PDA

View Full Version : Tallarook easy to medium day on the 6th April.. novices welcome.

Pages : [1] 2

Bloodyaussie
23rd March 2014, 09:29 AM
I need to do a shake down before heading out to the High Country in April and a few people wanting an easy day have said they would like to come along (probably all disappear now)

It is a Sunday and will be an early start with a meet up at about 9-9.30 at Broadford.

I will not be going overboard as I mainly want to test how my car is going after the engine and gearbox work.

For those that have never come along on one of these its very relaxed and easy going and options are there to miss a section if you dont feel comfortable with it.

Tallarook is a much better place to play than Dissapointment for those that have never been there with far less down time between tracks.

Yes uhf 17 and you can meet at my place or at Broadford petrol station. https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/161+High+St/@-37.2027318,145.0557974,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x6ad794193b132d6b:0x5f9e9 e43b56ffec4?hl=en

NOTE: This is not an official meet up and is only a group of like minded people going for a drive... You come along with the understanding that 4wding can be dangerous and you do so off your own bat.
There is no onus on NP and any damage sustained is the responsibility of the driver.

Minimum of recovery gear is needed and should expect to be self sufficient.

Hodge
23rd March 2014, 09:39 AM
Count me in. My locker gets fitted that friday too, so perfect chance to test that too.

4by
23rd March 2014, 09:42 AM
I might be able to tag along as well.

Drewboyaus
23rd March 2014, 09:59 AM
I'll probably come and have a play.....need to check with the social secretary.....

Family4x4
23rd March 2014, 10:37 AM
I think we are in wife and 2 young kids.

threedogs
23rd March 2014, 10:50 AM
yeah got a little meat left on the muddies, and I mean a little, sounds good

Alitis007
23rd March 2014, 10:58 AM
I know i have a function on that weekend but can't remember the day so count me in for now!!! Hope it rains hahaa

oddkid82
23rd March 2014, 12:19 PM
I was up there last weekend for a night drive, had problems on red hill very rutted out. Give it a miss if you don't want to get the winch out.

lucus30
23rd March 2014, 01:07 PM
Hmmm I've organised a day trip with my mates already though we haven't picked a location as yet

Bloodyaussie
23rd March 2014, 04:59 PM
I was up there last weekend for a night drive, had problems on red hill very rutted out. Give it a miss if you don't want to get the winch out.

Winching????? front locker more like it..

I know the place like the back of my hand and as stated this is a day for me to test out some stuff and take some novices along to show them a good time in a safe manner.

We will do mostly medium tracks but George and I plus others if they are up for it will be doing some harder stuff.... always chicken tracks or quick way round for those that dont want to tackle the harder stuff.

I have taken many novices along to Tallarook and they have had a ball and helped heaps with there confidants and learning.

Alitis007
23rd March 2014, 05:10 PM
This was last time we went up 42241 like i said hopefully its wet!!!

Bloodyaussie
23rd March 2014, 06:16 PM
Good times hey mate!!!

I still want to drive up that.

See how we go with time and all maybe a few of us can quickly scoot up that one while other go round??

Drewboyaus
23rd March 2014, 07:40 PM

Which track is that?
I had to winch up Tehans No6 (I think) the last time I went up in the wet. It was a very sloppy clay hill towards the top.....totally different in the dry.

Alitis007
23rd March 2014, 08:23 PM
Good times hey mate!!!

I still want to drive up that.

See how we go with time and all maybe a few of us can quickly scoot up that one while other go round??

I thought we did go up it when Rohan was with us on the bike???

Alitis007
23rd March 2014, 08:24 PM
Which track is that?
I had to winch up Tehans No6 (I think) the last time I went up in the wet. It was a very sloppy clay hill towards the top.....totally different in the dry.

No idea mate, the gps is on but i don't look, i din't even have music playing LOL!!!

Bloodyaussie
23rd March 2014, 09:11 PM
I thought we did go up it when Rohan was with us on the bike???

Yeah thats right but it was very dry and thats where you buckled a rim...

Oooh I look forward to a play ..... hopefully in the mud??

GQ TANK
23rd March 2014, 11:57 PM
Hmm Im interested need to talk o the ball and chain

krbrooking
24th March 2014, 12:24 AM
Why do you have to do it on a Sunday, I have to work that night. Will see what I can do I still need to get that solid state solenoid, if I can get that before and in I will try and see if I can come along.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

krbrooking
24th March 2014, 12:25 AM

What day was this and where was my invite????

Alitis007
24th March 2014, 10:26 AM

Actually that might have been a while back and come to think of it you where behind us getting stuck with Bryden lol!!

taslucas
24th March 2014, 11:15 AM
I went to Broadford when I was over.......
Thriving metropolis it is.

Hodge
24th March 2014, 11:22 AM
I went to Broadford when I was over.......
Thriving metropolis it is.

And their local cops are apparently extremely lenient to done up 4x4's....

...not.

Bloodyaussie
24th March 2014, 11:27 AM

You dopey prick..... I will find a photo of you at that meet!!!!!
Thats when I busted my lower control arm.

pickers
24th March 2014, 03:24 PM
I be in if that's all right haven't be out that side of town yet!
Good to meet some new faces
Matt

Bloodyaussie
24th March 2014, 03:33 PM
All welcome.......

mudski
24th March 2014, 04:20 PM
Just call me Thomas. I think I can, I think I can...

Bloodyaussie
24th March 2014, 04:44 PM
Just call me Thomas. I think I can, I think I can...

Story of your life!!!!!!

Just put your man pants on and come along!!

mudski
24th March 2014, 04:56 PM
Yeah. I love my life atm...:frown:

krbrooking
24th March 2014, 10:05 PM
You dopey prick..... I will find a photo of you at that meet!!!!!
Thats when I busted my lower control arm.

Oh ok, don't remember that hill????

Also looked at the Callander and I can't make it as I have a family day at work that day. ...insert sad face here.

krbrooking
25th March 2014, 12:16 AM
Actually that might have been a while back and come to think of it you where behind us getting stuck with Bryden lol!!

That prob sound bout right!! Lol...

lucus30
25th March 2014, 12:24 PM
Well looks like I might change my trip to Tallarook also. At this stage I have 5 4WD's that have said they are coming. Is that too many to tag along with you guys?

Bloodyaussie
25th March 2014, 05:21 PM
No problem mate.....

mudnut
25th March 2014, 05:51 PM
Trying to work out a way of getting up that way (It just means taking two cars instead of one to the big smoke.) Are the tracks suitable for a stock rb30 with good 31 ATs and no snorkel? Is anyone that lives, nearby up for a tent in their back yard on Saturday night?

AB
25th March 2014, 08:06 PM
Curse you all for 4wding on my birthday weekend and the weekend my child is going to be born!!!!

Bloodyaussie
25th March 2014, 08:20 PM
Curse you all for 4wding on my birthday weekend and the weekend my child is going to be born!!!!

Stop being so bloody selfish Andy!!!!!!!

What better way to celebrate , he he!!!

Bloodyaussie
25th March 2014, 08:22 PM
Trying to work out a way of getting up that way (It just means taking two cars instead of one to the big smoke.) Are the tracks suitable for a stock rb30 with good 31 ATs and no snorkel? Is anyone that lives, nearby up for a tent in their back yard on Saturday night?

