't figured out which cable it is yet, but I assume it's one of them) and wire that up to a set of cig lighter sockets or some other kind of plug so I can run a compressor off it at the back. Since this is a very early model, there's no extra cig sockets at the back, just the one at the front and I figured it would come in handy for running things and maybe later on I could rewire it into an aux battery for fridge or whatever else.

Just wondering if anyone's done something like this or would know if I'll run into trouble with current draw and blown fuses/melted wires etc

Cheers

Bloodyaussie
29th March 2014, 07:34 PM
Not sure the wire would be rated for such things as cig socket???

You need to find out what amp wire it is... and of course you can use it for things it just depends on how many amps you want to draw through it!!!