PDA

View Full Version : Lancruiser Mountain Park - 4th to 7th March (Replaces Janowen Hills Thread)

Pages : [1] 2

Bigrig
3rd February 2011, 05:51 PM
Howdy

Sorry for creating a new thread, but figured it's easier as I can't rename the other one ...

So locked and loaded on the dates: Friday 4th to Monday 7th March
www.landcruisermountainpark.com.au

There is shower and toilet facilities at the campsites - have a look at the map, however I was going to book us into the Gums campsite as the bloke who works there (Walter) told me that it is very flat so good for multiple spread out campsites ...

Attendees Confirmed (haven't listed kids nor names where I can't remember them!! lol):

1. Scott and Sandra (plus 4 kids) - Patrol and Jeep
2. Dave and Bec (plus 1 kid) - Patrol
3. David and Liz (plus 4 kids) - Patrol
4. Brett and Tash - BT50
5. Ryan (you bringing a mate, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, labradoodle, etc, ?? lol) - Patrol
6. Adam and a mate - Patrol
7. Tony (Benno) - Patrol

So that's about 12 people (plus kids) and 8 vehicles.

Still to confirm and/or get back to me:
1. Tony and ?? (and kids??) - Patrol
2. Tim and ?? (sorry mate, can't remember your missus' name - she can slap me!!:icon_bonk:) - Patrol
3. Cadbury and ?? - Patrol
4. Derek and ?? - wait for it ... Landcruiser!!!!!

And those below who I have PM'd or will do so today to remind them (some are new members so wouldn't have even seen the thread I guess):

1. andyc
2. coyote
3. cossy
4. jaxt
5. scrawn
6. lawnbowls (have you got his details Tim??)
7. b-4rd
8. MQ Mad
9. nanango
10. 07.coyote

I will PM them all tonight to suss interest.

Should be a cracker - not everyone is there for the whole time, but it's great that everyone is making an effort to get there at some point over the weekend. Top location, heaps of easy, moderate and extreme tracks - good fishing at the head of the Brisbane River (take the rods - we are!!) - huge open areas for any kids to run around in (all of ours are self managed/regulated when out at these places!!!! lol) - fresh water creeks for all and sundry to cool down in - and plenty of space in the campgrounds for everyone to have their own little piece of privacy away from the crowd for those "I just want to read a book and bludge moments" ... oh ... and space for a bloody big bonfire!!!!!!

Can't wait!! :trink13:

Bigrig
4th February 2011, 09:47 PM
Righto - Derek and his kids are in also!!

Shaping to be a beauty!!!

Bigrig
4th February 2011, 09:49 PM
Sorry for the "multi post" ...

Goes without saying that anyone going is more than welcome to bring other family and/or mates etc. Forgot to mention that (probably went without saying anyway!!).

NissanGQ4.2
4th February 2011, 09:58 PM
sounds like fun mate, wish i was closer so i could join u and rest of members attending in a drink around the "bomb" fire

Bigrig
4th February 2011, 10:05 PM
sounds like fun mate, which i was closer so i could join u and rest of members attending in a drink around the "bomb" fire

Me too old mate ... that's the ONLY problem as I see it with the forum as such - too many good people you want to meet, too many good trips being done and talked about that you want to go on ... too much distance in between!

NissanGQ4.2
4th February 2011, 10:08 PM
Me too old mate ... that's the ONLY problem as I see it with the forum as such - too many good people you want to meet, too many good trips being done and talked about that you want to go on ... too much distance in between!

that's life mate, but at least we can share a story and show some pics, and one day catch up for a meet :)

Bigrig
4th February 2011, 10:10 PM
that's life mate, but at least we can share a story and show some pics, and one day catch up for a meet :)

Too true mate.

AB
4th February 2011, 10:55 PM
Very organised Scotty, very impressed mate!

Take heaps of happy snaps and plenty of stories to tell I hope!

Cadbury
4th February 2011, 11:10 PM
My wife and I and out 2 kids are very keen.
My son is 9 and our daughter is 2. How old are the other kids.
Thanks for organising this
Cheers
Tim

Dhuck
4th February 2011, 11:39 PM
My boy is 5 1/2 mate. There will be several other kids under 10 and a few over. Will be a bloody good weekend.