No problem with a stock GQ mate... no need for snorkel thats for sure.

As for yard sorry I cant help there as my place is still a war zone!!!

mudnut
25th March 2014, 08:43 PM
No worries BA, mudnutette has expressed interest in the trip as well now, with it being school holidays. Might have to stay in a caravan park.

Bloodyaussie
25th March 2014, 08:48 PM
No worries BA, mudnutette has expressed interest in the trip as well now, with it being school holidays. Might have to stay in a caravan park.

Except for lack of toilets there is good camping in there and it is only 40min from the northern suburbs..

mudski
25th March 2014, 11:14 PM

Providing is doesn't rain you'll be right.

krbrooking
26th March 2014, 12:11 AM

I am not going but I stay in beverage just down the road so you are more than welcome to set up at mine, will even let you stay in the spare bedroom if ya want.

mudnut
26th March 2014, 11:48 AM
Thanks very much for the offer, mate. It would certainly make it an easier trip. (Another reason this forum rocks). We still haven't made any decisions yet.

threedogs
26th March 2014, 12:23 PM
Is everyone familiar with convoy procedure, looks like a few of us going.
spread out could be a while for everyone to get through a stage taking pics etc etc

Winnie
26th March 2014, 12:34 PM
Is everyone familiar with convoy procedure, looks like a few of us going.
spread out could be a while for everyone to get through a stage taking pics etc etc

Are you going John?

threedogs
26th March 2014, 12:39 PM
yeah gotta a bit of meat on the muddies no good for high country stuff but
ok if its dry I would think, might even have my new muddies by then too.
Aired down should produce a bit of grip

mudski
26th March 2014, 06:31 PM
Are you going John?

yeah gotta a bit of meat on the muddies no good for high country stuff but
ok if its dry I would think, might even have my new muddies by then too.
Aired down should produce a bit of grip

Woohoo!

Don't worry John you'll be right. Kev did much tougher on almost slicks last year. Albeit winch city it was for him but he did it.
I'm in on this trip by the looks of it. BA you bringing Erica? Beth wants to come too if Erica is...

Hodge
26th March 2014, 07:16 PM
Really looking forward to this, to meet a few more people off the forum and stretch the trols legs a bit.

DIL380
26th March 2014, 08:01 PM
I need to do a shake down before heading out to the High Country in April and a few people wanting an easy day have said they would like to come along (probably all disappear now)

It is a Sunday and will be an early start with a meet up at about 9-9.30 at Broadford.

I will not be going overboard as I mainly want to test how my car is going after the engine and gearbox work.

For those that have never come along on one of these its very relaxed and easy going and options are there to miss a section if you dont feel comfortable with it.

Tallarook is a much better place to play than Dissapointment for those that have never been there with far less down time between tracks.

Yes uhf 17 and you can meet at my place or at Broadford petrol station. is this still open to other people mate?

Bloodyaussie
26th March 2014, 08:23 PM
Yep no worries...... turning into a big day!!!!!

Lunch down by the dam after midday sometime..

AB
26th March 2014, 08:27 PM
Sounding like a decent turn out blokes...enjoy!

mudski
26th March 2014, 08:27 PM
is this still open to other people mate?

Open to any member mate.
Just thought to add that its highly advisable that everyone brings their own recovery equipment and their vehicles are fitted with decent recovery points. Not that we are going to look out for tracks that we need to pull out the reco gear for but you don't want to head out with nothing but your ride.
Looking forward to a parma and pot afterwards too...

lucus30
26th March 2014, 08:31 PM
I think my crew wants to do toolangi. So I might be out. If only I knew about this before I organised my own one

DIL380
26th March 2014, 08:39 PM
Open to any member mate.
Just thought to add that its highly advisable that everyone brings their own recovery equipment and their vehicles are fitted with decent recovery points. Not that we are going to look out for tracks that we need to pull out the reco gear for but you don't want to head out with nothing but your ride.
Looking forward to a parma and pot afterwards too... ok no worries. Will try & con the home affairs minister lol

Alitis007
26th March 2014, 11:03 PM
Unfortunately i can't make it. %@$&##+%^*?~~!£%%~!!!! Ffs got an engagement on sat and a fricken wedding on sunday...... Looks like i'll have to settle for whatever is on tap to drown my sorrows. FML!!

krbrooking
27th March 2014, 12:09 AM
Open to any member mate.
Looking forward to a parma and pot afterwards too...

That all depends on if BA does his bog hole.

krbrooking
27th March 2014, 12:12 AM
Unfortunately i can't make it. %@$&##+%^*?~~!£%%~!!!! Ffs got an engagement on sat and a fricken wedding on sunday...... Looks like i'll have to settle for whatever is on tap to drown my sorrows. FML!!

Don't worry Goerge I am in the same boat I have been itching to get out and I can't make this one either. I will be organising one for around the end of April start of May, I am thinking of doing toolangi and making it an overnighter.

Bloodyaussie
27th March 2014, 07:00 AM

I hate you right now.... you know its going to be a bit wet up there???

threedogs
27th March 2014, 07:02 AM

Is that a Greek shotgun wedding LOL

Alitis007
27th March 2014, 08:15 AM
Don't worry Goerge I am in the same boat I have been itching to get out and I can't make this one either. I will be organising one for around the end of April start of May, I am thinking of doing toolangi and making it an overnighter.

No worries mate look forward to it!

I hate you right now.... you know its going to be a bit wet up there???
I wanted to kill!! Belinda casually asked me last when i was going for a drive so i said next week and she's like you can't theres a wedding it started raining lol i was shattered. I said to her i'll go in the morning then come back to go to the wedding, still no go gotta be there at lunch time ffs!!!

Is that a Greek shotgun wedding LOL
Haha nah mate, the engagement on saturday is Lebanese/Greek and the wedding on sunday is Pakistani/ Maltese... What a mix!! It looks like both couples will be giving birth to mini chewbacker's lmao!!!

mudski
27th March 2014, 05:43 PM
I think my crew wants to do toolangi. So I might be out. If only I knew about this before I organised my own one
I'm hanging to get back up to Toolangi....

lucus30
27th March 2014, 05:52 PM
I'm hanging to get back up to Toolangi....

Only done a 2 hour run at toolangi once so this will be the 2nd time. You are always welcome to tag along. I'm really torn I'd love to do the tallarook with the patrol guys and meet you all but unfortunately I'd already organised another trip with my mates

mudski
27th March 2014, 06:29 PM
Thanks mate but Tallarook I will be going on that day. Not only will BA give me hell but my daughter will too as she and BA's daughter Erica get along like a house on fire and we can't shut them up when they are together.:biggrin: But defo on my to list as well as Merijig before the track close for the winter.

lucus30
27th March 2014, 06:40 PM
Thanks mate but Tallarook I will be going on that day. Not only will BA give me hell but my daughter will too as she and BA's daughter Erica get along like a house on fire and we can't shut them up when they are together.:biggrin: But defo on my to list as well as Merijig before the track close for the winter.

Yeah I know I meant next time

mudski
27th March 2014, 09:42 PM
Yeah I know I meant next time

Yeah I knew that...:rolleyes:

Bloodyaussie
28th March 2014, 09:30 PM
Just to confirm Mark, Erica has a birthday party she had already sent an rsvp so she is not coming..sorry!!!

