PDA

View Full Version : Extractor time..

sil3nt_dr3ams
9th March 2014, 08:34 PM
Even tho I am going to turbo, until I get all my research together I would rather wait.

I broke a few exhaust mounts last week on 4wd trip, so I figured if I'm going to play with the exhaust I might as well put them headers I have hanging on the wall. I'll admit I'm winging this one using what I have on hand and hope I have an exhaust by tonight.

Its only got to last couple months.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/03/12.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/03/13.jpg

sil3nt_dr3ams
9th March 2014, 11:48 PM
Wont be wining any welding awards lovely gas less mig.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/03/14.jpg

threedogs
10th March 2014, 10:10 AM
Your motor will thank you for allowing it to breathe.
Don't forget the flexible joint ?

sil3nt_dr3ams
10th March 2014, 10:24 AM
Your motor will thank you for allowing it to breathe.
Don't forget the flexible joint ?

They wont be in there long enough. If you take a look at a lot of kits and on patrols a lot don't use a flexi join. I know its bad but its not a long term solution

threedogs
10th March 2014, 10:44 AM
wonder if your fuel figures will improve, will be interesting to see.
stock exhaust, headers and turbo with 3" system LOL

sil3nt_dr3ams
10th March 2014, 10:48 AM
haha, i'll bin everything from the head backwards. Its now a full 2.5 inch lucky system with wildcat headers.

Pearly
16th June 2014, 01:31 PM
Hey Threedogs you helped me before and im turning to you (and the forum) for a little more advice please... I just spied an old set of extractors for my RB30 in the wreckers - they are pulling them off now (paid just $110 - which i dont think is too bad up here in Cairns where such finds are rare) I might also get the whole system if its not been crushed under the body.

If i do need to get a whole new bottom end (Extractor to tail pipe) Should i assume that a 2 1/2" bottom end is the go? im thinking it would maintain some backpressure rather than 3" on a 3l motor? any thoughts on this??
also i see mention of a flexible section, again i assume that is advised? (Im not running any lift yet, plan a 2 " susp. lift in future tho) when maybe i can do a few more challenging (read rougher) tracks when shes up and running

BigRAWesty
16th June 2014, 01:47 PM
2.5 is perfect for a Na car mate..

threedogs
16th June 2014, 03:55 PM
As above a 2.5" will give you a extra gear if combined with some headers.
Might even give you a bit of a note as a plus.
Any mod that helps a stock motor breathe has to be good.
IMO this is the only performance mod that might see you better your fuel figures
once you slow down a bit after the excitement after first fitting it all.
I did this mod on a 3F petrol Tojo big improvement now I drive a patrol, bigger improvement lol

Pearly
16th June 2014, 07:22 PM
Nice thanks. fingers crossed it comes off the doner in 1 piece!

Ben-e-boy
16th June 2014, 08:54 PM
I had the same headers and 2.5 inch on my ute when I first bought it, I threw a K&N filter in and wound the fuel up a notch. It made 88rwhp, which isnt bad for an NA donk and got 10.4L/100

sil3nt_dr3ams
17th June 2014, 12:50 AM
How much did you increase the fuel by?

Pearly
17th June 2014, 08:54 PM
Dam issues with extracting the extractors - no go :(. So what after market extractors are recommended?

Ben-e-boy
17th June 2014, 09:13 PM
How much did you increase the fuel by?

Bugger all, it used to soot lightly under decent load. Maybe 1/8 turn