Dave

Bigrig
5th February 2011, 01:25 AM
Very organised Scotty, very impressed mate!

Take heaps of happy snaps and plenty of stories to tell I hope!

There will be heaps of both mate!!!

Bigrig
5th February 2011, 01:30 AM
My boy is 5 1/2 mate. There will be several other kids under 10 and a few over. Will be a bloody good weekend.

Dave

Well said old mate - as for kids so far (including dhucks above) - listed as sex and age - girl 2, girl 3, boy 4, boy 5, girl 5, girl 6, boy 9, girl 10, girl 11, boy 15 with more to come by the sounds of it ... i.e. they will have a ball mate!! Plenty of area to run around and get their energy out!!

Dhuck
5th February 2011, 10:22 AM
Holy crap we will have a day care center

Bigrig
5th February 2011, 10:29 AM

LOL!!! Yeah mate, but as you know, kids are easy work at places like this - heaps of area to explore and run around in and burn off all their energy - as said, mine self manage pretty well camping (and love sleeping in tents - go figure!!) and if they make a mess ... who cares!!! LoL!!

Dhuck
5th February 2011, 10:37 AM
Unfortunately this is Caidens 1st camping trip. So don't know whats going to happen. However he is a bit like your kids and self manages well.

Bigrig
5th February 2011, 11:09 AM
Unfortunately this is Caidens 1st camping trip. So don't know whats going to happen. However he is a bit like your kids and self manages well.

He'll be right champion! Throw those wello's on and he'll be off and racing!!!

Dhuck
5th February 2011, 12:00 PM
Just look at what he was like Beerburrum. Look out women, the little womanizer in on his way.

benno
5th February 2011, 09:33 PM
Howdy

I should be right for the weekend, 2 or 3 nights the weekend date suits me fine, my wife couldn't get the time off and not really that worried, we don't have kids so I will just be flouting solo which is fine by me, keen to do some fishing as well.

Cheers Tony

Bigrig
5th February 2011, 10:10 PM
Howdy

I should be right for the weekend, 2 or 3 nights the weekend date suits me fine, my wife couldn't get the time off and not really that worried, we don't have kids so I will just be flouting solo which is fine by me, keen to do some fishing as well.

Cheers Tony

Superb! I'll PM those who've confirmed over the coming week or so to lock everything in and will book the sites tomorrow.

benno
6th February 2011, 11:10 AM
Hi Guys and girls,

Sorry to muck you around, but looks as though it's not a good one for me, so don't book anything for me and if I make it up for a night I'll just sort out my own booking, just need to know where you are, sorry about that but these things happen.

Cheers Tony.

Dhuck
6th February 2011, 11:41 AM
no hassles mate

Bigrig
6th February 2011, 12:36 PM
Hi Guys and girls,

Sorry to muck you around, but looks as though it's not a good one for me, so don't book anything for me and if I make it up for a night I'll just sort out my own booking, just need to know where you are, sorry about that but these things happen.

Cheers Tony.

Too easy mate - on the map we will be at the Gums campsite. Let me know if you want some info on getting there - straight forward as such, but one of those drives where you think "where the hell is this place?" ...LOL

benno
6th February 2011, 09:12 PM
No worries, thanks for that, I've checked the map, seen where the Gums is so we will see what happens.

Cheers Tony.

Finly Owner
6th February 2011, 10:11 PM
2. Tim and ?? (sorry mate, can't remember your missus' name - she can slap me!!:icon_bonk:) - Patrol
Me yes, dia no, Tony maybe not spoken about yet, otherwise another mate may.
lawnbowls (have you got his details Tim??)
No just pm him

Finly Owner
6th February 2011, 10:13 PM
at least you're bringing a day care worker

Dhuck
6th February 2011, 10:53 PM
at least you're bringing a day care worker

she will be away for a 4 day weekend but I will bring my missus. lol

Bigrig
10th February 2011, 01:24 PM
So we have:

Scott and Sandra plus 4 kids - 2 cars
David and Liz plus 4 kids
Dave and Bec plus 1 kid
Finly Tim (plus mate possibly)
Ryan, wife plus 2 kids (plus another mate and vehicle potentially)
Benno Tony
Derek plus mate and kids
Adam and mate

With the following still to confirm:

YNOT Tony (plus family?)
Cadbury Tim, wife and 2 kids (looking probable at this stage)

I've PM'd about another 5 or so, but haven't heard anything yet from all bar one (who can't make it).

