PDA

View Full Version : craigsQ Build

craigsQ
20th March 2014, 05:12 PM
I am saving up to get my Q lifted. I have had a few quotes. Most have listed the same parts, but I am wondering, is it best to get the offset poly radius arm bushes or the steel radius arm castor correction spacer? My radius arm bushes are stuffed and I would like to replace them with calpro, if possible.

growler2058
20th March 2014, 05:25 PM
How high are you lifting it?
Genuine bushes all the way
Drop boxers or extended arms for castor correction not shitty castor correction bushes

craigsQ
20th March 2014, 05:30 PM
I only want to do a 2 inch lift, enough to fit some 33 inch muddies. I have been told I need to correct the castor, so the tyres don't tear off the mud flaps.

threedogs
20th March 2014, 06:16 PM
I would think just 2"coils and shocks on a GQ is all that's required to run 33"s

AB
20th March 2014, 07:45 PM
I only want to do a 2 inch lift, enough to fit some 33 inch muddies. I have been told I need to correct the castor, so the tyres don't tear off the mud flaps.

Rear flaps will be generally fine but might want to fit chains to rear bar to stop them ripping under the tyres when reversing out of holes or rocks, etc.

Fronts will be punished and although illegal to do most people take front flaps off if no correction.

I always wanted to make up an easy take off front flap design for when you go 4wding. Like a clip arrangement or similar.

Not sure on other states but 100% illegal without all four mudflaps in vic.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app