Kind of wish it was this Sunday... but flying down to King Island on a DC-3 for lunch so "tally ho what!!!!!!"

mudski
28th March 2014, 09:38 PM
Beth is going to be really disappointed.

Drewboyaus
29th March 2014, 08:59 AM
flying down to King Island on a DC-3 for lunch so "tally ho what!!!!!!"

That's a bit farkin' fancy pants!

I might have a couple of my kids with me.......

Bloodyaussie
29th March 2014, 09:21 AM
That's a bit farkin' fancy pants!

I might have a couple of my kids with me.......

My Birthday present from last year..... I cant wait.

Erica is so disappointed now, I cant stand the girls who party she is going to and the mother needs a brick!!!!!

Hodge
30th March 2014, 08:47 AM
One week to go !

MEGOMONSTER
30th March 2014, 09:26 AM
Still trying to talk the missus around to letting me go, as I was banned from 4wheeling until I found a job. Doesn't look promising but I'll keep asking. Lol, hope to see you there.

DIL380
30th March 2014, 03:27 PM
Got approval to come along with the young bloke. Where & what time was the meet up?

Bloodyaussie
30th March 2014, 05:31 PM
Got approval to come along with the young bloke. Where & what time was the meet up?

Check first post........ where are you coming from???

DIL380
30th March 2014, 06:57 PM
Ok. Hastings.....1.5 hr drive to the servo

Bloodyaussie
30th March 2014, 08:37 PM
Just need to add this... I normally do but completely forgot sorry.

NOTE: This is not an official meet up and is only a group of like minded people going for a drive... You come along with the understanding that 4wding can be dangerous and you do so off your own bat.
There is no onus on NP and any damage sustained is the responsibility of the driver.

Minimum of recovery gear is needed and should expect to be self sufficient.

lucus30
31st March 2014, 01:59 PM
Looks like you might have some company up that way
http://club4x4.org.au/2014-april-tallarook-state-forest/

MEGOMONSTER
31st March 2014, 02:52 PM
Looks like you might have some company up that way http://club4x4.org.au/2014-april-tallarook-state-forest/

We'll just run over the top of them. Lol

lucus30
31st March 2014, 06:31 PM

If you do can you please film it for me?

Hodge
31st March 2014, 06:58 PM

Does that mean you're coming Mego?

Bloodyaussie
31st March 2014, 07:03 PM

We will see if he can at least get one nut back from his purse so he can play!!!

MEGOMONSTER
31st March 2014, 07:30 PM

Definitely gonna keep trying.

MEGOMONSTER
31st March 2014, 07:35 PM
We will see if he can at least get one nut back from his purse so he can play!!!

I reckon I almost had it till Stretch came over and put his foot in it.
Thanks Stretch.

Bloodyaussie
31st March 2014, 07:36 PM
Thanks Stretch.

Got to love that.... inside you were probably screaming at him....SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!

MEGOMONSTER
31st March 2014, 07:42 PM
Got to love that.... inside you were probably screaming at him....SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully Stretch will come along also.

Stretch
31st March 2014, 07:46 PM
Thanks Stretch.

No worries any time. I will look after your mrs. Will drop past later with a bag of concrete so you can harden up a bit

MEGOMONSTER
31st March 2014, 07:49 PM
No worries any time. I will look after your mrs. Will drop past later with a bag of concrete so you can harden up a bit

Surprise surprise , glad you can join in.

DIL380
1st April 2014, 10:39 AM
Just so i don't go to the wrong place, is the meet at the closed Caltex on High St in Broadford?

Cheers

Matt

Bloodyaussie
1st April 2014, 10:45 AM
No.... When you take the main exit to broadford (broadford motorcycle complex) you turn left into broadford.

When you cross over the railway bridge its another 200m and the servo is on the opposite. .. you turn right and pull over and wait there.
If you need pm me and I will send you my phone number.

DIL380
1st April 2014, 10:58 AM
Yeah ok, no worries. See you there.

Matt

Bloodyaussie
2nd April 2014, 05:28 PM
Nearly there... I am so over due for a good drive!!!!

Dont forget your lunch boys and gals as we will stop for an hour at the dam..

Those that will meet at my place are.... Mudski, Hodge, ???

Maxhead
2nd April 2014, 05:31 PM

Me too!! I need a Vic fix..LOL

Winnie
2nd April 2014, 05:33 PM
Will they let you back in yet? Bahahah.

Hodge
2nd April 2014, 05:47 PM

Dont forget your lunch boys and gals as we will stop for an hour at the dam..

Those that will meet at my place are.... Mudski, Hodge, ???

It's only logical, since I'm 2 streets away. Depart 830-ish?

Bloodyaussie
2nd April 2014, 05:49 PM
It's only logical, since I'm 2 streets away. Depart 830-ish?

Yeah that would be the go...

Maxhead
2nd April 2014, 05:58 PM
Will they let you back in yet? Bahahah.
yeah mate, done me time...lol

Drewboyaus
2nd April 2014, 06:02 PM
yeah mate, done me time...lol
So we'll see ya Sunday then?????

Drewboyaus
2nd April 2014, 06:05 PM
Nearly there... I am so over due for a good drive!!!! Dont forget your lunch boys and gals as we will stop for an hour at the dam.. Those that will meet at my place are.... Mudski, Hodge, ???

I might meet at yours.......9.30 was it????? Hehehe

mudski
2nd April 2014, 07:13 PM

Just show them your leather seats Mick and they will bow down to the greater good.

mudski
2nd April 2014, 07:18 PM
I might meet at yours.......9.30 was it????? Hehehe

No Drew the time has been changed, for you. Meet at BA's at 5:30am. Gives you plenty of time to brew your cuppa....:Yahoo!:

Bloodyaussie
2nd April 2014, 09:03 PM
Actually folks you may not believe this but the last time Drew had to be here for a trip he was on time...... I know I know bloody unbelievable !!!!!!!!

MEGOMONSTER
2nd April 2014, 10:27 PM
I seen Stretch again today and I think he might try and follow along but wont know till the weekend.
I also had a delightful conversation this evening with the Missus, and just maybe, just maaaaaaaaybe looking good for the weekend.

Can I get an update on meeting times, place, and oh yeah WHAT CHANNEL WE ON???????

mudski
2nd April 2014, 11:13 PM
I seen Stretch again today and I think he might try and follow along but wont know till the weekend.
I also had a delightful conversation this evening with the Missus, and just maybe, just maaaaaaaaybe looking good for the weekend.

Can I get an update on meeting times, place, and oh yeah WHAT CHANNEL WE ON???????
BA's house at 8:30am or Broadford at 9:30 and CH17....

MEGOMONSTER
2nd April 2014, 11:35 PM
BA's house at 8:30am or Broadford at 9:30 and CH17....
Are the tracks skinny there, if you know.

Bloodyaussie
3rd April 2014, 06:38 AM
Tracks are wide with minimal chance of pin striping.....

Winnie
3rd April 2014, 06:40 AM
Actually folks you may not believe this but the last time Drew had to be here for a trip he was on time...... I know I know bloody unbelievable !!!!!!!!

I just sprayed my coffee all over the screen.

mudski
3rd April 2014, 07:44 AM
So whats the head count?