Soooo ... It's shaping to be a beauty ... as AB stated - plenty of happy snaps and videos will be the order of the weekend!!

Bob
10th February 2011, 01:44 PM
Quite a Crew there Bigrig. It will be bigger than our upcoming Weekend but we will all still have some fun. Hope yours goes well and make sure that you only drink in moderation

Bigrig
10th February 2011, 02:24 PM
Quite a Crew there Bigrig. It will be bigger than our upcoming Weekend but we will all still have some fun. Hope yours goes well and make sure that you only drink in moderation

Thanks mate - as they say, size doesn't matter!! LoL ... It's just good to get away with folks and relax. Not sure what you mean by drink in moderation though? We'll probably not subscribe to that concept, but I stick to Gold these days (no spirits etc when camping) so I should be ok!! LOL!!

You guys will have a ball also - a bad day 4wd'ing is better than a good day in the office!!

Dhuck
10th February 2011, 05:59 PM
Can't seem to find a place called moderation on google maps

Bigrig
10th February 2011, 06:02 PM
Can't seem to find a place called moderation on google maps

Very good mate ... why didn't I think of that? LOL!!

I can't wait for this trip!!!

Cadbury
10th February 2011, 09:44 PM
A can of gold..................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bring it on.
Cheers
Tim

Dhuck
10th February 2011, 10:34 PM
The count down is on in my house. I've been doin the counting for the boy. But I think I am a bit more excited than him.

Dhuck
11th February 2011, 05:54 PM
Bec has to work the Friday, but we will be there mid to late afternoon. How does Muttly from Wacky Races show he is not happy.

Bigrig
11th February 2011, 06:00 PM
Bec has to work the Friday, but we will be there mid to late afternoon. How does Muttly from Wacky Races show he is not happy.

This is unacceptable!! Who do I need to call????

What time does she finish???

What the hell is going on in this country when people are expected to work on Fridays???

Dhuck
11th February 2011, 06:08 PM
Call Lisa on 380559##. She should finish about 12. Normal ppl work Fridays. Sorry mate you finish work when you wake of a morning. ROFL

Bigrig
11th February 2011, 09:05 PM
Call Lisa on 380559##. She should finish about 12. Normal ppl work Fridays. Sorry mate you finish work when you wake of a morning. ROFL

Well I'm sure there is others out there who wake in the morning feeling dreary, eyes are sleepy, bedsheets are all messed up ... and they, just like me, know how truly hard sleep can be!!!! LOL!!!

Dhuck
11th February 2011, 09:53 PM
My alarm goes off at 6:30 and still can't get out of bed till 6:50 and then am rushing to get me and my boy ready of a morning

Bigrig
12th February 2011, 09:50 AM
My alarm goes off at 6:30 and still can't get out of bed till 6:50 and then am rushing to get me and my boy ready of a morning

I'm up with the sun brother - the kids can fight for themselves!! I love the mad rush of 4 kids trying to get ready for school whilst I casually sip my coffee and draw on a smoke!!!

Nothing will change at camping either!!! LOL

Dhuck
12th February 2011, 10:24 AM
camping is a different story. fight for your own right

Bigrig
15th February 2011, 06:54 PM
Bump - whitewulf, you interested?? Very much a family weekend away ... with lots of 4wd'ing!!!!

Dhuck
15th February 2011, 07:17 PM
and cold beverages.

Whitewulf
16th February 2011, 11:31 AM
Very Interested, Just checked with the wife to see if she can get time off.
May only be able to make it for Sunday as the wife works graveyard shifts (Tue- Sat)
What time does the park gates open ?

Will arrange our own day pass for Sunday - Me (Cory) Wife (Julie) and 3 kids 8,10,14 as can only stay the day.

Dhuck
16th February 2011, 01:17 PM
sounds good mate. I dunno what time the gates open. Scotty should

Bigrig
16th February 2011, 04:22 PM
Very Interested, Just checked with the wife to see if she can get time off.
May only be able to make it for Sunday as the wife works graveyard shifts (Tue- Sat)
What time does the park gates open ?

