PDA

View Full Version : Wiper problems....again

Matty852
23rd March 2014, 10:53 PM
So last week I had the initial drama of tracking down a wire earthing out for the wiper motor and now the next problem I have is dealing with resetting the park position on the wiper arms, everything seems to move correctly but I just can't seem to get them to reset to proper park position

Covo71
23rd March 2014, 11:03 PM
Is there any play in the arms? Lift both off the glass and see if you can move them. If it is loose it could be one of the linkage arms. Rule of thumb is set horizontal along bottom and they should be in the right place.

happygu
23rd March 2014, 11:10 PM
Sounds like you need to undo the main linkage off the motor and set the arms in the right spot, and reconnect

Matty852
23rd March 2014, 11:56 PM
I only had a bit of a play around with it this afternoon, motivation had been rather low after having my wisdom teeth out one thing I did find is that when I re set the linkage arm on the motor the motor will spin around until it parks at its original position which is vertical for the wiper arms

happygu
23rd March 2014, 11:59 PM
I only had a bit of a play around with it this afternoon, motivation had been rather low after having my wisdom teeth out one thing I did find is that when I re set the linkage arm on the motor the motor will spin around until it parks at its original position which is vertical for the wiper arms

Something isnt right, whether it be the linkages, or the arms themselves

Matty852
24th March 2014, 12:13 AM
I will have to get in there and pull it all apart and see what's going on, I originally thought it could've been the park position on the wiper motor until I opened it up and realised there is no way of adjusting the park position on it without having the motor run continuously

timmay556
1st July 2014, 04:00 PM
I had an issue with my wiper amp/relay not allowing the wipers to stop when they were back "home" and my int settings wouldn't work.
I finally figured out that if I tapped the relay when it was going everything worked perfect.
I undid the bolt holding the box (inside the guard) and just let it flop and bang around inside the box by battery and it works fine now