Bloodyaussie
3rd April 2014, 08:20 AM
So whats the head count?

Lets see........ copy paste thanks guys.

Bloodyaussie
Mudski
Hodge
Drewboyaus

Family4x4
3rd April 2014, 09:37 AM
Bloodyaussie
Mudski
Hodge
Drewboyaus
Fam4x4

lucus30
3rd April 2014, 11:11 AM
Really really want to copy and paste my name there.

Bob
3rd April 2014, 12:57 PM
Really really want to copy and paste my name there.

Bloodyaussie
Mudski
Hodge
Drewboyaus
Fam4x4
Lucas 30

There you go

mudski
3rd April 2014, 03:40 PM
Are we adding Threedogs on this list?

lucus30
3rd April 2014, 04:15 PM
I was meaning Id love to go but I'd already planned a day with my mates and seems we are heading to toolangi. I've got 7-9 4wds so it would become a bit much any way
Next time perhaps. Maybe I'll post on here before i mention to my mates ha ha

Here is the correct list

Bloodyaussie
Mudski
Hodge
Drewboyaus
Fam4x4

DIL380
3rd April 2014, 05:00 PM
I was meaning Id love to go but I'd already planned a day with my mates and seems we are heading to toolangi. I've got 7-9 4wds so it would become a bit much any way
Next time perhaps. Maybe I'll post on here before i mention to my mates ha ha

Here is the correct list

Bloodyaussie
Mudski
Hodge
Drewboyaus
Fam4x4

I'm in too.

Bloodyaussie
Mudski
Hodge
Drewboyaus
Fam4x4
DIL380

Bloodyaussie
3rd April 2014, 05:05 PM
Just spoke to Kevin and he said Bryden is going to Tallarook on Sunday with a heap of his mates(6 or 7 cars) so looks like a few up there this weekend.

Hope it gets some rain up there as I get sick of eating dust!!!!

Bloodyaussie
Mudski
Hodge
Drewboyaus
Fam4x4
DIL380

Family4x4
3rd April 2014, 05:48 PM

Here's hoping they are wrong.

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/vic/north-central/broadford

mudski
3rd April 2014, 08:06 PM
Just spoke to Kevin and he said Bryden is going to Tallarook on Sunday with a heap of his mates(6 or 7 cars) so looks like a few up there this weekend.

Bloodyaussie
Mudski
Hodge
Drewboyaus
Fam4x4
DIL380

You will be leading anyway champ. No dust for you!!! My cabs filtered so I will be the back marker and enjoy the clean dustless air.

GU_Mudstar
3rd April 2014, 09:55 PM
Hey guys i was considering tagging along, but still got few things to clean up on the car, but next outing i will defs be in :)

Keen to see some photos if any is taken

mudnut
3rd April 2014, 10:01 PM
Since the weather is only supposed to be cloudy, If I can get mudnutette to rise early on Sunday, we will be coming from Bayswater.

taslucas
3rd April 2014, 10:10 PM
Told Shannon to contact you guys to go for a spin but he's flying back in to work that day.
Also he's bloody close to getting another patrol:-)

Bloodyaussie
4th April 2014, 07:33 AM
Hey guys i was considering tagging along, but still got few things to clean up on the car, but next outing i will defs be in :)

Keen to see some photos if any is taken

Why would you want to clean up your car before coming out to get dirty???:tease:

For those that are maybe coming?? I say dont be late as I have sat on the side of the road in the past for 40min waiting for persons to not show up and no idea if they were coming or not.

Wish we were going out tomorrow... bloody did a Sunday drive so George could come and the prick is not even coming...bloody woose!!!!

taslucas
4th April 2014, 07:42 AM
Wish we were going out tomorrow... bloody did a Sunday drive so George could come and the prick is not even coming...bloody woose!!!!

Can't trust those shady greasers!

Hodge
4th April 2014, 09:23 AM
Also don't forget day light savings changes sat night. An hour Extra sleep ( for those without kids ).
So don't show up at broadford early and wait an hour.

Sent from S4 Active using Forum Runner

Alitis007
4th April 2014, 10:48 AM

Hey you organized it before speaking to me and i told you i was busy this month princess !!

Bloodyaussie
4th April 2014, 10:50 AM
Hey you organized it before speaking to me and i told you i was busy this month princess !!

You idiot.... you were crying the other day when I came to speak to you how Belinda how screwed you and you were still trying to figure out how to come along!!!!

Good point about daylight savings ending Hodgey!!!

Alitis007
4th April 2014, 12:19 PM
You idiot.... you were crying the other day when I came to speak to you how Belinda how screwed you and you were still trying to figure out how to come along!!!! Good point about daylight savings ending Hodgey!!!
Turn it up drama queen !! I was guttered that she got the dates wrong of this wedding we're going to and i was trying to make it so you wouldn't come past and start with " you should have come, it was awesome!"

Bloodyaussie
4th April 2014, 01:27 PM
Crying I tells ya!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEGOMONSTER
4th April 2014, 05:23 PM
Stretch is asking a lot questions to me about Sunday , so it looks like we're coming ( will confirm tomorrow) not sure if I'm taking my car or jumping in with Stretch. Never been Tallarook, so should be good fun. He's hoping the tyres he had will be ok. If I don't take my car I'll give him mine.

pickers
4th April 2014, 05:34 PM
Yep I am in as well might bring a mate too. We will meet at servo
Pickers

Bloodyaussie
4th April 2014, 05:39 PM
So what happened to copy paste you nobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lucus30
4th April 2014, 06:49 PM
So what happened to copy paste you nobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy???

Bloodyaussie
Mudski
Hodge
Drewboyaus
Fam4x4
DIL380
pickers

pickers
4th April 2014, 06:54 PM
Thanks Lucus

mudnut
4th April 2014, 07:44 PM
Happy???

Bloodyaussie
Mudski
Hodge
Drewboyaus
Fam4x4
DIL380
pickers

mudnut
mudnutette

edit. Fail

Bloodyaussie
4th April 2014, 07:49 PM
Bloodyaussie
Mudski
Hodge
Drewboyaus
Fam4x4
DIL380
pickers
Mudnut+ mudnutette
Stretch+ Mego as the bitch

mudnut
4th April 2014, 08:01 PM
Hey, since when have I had a capital letter, bA?

Bloodyaussie
4th April 2014, 08:02 PM
Hey, since when have I had a capital letter, bA?

Since you will do as you are told young man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEGOMONSTER
4th April 2014, 08:06 PM
Bloodyaussie
Mudski
Hodge
Drewboyaus
Fam4x4
DIL380
pickers
Mudnut+ mudnutette

Stretch+ Mego as the bitch (LOL)
(To be confirmed)

lucus30
4th April 2014, 08:07 PM
mudnut
mudnutette

edit. Fail

Oh really? I just copied the last one. Not my fault you were too slack to put your name on the list

mudnut
4th April 2014, 08:16 PM
I really just wanted to see what, Ba would do if the list was stuffed. True, that.

mudnut
4th April 2014, 08:31 PM
Oooh, double post. Have you got a page number and grids reference, or street name for the servo, please?