Will arrange our own day pass for Sunday - Me (Cory) Wife (Julie) and 3 kids 8,10,14 as can only stay the day.

No gate times as such, they are always open - the office hours are on the website, but if you arrive before that opens, then just head straight to the gums campsite to meet up and we can go back when they open to get a permit. Hope to see you there mate!

Airstrike
16th February 2011, 04:52 PM
Hi Mate I am 100% in with my Daughter (6) Maybe wife if she feels like leaving the lair......(sometimes breaths fire)

Dhuck
16th February 2011, 05:41 PM
Is all good Ryan mine aint much different (burps grunts farts and then breaths fire)

Bigrig
16th February 2011, 05:53 PM
Hi Mate I am 100% in with my Daughter (6) Maybe wife if she feels like leaving the lair......(sometimes breaths fire)

Good stuff - sent you a text today also (did u get it? About wheel and trip?). We'll organise the logistics over the coming week or so. So far confirmed:

Scott and Sandra plus 4
David and Liz plus 4
Dave and Bec plus 1
Adam and mate
Derek plus 2 kids (maybe wife also)
Ryan plus 1 kid (maybe wife also)
Tony (ben-e-boy)
Tim (Finly) plus mate?

With the following to confirm:
Tony (YNOT) and wife plus 2
Whitewulf as per above
Tim (Cadbury) and wife plus 2
Cory (MQ Mad)
Jaxt and ??
A bunch of others who haven't responded (scrawn, lawnbowls, dasha, etc).

So 9 vehicles with the potential for 6+ more, 12 adults with the potential for 11+ more, and 12 kids with the potential for 7+ more!!!!!! (the + signs represent those who haven't responded yet).

It will be awesome!!!!!! I think everyone has my mobile number, but if not PM me and I'll shoot it through - I'll get email addresses if possible also to shoot through other details rather than keep posting it up here.

Thanks all.

Dhuck
16th February 2011, 06:04 PM
he will send it to them and cc him and bcc the other

benno
16th February 2011, 09:45 PM
Hope to still catch up with you all for a night or 2, just see what happens.

Cheers Tony.

Dhuck
16th February 2011, 09:59 PM
in the words of Leyton Hewitt "cmon"

Bigrig
17th February 2011, 06:55 AM
Good stuff - sent you a text today also (did u get it? About wheel and trip?). We'll organise the logistics over the coming week or so. So far confirmed:

Scott and Sandra plus 4
David and Liz plus 4
Dave and Bec plus 1
Adam and mate
Tony (ben-e-boy)
Tim (Finly) plus mate?

Whitewulf as per above
Cory (MQ Mad)
Jaxt and ??

So 9 vehicles with the potential for 6+ more, 12 adults with the potential for 11+ more, and 12 kids with the potential for 7+ more!!!!!! (the + signs represent those who haven't responded yet).

It will be awesome!!!!!! I think everyone has my mobile number, but if not PM me and I'll shoot it through - I'll get email addresses if possible also to shoot through other details rather than keep posting it up here.

Thanks all.

Add Tony (benno) to the confirmed (nearly!! lol) list also!!!

Going to be a cracker!!!!

Ben-e-boy
17th February 2011, 05:59 PM
I'm in for a day trip +1

Cheers
Benny

Bigrig
17th February 2011, 06:25 PM
I'm in for a day trip +1

Cheers
Benny

Bootiful!!!!

Dhuck
17th February 2011, 07:48 PM
Might as well just book the park out hey.

Finly Owner
17th February 2011, 11:13 PM
looks like I'm out unless things change with work.

Bigrig
18th February 2011, 08:08 AM
looks like I'm out unless things change with work.

Slacker!!! Putting work before play!!!! LOL

No worries mate - there'll be more - hope things change with work though! lol

Bigrig
20th February 2011, 09:35 AM
Bump - for cossy and Silver.

