PDA

View Full Version : Interior refitting

Matty852
23rd March 2014, 10:51 PM
I have been wanting to fit a double DIN head unit into my GQ for a while and have been pondering on what would be the best method of doing it but unfortunately the only example I can find is having it mounted low near the gear stick which defeats the purpose of having a screen, has anyone else done anything different?

chrisc2306
24th March 2014, 06:53 PM
I don't think there is any other way of doing it other than it ending up behind the gear stick I'm afraid I had a look when I was changing my radio to see if I could put a double din in and I decided that it wasn't worth it for it to end up behind the gear stick. Sorry I can't be more help

Bloodyaussie
24th March 2014, 06:55 PM
I gave up on the idea..... to low if you put it where it will fit and too stupid looking if you make a spot on top of the dash!!!

Matty852
24th March 2014, 07:34 PM
I haven't had a chance to get in behind the aircon controls yet to see if there is a possibility of moving everything downwards or getting rid of it completely if it becomes to costly/annoying to get the aircon changed over for r13a refrigerant and figure out a way just to jig up the heater controls elsewhere.

chrisc2306
24th March 2014, 07:47 PM
There may be enough room behind the aircon/heater controls so you could potentially move it all down it may be a bit of a mission though I have tried to crop a photo of the area from when I had my dash out to show you how much room there is behind it not sure if it will be of any help

Matty852
24th March 2014, 08:01 PM
I might have to look into it, I think it might be doable, I will keep you guys posted on how it goes