Bloodyaussie
4th April 2014, 08:38 PM
Its Broadford....its not exactly a roaming metropolis .... https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/161+High+St/@-37.2027318,145.0557974,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x6ad794193b132d6b:0x5f9e9 e43b56ffec4?hl=en

mudski
4th April 2014, 08:40 PM
Oooh, double post. Have you got a page number and grids reference, or street name for the servo, please?

Just get on ch17 and start calling...

MEGOMONSTER
4th April 2014, 11:26 PM
Just get on ch17 and start calling...

Are you sure it's 17. Cos BA is particular about what channel were on. LOL.

Bloodyaussie
5th April 2014, 03:48 PM
I just got a call from Sam who is a mate of Kevin and Bryden and he asked to tag along with us.... good bloke with a gq td42.

Not sure if he said Bryden was coming also and if he does which car he will bring.... he has an 80 and a mav and is such a good bloke no one cares if he brings the 80...:eek:

MEGOMONSTER
5th April 2014, 04:33 PM
I just got a call from Sam who is a mate of Kevin and Bryden and he asked to tag along with us.... good bloke with a gq td42. Not sure if he said Bryden was coming also and if he does which car he will bring.... he has an 80 and a mav and is such a good bloke no one cares if he brings the 80...:eek:

Stretch is bringing his Yota.

Maxhead
5th April 2014, 04:43 PM
You boys need to bring extra recovery gear by the sound of it...LOL

Bloodyaussie
5th April 2014, 04:46 PM
You boys need to bring extra recovery gear by the sound of it...LOL

Already packed...... all my really shitty gear for the job!!!!!

Jamiepatrol
5th April 2014, 05:02 PM
Hey fellas, I'm down in melbourne this weekend, wouldn't mind attending this. Just wondering how easy to medium this really is? Only reason I'm asking is i've been to a few "novice" runs and they turnd into a all day winch fests where beginners were thrown into the very deep end, some unwillingly, and others by peer pressure.
We went down tracks where it didnt have chicken turns, and once you were committed, its game over you have to soldier on no matter how good you or your truck are.

By the looks of things there seems to be a very experirnced crew with some serious trucks going. My patrol is ready, but i don't think i am. Pure amateur I am.
Don't mean to sound like a weasel, but thought I'd ask before I committ.

Jamie.

Maxhead
5th April 2014, 05:18 PM
Hey fellas, I'm down in melbourne this weekend, wouldn't mind attending this. Just wondering how easy to medium this really is? Only reason I'm asking is i've been to a few "novice" runs and they turnd into a all day winch fests where beginners were thrown into the very deep end, some unwillingly, and others by peer pressure.
We went down tracks where it didnt have chicken turns, and once you were committed, its game over you have to soldier on no matter how good you or your truck are.

By the looks of things there seems to be a very experirnced crew with some serious trucks going. My patrol is ready, but i don't think i am. Pure amateur I am.
Don't mean to sound like a weasel, but thought I'd ask before I committ.

Jamie.

Hey good on ya mate. You will be looked after!!

Jonno is a great leader and he will make sure you will go onto the right track or bog..lol

Don;t stress mate...the blokes you will be going with are very experienced

Bloodyaussie
5th April 2014, 06:23 PM
Jamie come along mate.... no peer pressure at all and some good guidance.

No heroes and all encourgment for those learning.

Its been awhile since I have done a novice trip so dont miss out.

Where would you meet??

DIL380
5th April 2014, 06:24 PM
Sounds like it's gonna be a good day then, plenty of people & Trolls

Drewboyaus
5th April 2014, 06:34 PM
Yeah Jamie, no dramas at all mate. It won't be wet and everything is drivable. Anything hard can be bypassed but we won't be taking any novices up the harder tracks......some of us might put the nose up one or two but we'll see (and you could hop in and see how it's done).
I'll have a couple of my kids there so won't be going up anything silly.
You'd be surprised what you and your vehicle are capable of.
I'm betting you'll be grinning by the end of tomorrow but it's up to you and no pressure to do anything you don't want to do........
It's a good crew.

Drewboyaus
5th April 2014, 06:46 PM
So I'll definitely have Caitlin with me (7) and maybe Liz (10), James (5) is staying home with mum. Just had a call from a mate Hewy who's going to tag along in his Prado......just had a rear locker installed so he's keen to give it a bit of a shakedown.

Drewboyaus
5th April 2014, 06:48 PM
Bloodyaussie
Mudski
Hodge
Drewboyaus
Fam4x4
DIL380
pickers
Mudnut+ mudnutette
Hewy (Toymotor)
Stretch+ Mego as the bitch (LOL)

Bloodyaussie
5th April 2014, 06:49 PM
F%$king Prado's...........

I want to test a bit of mapping software also... thats if I can get Ozi to work on my 7 inch GPS unit???

I forgot to buy something for lunch tomorrow??? blah!!!!!

Jamiepatrol
5th April 2014, 07:17 PM
Thanks guys. I'm out as looks like I'll be working late anyway. Spewing as I was rally keen to come have a play.

mudnut
5th April 2014, 07:45 PM
Righto, I am sitting in sunny Bayswater, Q packed, ready for action. What time do you envision finishing up, tomorrow?

MEGOMONSTER
5th April 2014, 07:48 PM
Bloodyaussie
Mudski
Hodge
Drewboyaus
Fam4x4
DIL380
pickers
Mudnut+ mudnutette
Hewy (Toymotor)
Stretch (Yota)
Mego (NOT as the bitch (LOL)

Hodge
5th April 2014, 08:00 PM
Yup threw some recovery gear in before and ready to go.
Just charging the GoPro stuff and a camera. And then thats about it.

Will be seeing Jonathan 8.30-ish NEW time, at his place.
Once again don't forget daylight savings. Clock goes back an hour.

Ben-e-boy
5th April 2014, 08:01 PM
Bloodyaussie
Mudski
Hodge
Drewboyaus
Fam4x4
DIL380
pickers
Mudnut+ mudnutette
Hewy (Toymotor)
Stretch (Yota)
Mego (everyones bitch (LOL)

Dont forget to charges the cameras

mudski
5th April 2014, 08:18 PM
Righto, I am sitting in sunny Bayswater, Q packed, ready for action. What time do you envision finishing up, tomorrow?

Last time we ended up at the flowerdale pub and had dinner. So....

mudnut
5th April 2014, 08:20 PM
I could get an extra passenger, but he has to be in Chelsea by 7.00pm. I am bringing my lunch too.

Drewboyaus
5th April 2014, 08:22 PM
I'll be aiming to head home some time around 3 or 4pm as I need to get to the MCG to watch the MIGHTY BOMBERS smash the blues.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

mudnut
5th April 2014, 08:28 PM
Go the Mighty Blues!!!

matfew
5th April 2014, 08:28 PM
Have fun everyone. Would love to come but I'm hitting the Bush on bikes tomorrow. Hitting the hard shit to so should be a busy day of what mudrunner likes to do on 4 wheels but mine is the 2 wheel equivalent lol. Silly silly I know haha.

mudski
5th April 2014, 08:53 PM
I could get an extra passenger, but he has to be in Chelsea by 7.00pm. I am bringing my lunch too.

You'll be mighty hungry if you don't bring lunch...