Bigrig
20th February 2011, 09:40 AM
Updated list:

Scott and Sandra plus 4
David and Liz plus 4
Dave and Bec plus 1
Adam and mate
Benny (ben-e-boy)
Tony (benno)

Whitewulf
Cory (MQ Mad)
Jaxt
Cossy
Silver

Dhuck
20th February 2011, 09:58 AM
We are on the way of getting ready. Just re-seasoned our frying pan after 5 years or more of it sitting around waiting to be used again. Me and Bec sitting out the back last knight writing down a list of food and other stuff we need to take.

Bigrig
20th February 2011, 10:14 AM
We are on the way of getting ready. Just re-seasoned our frying pan after 5 years or more of it sitting around waiting to be used again. Me and Bec sitting out the back last knight writing down a list of food and other stuff we need to take.

Wow! You are so prepared!! I usually start giving thought to what we should take about 25 minutes after leaving!!! LMFAO!!! Yes, I'm hopeless ...

Dhuck
20th February 2011, 10:40 AM
Ah mate I just to looking forward to getting there and laying back for a good weekend.

nowoolies
20th February 2011, 11:41 AM
i thought you guys renamed the mountain fairyland park ???????????????? lol

Bigrig
20th February 2011, 11:52 AM
i thought you guys renamed the mountain fairyland park ???????????????? lol

Yes sir we have!!! LOL ...

nowoolies
20th February 2011, 12:05 PM
so yer gunna downgrade to a t...t....t.....cant say it ..less then a nissan for the trip .......
just so the drive is a bit hard ??????????????????

Dhuck
20th February 2011, 01:19 PM
Never and if I were you I wouldn't even contemplate swearing like that. The boys in the big stick club may ban you. lol.

Dhuck
20th February 2011, 01:22 PM
I have been keeping my eye on the 2 week forecast for Sunny Coast. Hope it is similar for Fairy Land cause so far it's looking good.

Bigrig
20th February 2011, 01:25 PM
I have been keeping my eye on the 2 week forecast for Sunny Coast. Hope it is similar for Fairy Land cause so far it's looking good.

Sweet!! Can't wait!!

nowoolies
20th February 2011, 01:27 PM
Never and if I were you I wouldn't even contemplate swearing like that. The boys in the big stick club may ban you. lol.

roflmas
so yer gunna take the easy way out on the mountain you gunna drive the NISSAN LOL

Bigrig
20th February 2011, 01:41 PM
roflmas
so yer gunna take the easy way out on the mountain you gunna drive the NISSAN LOL

Yep - and recover Tojo's !!! LOL ...

Dhuck - I still have that video of the cruiser that got stuck on the same track I had just gone up ... I'm so torn as to whether to post it!!! LOL ... don't exactly have the guys permission!!!! And his plates are all over the video!!! Damn it ... why can't it be simple to remove plates in a video ... they do it on the news all the time!!! LOL

Dhuck
20th February 2011, 01:44 PM
I can do editing but have not worked that one out yet.

Bigrig
20th February 2011, 07:13 PM
Updated list:

Scott and Sandra plus 4
David and Liz plus 4
Dave and Bec plus 1
Adam and mate
Benny (ben-e-boy)
Tony (benno)

Whitewulf
Cory (MQ Mad)
Jaxt
Cossy
Silver
Dasha (sorry mate - forgot to add you after PM)

YNOT
20th February 2011, 07:48 PM
I'm planning to be there with the stuntman (my son Malcolm) as co-driver just for Saturday. If my wife has anything to do with it I'll be bringing pocket rocket (Ben) as well.

Tony

Bigrig
20th February 2011, 08:53 PM
I'm planning to be there with the stuntman (my son Malcolm) as co-driver just for Saturday. If my wife has anything to do with it I'll be bringing pocket rocket (Ben) as well.

Tony

Top stuff mate. Glad you could make it!

Dhuck
20th February 2011, 09:17 PM
Long bloody way to go for one day Tony. Might have to have a few drinks and stay the night.

Bigrig
20th February 2011, 09:20 PM
Long bloody way to go for one day Tony. Might have to have a few drinks and stay the night.

Here here!! But either way, be great to have you up there!!

Dhuck
20th February 2011, 09:21 PM
I might not be Bisexual but I will take it either way

Bigrig
20th February 2011, 09:26 PM
I might not be Bisexual but I will take it either way

Ummm ... ok? .... LOL!!!

Finly Owner
20th February 2011, 10:27 PM
i'm worried about Dave. Everyone had better padlock their tents. LOL

Bigrig
20th February 2011, 10:49 PM
i'm worried about Dave. Everyone had better padlock their tents. LOL

LOL!!! yeah, starting to think a canvas tent just isn't enough protection now!!! LMFAO

Finly Owner
20th February 2011, 11:01 PM
LOL!!! yeah, starting to think a canvas tent just isn't enough protection now!!! LMFAO
loaded sawn off shottie maybe the answer. roflmao

Dhuck
20th February 2011, 11:04 PM
strange things with family is called incest. That aint me.

Bigrig
20th February 2011, 11:07 PM
strange things with family is called incest. That aint me.

Yeah, but what about strange things with the native wildlife?? I consider myself native wildlife, hence the fear!!!! LMFAO!!

Finly Owner
20th February 2011, 11:14 PM
It's Dhuck opening Day...........

Dhuck
20th February 2011, 11:15 PM
dunno wich one is more true. Native or wild life. Thought you were more flora than fauna

Bigrig
20th February 2011, 11:19 PM
dunno wich one is more true. Native or wild life. Thought you were more flora than fauna

LOL!!! Doesn't matter which one you think I am, still worries me. Flora - in your mind, like the butter, will 'spread for bread'. And Fauna - in your mind, short for 'fauna cate' !!!! ROFLMFAO!!!

Oh Scotney ... I could play this card for ages yet!! LOL

Dhuck
20th February 2011, 11:21 PM
your a tripper mate.

Bigrig
20th February 2011, 11:24 PM
your a tripper mate.

Dead set giggling typing that last one out!!

nowoolies
20th February 2011, 11:25 PM
not sure if i want to come back to Queensland now this post is frightening .......................lmao

Dhuck
20th February 2011, 11:26 PM
is just a hell of a place to party and put sh!t on ppl

nowoolies
20th February 2011, 11:28 PM
i could handle that lol just pass more beer !!!!

Bigrig
20th February 2011, 11:31 PM
i could handle that lol just pass more beer !!!!

Done!! So you coming up for the weekend??? LOL

Finly Owner
20th February 2011, 11:32 PM
Done!! So you coming up for the weekend??? LOL
Just keep him away from Dhucks for at least first 12hrs......

nowoolies
20th February 2011, 11:45 PM
man i would love too but you guys a just a tad far away for a weekender lmao

BUTill have a six pac for you`s

Bigrig
21st February 2011, 06:32 PM
Updated list:

Scott and Sandra plus 4 (Friday morning through to Monday arvo)
David and Liz plus 4 (Friday arvo through to Sunday arvo)
Dave and Bec plus 1 (Friday arvo through to Monday arvo)
Adam and mate (Saturday and Sunday)
Derek plus 2 kids (maybe wife also) - (not sure yet)
Ryan plus 1 kid (maybe wife also) (Friday morning through to Sunday arvo or Monday?)
Benny (ben-e-boy) - (Saturday and Sunday)
Tony (benno)
Tony (YNOT) plus 1 or 2 kids - (Saturday)

Whitewulf
Cory (MQ Mad)
Jaxt
Cossy
Silver

As said, camping in the Gums campsite (about 6 klms from the office) and more than likely we'll go with channel 12 just to avoid any other banter that may be happening. Either way, on arrival, if you call and get no response, try both channels 12 and 10. I'll post up a mud map of how to get there for those that are unsure.

Bigrig
24th February 2011, 10:28 AM
Updated list:

Scott and Sandra plus 4 (Friday morning through to Monday arvo)
David and Liz plus 4 (Friday arvo through to Sunday arvo)
Dave and Bec plus 1 (Friday arvo through to Monday arvo)
Adam and mate (Saturday and Sunday)
Derek plus 2 kids (maybe wife also) - (not sure yet)
Ryan plus 1 kid (maybe wife also) (Friday morning through to Sunday arvo or Monday?)
Benny (ben-e-boy) - (Saturday and Sunday)
Tony (benno)
Tony (YNOT) plus 1 or 2 kids - (Saturday)

Whitewulf
Cory (MQ Mad)
Jaxt
Cossy
Silver

As said, camping in the Gums campsite (about 6 klms from the office) and more than likely we'll go with channel 12 just to avoid any other banter that may be happening. Either way, on arrival, if you call and get no response, try both channels 12 and 10. I'll post up a mud map of how to get there for those that are unsure.