MEGOMONSTER
5th April 2014, 09:20 PM

Stretch and I will be leaving at 3pm as we need to be back by 5,

MEGOMONSTER
5th April 2014, 09:21 PM
I'll be aiming to head home some time around 3 or 4pm as I need to get to the MCG to watch the MIGHTY BOMBERS smash the blues..... Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I think your dreaming.
Carn the Blues.

MEGOMONSTER
5th April 2014, 09:22 PM
Have fun everyone. Would love to come but I'm hitting the Bush on bikes tomorrow. Hitting the hard shit to so should be a busy day of what mudrunner likes to do on 4 wheels but mine is the 2 wheel equivalent lol. Silly silly I know haha.

Find us some new tracks to tackle Matt.

MEGOMONSTER
5th April 2014, 09:26 PM
I have also packed a chainsaw and fuel, just in case, as I don't want to be Axing a tree out the way like we had to when we went to Wombat a few weeks back.

mudnut
5th April 2014, 09:45 PM
x2 with the Chainsaw, but I still don't have a hi lift or exhaust jack.

MEGOMONSTER
5th April 2014, 09:51 PM
x2 with the Chainsaw, but I still don't have a hi lift or exhaust jack.

Me either, we'll do things the hard way with the little bottle jack.

happygu
5th April 2014, 10:21 PM
Have fun everyone....

Had stopped myself from posting, as I was hoping I could make it too, but as I was away for work last week, and will be this coming week and at this stage possibly part of the week after too, my wife wasn't too keen on letting me go.

Hope it is a great day for all, and take lots of pics ( especially ones of Mego stuck in the mud .... :bigthumbup: )

Mic

MEGOMONSTER
5th April 2014, 10:30 PM
Hope it is a great day for all, and take lots of pics ( especially ones of Mego stuck in the mud .... ) Mic

Thanks Mic.
And YEAH BABY.

happygu
5th April 2014, 10:32 PM
Thanks Mic.
And YEAH BABY.

Can't complain really ... at least I've got work ....

Bloodyaussie
6th April 2014, 06:29 AM
Bloody neighbours party again and bloody daylight savings.... god I am tired!!!!!

Anyway where is the coffee.........

MEGOMONSTER
6th April 2014, 06:33 AM
Bloody neighbours party again and bloody daylight savings.... god I am tired!!!!! Anyway where is the coffee......... Why does it say on ForumRunner that you posted this at 7:59am when it's only 6am. Or have I botched up the times.
Never mind it's the FR clock that's f@rked.

MEGOMONSTER
6th April 2014, 06:55 AM
What the fark is the real time.

Hodge
6th April 2014, 06:58 AM
What the fark is the real time.

Posted this 3 minutes after you and the real new time is 7.28AM.

Hodge
6th April 2014, 07:00 AM
I had to set the DST setting in the forum options to OFF. Mine was automatic, and looks like it didn't do it's job.

MEGOMONSTER
6th April 2014, 07:03 AM
Shit. Were on our way to BA's.

Bloodyaussie
6th April 2014, 07:11 AM
Shit. Were on our way to BA's.

Better not be........

NissanGQ4.2
6th April 2014, 07:17 AM
Have a fun day guys

MudRunnerTD
6th April 2014, 07:19 AM
Not sure what is going on with the forum time clock but it is certainly wrong. Correct time at posting is 7:57am Vic normal time.

Have a great day guys

MEGOMONSTER
6th April 2014, 07:25 AM
Better not be........
Whys that, were half way there

MEGOMONSTER
6th April 2014, 07:30 AM
Just met up with the other guys that were supposed come with us. Good laugh with them at the lights, they're going to Toolangi. They were nice trucks too.

Hodge
6th April 2014, 07:32 AM
Just met up with the other guys that were supposed come with us. Good laugh with them at the lights, they're going to Toolangi. They were nice trucks too.

I just seen like 6 4x4's in convoy on Plenty rd heading north so, could be the same blokes maybe.

Family4x4
6th April 2014, 07:40 AM
Should I throw the Hi lift in? I have an exhaust jack in already.

DIL380
6th April 2014, 07:53 AM
Saw a few on my way up too

MEGOMONSTER
6th April 2014, 08:16 AM
On our way to Broadford

Family4x4
6th April 2014, 05:05 PM
Thanks for today my family and I had a great time everyone made us feel very welcome. It wad great to see what the pink lady could do and learn a few things from some experienced people.

matfew
6th April 2014, 05:12 PM
Good on you Family4x4fun. They are a great bunch of blokes and that really makes the trips much better to.

I am VERY sore. Had a wicked time myself but lost the rear hit a tree just as I laid the bike over and broke the bloody tree in half. Landed on my leg and BOY is it sore now. lol was wicked fun though.

Found some real good tracks Mick. NO WAY IN HELL to get a car in there but they were good still hahaha.

Wheres the pics from today?? Sounds like a great turnout. Weather was very nice here today so guessing it was nice up there too.

DIL380
6th April 2014, 05:44 PM
Hey guys, thanks for a good trip today even if i had to head off early. Was good to get amongst it & see what the truck could do

AB
6th April 2014, 05:57 PM
I saw a photo from BA from the trip blokes, looks like a decent turn out and yes...very jealous!!!

Look forward to the pics and vids!

Hodge
6th April 2014, 06:08 PM
Bloody marvelous day! I had an absolute blast. Thanks for BA for putting this together and the rest of you fellas for turning up. Was great meeting everyone.
I have a small s***tone of videos and photos i'll sort out soon. Maybe there will be a tallarook trip report thread ??

AB
6th April 2014, 06:10 PM
Bloody marvelous day! I had an absolute blast. Thanks for BA for putting this together and the rest of you fellas for turning up. Was great meeting everyone.
I have a small s***tone of videos and photos i'll sort out soon. Maybe there will be a tallarook trip report thread ??

Yeah mate, feel free to start one, that's how it normally works as the initial meet up threads turn to poo much like this...lol

MEGOMONSTER
6th April 2014, 06:10 PM
This was the only pic I took.

Captain Fuzzy Bear, thanks for an awesome day out showing us all around Tallarook, I personally loved it, great tracks, some difficult looking tracks that we all did easily.

This was our day.

Blue line was our journey.

Drewboyaus
6th April 2014, 06:20 PM
Rightio, better put my group shot up so at least I'm in it......

Me and one of my kids

Drewboyaus
6th April 2014, 06:25 PM
Was a great day out again today, met a few more members and best of all had a good fun drive.
I've become a real slack-arse when it comes to photos.....I took bugger all today, too busy enjoying the drive.......

CarlLC78
6th April 2014, 06:30 PM
Thanks for a good day. Expected to cop a lot more crap for rocking up in a Toyota but all good! Always good to bring the car back not broken

Bloodyaussie
6th April 2014, 06:36 PM
I will post up pics later.....

For now here it is... bloody brilliant day with some new faces which is good because I get sick of looking at all your same ugly mugs all the time.

This morning Mick, Stretch, Mudski, Hodge met at my place with Drew and Huey meeting us on the freeway... easy drive up to Broadford where we met ( I am struggling here for names) Matt, Carl, Shaun and family , Craig and kids and I am so sorry but I have forgotten the rest of the names..... dont hate me???

We then headed 5 min up the road to air down and begin the day with a short drive before getting to the rock face and even though we said we would not do it 5 cars went up and then down again to rejoin the convoy with no trouble at all.