Hey hey - another possible - nickpeacock36 jsut got back to me and should be good for a day at least and possibly overnight with the family!! Top stuff, the more the merrier ...

Bob
24th February 2011, 10:38 AM
Looks like a great weekend coming up with good numbers. a Tad more people than us for this weekend but I am quite sure we will enjoy ourselves .
You all have a great trip

nowoolies
24th February 2011, 10:49 AM
i still say this thread needs a name change to fairyland park
lmao

Bigrig
24th February 2011, 11:30 AM
Looks like a great weekend coming up with good numbers. a Tad more people than us for this weekend but I am quite sure we will enjoy ourselves .
You all have a great trip

Thanks Bob - as we young men are told from an early age - size desn't matter, it's what you do with it!!! LOL ... you guys will have a ball also, and great to see more forum trips being organised.

Ben-e-boy
24th February 2011, 06:04 PM
Hey big rig I'm in for saturday only gotta work sunday

Bigrig
24th February 2011, 06:56 PM
Hey big rig I'm in for saturday only gotta work sunday

No worries mate - see u there!!!

Dhuck
27th February 2011, 10:26 AM
A bit of bad news weather wise. The weekend looks as though it will be wet. Noooooooooooooooo.

Bigrig
27th February 2011, 10:53 AM
A bit of bad news weather wise. The weekend looks as though it will be wet. Noooooooooooooooo.

It'll all be good - stay positive grasshopper!! LOL

Dhuck
27th February 2011, 11:48 AM
Yes sensei

nowoolies
27th February 2011, 12:20 PM
MUD ......MUD .........AND EVEN MORE MUD
what more could you ask for lol

Dhuck
27th February 2011, 12:32 PM
Sunny clear days. They will happen.

Think positive........Mmmmmm positive thoughts..........I am positive...........It's gonna rain

nowoolies
27th February 2011, 12:46 PM
gready thats what you lot are keeping all the rain to your selves,... lmao .....rain not sure if i can rember what thats like send it over here and a lot of it pleeaaaasssseeee we need it
then you can have a dry run 4x4ing dry run as in rain not grog lmao

Airstrike
27th February 2011, 11:08 PM
Howdy howdy, Ryan and wife + 1 (6 y.o) Andrew and Wife + 2 (6 y.o and 3 y.o) Saturday morning till late sunday. Had to cut short sorry. Getting to busty at work :(

Dhuck
27th February 2011, 11:12 PM
Cool still will be a good weekend.

YNOT
27th February 2011, 11:41 PM
Howdy howdy, Ryan and wife + 1 (6 y.o) Andrew and Wife + 2 (6 y.o and 3 y.o) Saturday morning till late sunday. Had to cut short sorry. Getting to busty at work :(

Where exactly do you work?

Tony

Woof
27th February 2011, 11:49 PM

Poor Princess doesn't want to get his hair wet......lololololol

Dhuck
28th February 2011, 12:01 AM

I melt when I get wet. Or is that I get wet when turned on! Mmmmmmmm confused

Finly Owner
28th February 2011, 12:18 AM
Doggie if you saw him, you would appreciate that when he gets wet he shrivels up, well there's not a lot of him left to shrivel up.
LMAO.

Dhuck
28th February 2011, 09:10 AM
Yes only a little man. All 5ft5 1/2 of me.

Airstrike
28th February 2011, 09:26 AM
I run my own business 2 of them and one is very demanding at the moment

Whitewulf
1st March 2011, 09:32 AM
.: Confirmed :.

Will be attending Sunday for breakfast ;)

EDIT: ( 2 Adults 3 Kids)

Dhuck
1st March 2011, 09:33 AM
Eeeeeeeeexcelent

Bigrig
1st March 2011, 10:56 AM
.: Confirmed :.

Will be attending Sunday for breakfast ;)

Top stuff mate - don't go out of your way to bring gear if you're only there for a short stay - there will be plenty of cookers/burners and utensils there, so just some food if you want something specific (even that there will be plenty of, so don't feel obliged to carry a fridge/esky just to get your food up there - I'm sure we'll be able to scrape together a feed for you and the family!!! LOL).