We then headed our way to the hill climb at Jenkins track and got heaps of video of everyone... also mostly hassle free.

After that down Tehan6 along the bottom to tehan3 then a race around to the back of Mt Hickey where we stopped for lunch and group photo's... here we said goodbye to Matt and Craig.

We then made our way down to the dam and up the back of East falls track where everyone had a ball (think this was the pic for the day).

After that it was down Steep track where Mudski decided to move a huge boulder to the middle of the track as he passed blocking the path... good one Mark so Shaun had to back up and we used a strap to move the boulder a bit at a time..

We then hit Cable track with little trouble as it is so dry and from there it was a day... by this stage it was well after 3pm and people needed to get home so by the time we got to the look out and aired up it was closer to 4.30pm and we all said our good byes..... bloody good day I must say and really enjoyed catching up with my mates and also making some more new ones..

I hope all the novices enjoyed and I hope the more experienced guys had fun also!!!!

I will post photos later with heaps of Video!!! cheers!!

MEGOMONSTER
6th April 2014, 06:44 PM
Thanks for a good day. Expected to cop a lot more crap for rocking up in a Toyota but all good! Always good to bring the car back not broken

Things may have been different if you were the only Yota, as there were 3 of you today.

Bloodyaussie
6th April 2014, 07:06 PM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_120652_zpscd722409.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_120652_zpscd722409.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_120641_zps77192f68.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_120641_zps77192f68.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_110218_zpsd5bfd0a4.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_110218_zpsd5bfd0a4.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_110017_zpsbd842bb4.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_110017_zpsbd842bb4.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_104042_zps40fd43a1.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_104042_zps40fd43a1.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_103132_zpsc4682974.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_103132_zpsc4682974.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_103126_zps366bd249.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_103126_zps366bd249.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_103101_zps821e76ef.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_103101_zps821e76ef.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_103057_zps08b2f997.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_103057_zps08b2f997.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_102947_zpscac020ce.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_102947_zpscac020ce.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_102421_zps48be0a2c.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_102421_zps48be0a2c.jpg.html)

Bloodyaussie
6th April 2014, 07:10 PM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_100341_zpsaf8bf840.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_100341_zpsaf8bf840.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_092005_zps14f06fcc.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_092005_zps14f06fcc.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_124202_zps1b24ab18.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_124202_zps1b24ab18.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_124814_zps025895a2.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_124814_zps025895a2.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_124851_zps59720ecf.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_124851_zps59720ecf.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_124958_zps25227a70.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_124958_zps25227a70.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_125114_zpsa6b1de9e.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_125114_zpsa6b1de9e.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_133659_zps091a1545.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_133659_zps091a1545.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_133710_zps5e0576a1.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_133710_zps5e0576a1.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_141038_zpsf9e1e769.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_141038_zpsf9e1e769.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_143947_zps7e3c10ff.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_143947_zps7e3c10ff.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_143956_zpsc5379935.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_143956_zpsc5379935.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_144001_zps0516dda2.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_144001_zps0516dda2.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_150615_zps9c97645e.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_150615_zps9c97645e.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_151201_zpsef750ac9.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_151201_zpsef750ac9.jpg.html)

Bloodyaussie
6th April 2014, 07:12 PM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_151930_zps33148854.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_151930_zps33148854.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_151954_zps00083133.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_151954_zps00083133.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_152037_zps41d4b573.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_152037_zps41d4b573.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_152052_zpse2c12588.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_152052_zpse2c12588.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_152117_zps26cf7af2.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_152117_zps26cf7af2.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_152315_zpsfdf9a2f8.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_152315_zpsfdf9a2f8.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_152330_zps946d1e50.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_152330_zps946d1e50.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_160524_zpsdf9358e0.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_160524_zpsdf9358e0.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_160528_zps0f184cd2.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_160528_zps0f184cd2.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_160538_zps9e5dd119.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_160538_zps9e5dd119.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_160722_zpsecfeeb0a.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_160722_zpsecfeeb0a.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_160927_zps67ef940f.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_160927_zps67ef940f.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20140406_162448_zps1e51a47f.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20140406_162448_zps1e51a47f.jpg.html)

Winnie
6th April 2014, 07:16 PM
After that it was down Steep track where Mudski decided to move a huge boulder to the middle of the track as he passed blocking the path... good one Mark so Shaun had to back up and we used a strap to move the boulder a bit at a time..

Classic Mudski! Haha

AB
6th April 2014, 07:39 PM
Classic Mudski! Haha

The question is how did mark move the boulder in the way when you blokes needed straps to get it out the way?

Great turn out gents, very jealous!

Hodge
6th April 2014, 07:42 PM
The question is how did mark move the boulder in the way when you blokes needed straps to get it out the way?

Great turn out gents, very jealous!

Mark's diff, dug it out on his way down and rolled onto the middle of the track I believe.

lucus30
6th April 2014, 07:44 PM
Looks sweet guys next time I hope I can come. Though i had an awesome day at talangi any way

MEGOMONSTER
6th April 2014, 08:03 PM
Looks sweet guys next time I hope I can come. Though i had an awesome day at talangi any way

I meet some your mates that went with you on the the way to Jonno's

lucus30
6th April 2014, 08:14 PM
which ones? and where?

mudski
6th April 2014, 09:01 PM
Wow. Just woke up after flaking it on the bean bag. I got some video footage to go through and will edit and put on Youtube. Minutes into our trip we did a very decent hill. Short but rocky and steep. Great way to warm up hey. Just get in a do it. lol.
Yeah, trust me to move a boulder. Four of us could only lift one side about an inch off the ground. I have some footage f it being snatched down the track too.
Big thanks to old mate BA organizing this trip. I must say and I would safely say everyone on the trip would agree. The track after the dam was the best. No way steep or mud but dozens crossed over ruts and was an awesome track for really flexing the legs on the Patrol.

Great day was had...

krbrooking
6th April 2014, 09:14 PM
Looks like a fun day was had by all. Great turn out too, I am just a bit jealous atm.

Sent from me using Forum Runner

mudski
6th April 2014, 09:22 PM
Mark's diff, dug it out on his way down and rolled onto the middle of the track I believe.

Lol no. This boulder is a bit big for my Patrol to dig out. We had to squeezed between it and a high edge of the track. My tyre basically grabbed onto to it and pulled it into the track making it impossible to go around. So we had to dragged it out of the way.

MEGOMONSTER
6th April 2014, 09:30 PM
which ones? and where? Can't remember now, one maverick one patrol. One silver one maroon. I think he had red beard. I don't know I was still asleep in the morning. I got them at the lights on Robinsons rd and western hwy.

lucus30
6th April 2014, 09:35 PM
Can't remember now, one maverick one patrol. On silver one maroon. I think he had red beard. I don't know I was still asleep in the morning.
I got them at the lights on Robinsons rd and western hwy.

O yup not my mates but saw them there.

MEGOMONSTER
6th April 2014, 09:36 PM
Lol no. This boulder is a bit big for my Patrol to dig out. We had to squeezed between it and a high edge of the track. My tyre basically grabbed onto to it and pulled it into the track making it impossible to go around. So we had to dragged it out of the way.

Bloody big rock. Would be 3' x 3' x4'.

93patrol
6th April 2014, 10:28 PM
Looks like a great day out guys fully jealous. Can't wait to get bush again

mudnut
6th April 2014, 10:32 PM
Thanks for organising the trip, BA. I had a ball. Pity I had to duck out early.

krbrooking
7th April 2014, 02:23 AM
Can't remember now, one maverick one patrol. One silver one maroon. I think he had red beard. I don't know I was still asleep in the morning. I got them at the lights on Robinsons rd and western hwy.

That could have been Bryden and a few other fellas. Were they going to tallarook or toolangi??

Sent from me using Forum Runner

Bloodyaussie
7th April 2014, 06:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-NQQgimdXM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux9uNgdAcOg&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IEVglonyu8&feature=youtu.be

krbrooking
7th April 2014, 09:07 AM
Nice vids man, far out Jenkins looks even more washed out than it was last time. Surprised you didn't see Bryden out there???

Bloodyaussie
7th April 2014, 09:59 AM
Jenkins was about the same..
Spoke briefly to sam but as we had 12 cars was not going to try and meet up.

You missed out big time boyo

DIL380
7th April 2014, 11:10 AM
Any chance of getting an emailed copy of the Jenkins vid BA?

Hodge
7th April 2014, 11:32 AM

Hey mate I've got your climb as well as most of others in video. Our net as of yesterday is running in prehistoric speeds so uploading anything is like watching grass grow. That's why I haven't uploaded anything. Even loading the forums is painful.
As soon as I got it sorted I'll youtube some as well as upload for direct video download for people that want.

Hodge
7th April 2014, 11:44 AM
Bit of damage report.
Just walked outside and saw a huge puddle of oil on ground. Coming from passenger side of engine leaking its way down onto control arms and onto ground. I'll have to pull some stuff apart to find the source.

Also the cross-member is banged up pretty good. This happened at that rock step drop off, not far before Mudskis rock. You get that.

Maxhead
7th April 2014, 12:24 PM
Bit of damage report.
Just walked outside and saw a huge puddle of oil on ground. Coming from passenger side of engine leaking its way down onto control arms and onto ground. I'll have to pull some stuff apart to find the source.

Also the cross-member is banged up pretty good. This happened at that rock step drop off, not far before Mudskis rock. You get that.

Ouch! Is it definitely engine oil? Wonder what it is...

happygu
7th April 2014, 12:38 PM
Bit of damage report.

Is your AC still working - you may have cracked a pipe

Ben-e-boy
7th April 2014, 12:45 PM
Bit of damage report.

Wow who navigated you down that rock step
Even I dont have that much damage on the crossmember

Hodge
7th April 2014, 12:58 PM
Ok. Oil is just a leaking Provent tap at the bottom. So its good new i guess, but why so much oil i dont know.
As for the cross member Ben-e-boy , no guide. I took a wrong line went too far left from memory and thats it.

Almost done with videos and some pics. Should be up soon!

Bloodyaussie
7th April 2014, 04:17 PM
I managed to back into a tree while in a hurry after a wrong turn....

Took a bit to swap out bent wheel holder and do a bit of body work.

Bloodyaussie
7th April 2014, 04:42 PM

You could post me a usb dongle and I will post it back with the video on it...

Maybe hold off until all the pics and vids are in then get a usb stick to do the rounds..

pickers
7th April 2014, 04:51 PM
Had a ball out there boys ...
thanks for the day Ba and the others on the trip
Look forward to the next one pickers

Hodge
7th April 2014, 05:46 PM
For those who didn't know... Yes I got lost at the end. Once we crossed flowerdale rd, just before the lookout where we aired up, I missed the car park and kept driving. LOL
There was another car who got in front of me, not related to us. But due to the dust and him being well ahead, I couldn't tell. It's only when the UHF went silent I realized oh s***....

I'm looking at my breadcrumbs on the hema maps, I was well into mount dissapointment before I decided I better turn around. Clown of the day.

Bloodyaussie
7th April 2014, 05:56 PM
Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!!!! I was not going to say anything mate!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha!!!!

krbrooking
7th April 2014, 06:27 PM
Yeh I can see I missed out big time, one of the down falls of having a family. Lol!!! Only joking. It actually wasn't too bad of a day at the family day with work

DIL380
7th April 2014, 06:29 PM
You could post me a usb dongle and I will post it back with the video on it...

Maybe hold off until all the pics and vids are in then get a usb stick to do the rounds..

All good, I just realised they are on YouTube

MEGOMONSTER
7th April 2014, 10:45 PM
My damage report.
Small bend in front passenger rim.
Small dint in the sill due to a branch getting wedged between the step and sill. Bitch.

mudski
8th April 2014, 12:19 AM
Bit of damage report.

That cross member looks ok to me. Just some good marks from the rock you can see. Clean under your car and then take another look. I bet you it looked worse that it was.

Hodge
8th April 2014, 02:13 PM
So let's do everything weve done on Sunday... But after these 3 hours of rain we've just had.

Sent from S4 Active using Forum Runner

Bloodyaussie
8th April 2014, 02:17 PM
I am ready to go!!!!!!

Hodge
8th April 2014, 02:28 PM
I am ready to go!!!!!!

I'll be your place in 20?

Family4x4
8th April 2014, 02:28 PM
I am ready to go!!!!!!

I can be there in 40 minutes

Bloodyaussie
8th April 2014, 03:38 PM
I think it would turn into mayhem......... I think me likes!!!!!!

Hodge
8th April 2014, 03:41 PM
I think it would turn into mayhem......... I think me likes!!!!!!

For sure, especially that clay track towards the end... East falls rd ? That would be something in the wet.

Bloodyaussie
8th April 2014, 03:57 PM
I know of a lot more narly tracks in the wet... that east falls is actually not that bad but that simple looking track we took to get down to the dam is like an ice skating ring.... Red hill would be mental if its raining like it is here!!

DIL380
8th April 2014, 06:09 PM
It would be interesting to see how mine would go doing what we did in the wet. Not real good I reckon with the stock tyres on

Bloodyaussie
8th April 2014, 06:21 PM
Yeah they turn to slicks real quick thats for sure... you would be surprised what a stock GU will do though mate!!!

Hodge
8th April 2014, 06:27 PM
Thats for sure. Was very impressed by Matts GU, stock, doing what we did. If mine was stock and I was put into that spot, I'd be questioning if I'd go ahead or not.

DIL380
8th April 2014, 07:28 PM
Thats for sure. Was very impressed by Matts GU, stock, doing what we did. If mine was stock and I was put into that spot, I'd be questioning if I'd go ahead or not. it was all me mate, the truck had nothing to do with it lol

Bloodyaussie
8th April 2014, 07:32 PM
it was all me mate, the truck had nothing to do with it lol

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!! Think your now ready for an epic high country trip!!!

MEGOMONSTER
8th April 2014, 07:40 PM
Thats for sure. Was very impressed by Matts GU, stock, doing what we did. If mine was stock and I was put into that spot, I'd be questioning if I'd go ahead or not.

But all these guys keep saying to me, to use mine for what's it's built for.

DIL380
9th April 2014, 05:13 AM
Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!! Think your now ready for an epic high country trip!!!

I wish BA! Next up is gonna be Stockton Beach over Easter!