Can't wait!!!

Bigrig
1st March 2011, 01:29 PM
Updated list:

Scott and Sandra plus 4 - Friday to Monday
Dave and Bec plus 1 - Friday to Monday
Adam and mate - Saturday and Sunday
Ryan and wife plus 1 - Saturday and Sunday
Andrew and wife plus 2 - Saturday and Sunday
Benny (ben-e-boy) - Saturday
Tony (benno) - TBC
Tony (YNOT) and Malcolm - Saturday
Whitewulf plus ? - Sunday

Cory (MQ Mad)
Jaxt
Cossy
Silver
Dasha
Nickpeacock36

So that makes it 15 confirmed adults, just as many if not more kids (God help us!! LOL), and 11 vehicles throughout the weekend (3 Friday, 10 Saturday, 8 or so Sunday, 3 Monday) ... rain, hail or shine, it will be fantastic to get together, have a few quiet ones and meet up with everyone - looking forward to a VERY relaxing weekend ...

For those of you who are a bit none the wiser on how to get there - a bit of detail below:

If you are heading up the Bruce Highway

1. Take the Kilcoy turn off (D'Aguilar Highway - reset your trip meter) and follow this all the way to Kilcoy (52.2 klms from the Highway Exit)
2. As you enter Kilcoy - this is the last opportunity to get petrol, so probably best to fill up - as you enter town, go past the pub on the left and turn left into Mary Street (main road, still D'Aguilar Highway) - follow this to the bottom of the hill and there is a BP petrol station on the corner on your right. If not getting petrol, go to point 4.
3. If you went to the petrol station - come back out of the petrol station and back up Mary Street back to the main road you came in on, turn left at the T junction (where you turned off to go get petrol).
4. Follow the main street as you enter Kilcoy to the roundabout at the top of the hill and turn right (Kennedy Street - reset your trip meter) and this is Kilcoy Murgon Road
5. Follow Kilcoy Murgon Road for 56.7 klms (takes about an hour) - don't take any turnoffs etc - keep following and eventually the road turns to gravel - keep following and Landcruiser Park is on the left - follow the road into the office (about 6 klms), grab your permit and a map, and head to the Gums camping ground.

We'll probably stay on channel 10, but if there is heaps of other banter, try channel 12 to get us also.

All the best eveyone - will be a cracker!!!

jaxt
1st March 2011, 02:43 PM
I'm out for this bigrig, sorry mate. enjoy yourselves
I will be at moreton/tangalooma though....

Silver
1st March 2011, 03:49 PM
g'day, don't think we will be making it, but if so will make own arrangements - is there a way of identifying the crowd at the campground?

Silver

Bigrig
1st March 2011, 04:29 PM
I'm out for this bigrig, sorry mate. enjoy yourselves
I will be at moreton/tangalooma though....

No worries mate.

Bigrig
1st March 2011, 04:59 PM
g'day, don't think we will be making it, but if so will make own arrangements - is there a way of identifying the crowd at the campground?

Silver

No worries - the cars would be the easiest way - but that said I don't think there is anyone else booked into the Gums camp grounds. Hope to see you there.

Ben-e-boy
1st March 2011, 06:12 PM
No worries - the cars would be the easiest way.

You'll hear mine

Dhuck
1st March 2011, 06:21 PM
You'll hear mine

hope it aint to loud you'll scare the animals and I don't wanna run away. Quack quack

Whitewulf
1st March 2011, 06:25 PM
just a tip -
The wife was speaking to he brother earlier and was told that they have not finished fixing some of the tracks or the new map. Some of the green tracks are now red, some of the yellow are red.
And to be careful of cruiser canyon as the rains have exposed a large rock that they have yet to pull out. Last weekend was a killer in towing fees for the park as 90% of 4x4 going up had to be towed out.

(He helps with the fixing/making of the tracks)

Bigrig
1st March 2011, 06:40 PM
just a tip -
The wife was speaking to he brother earlier and was told that they have not finished fixing some of the tracks or the new map. Some of the green tracks are now red, some of the yellow are red.
And to be careful of cruiser canyon as the rains have exposed a large rock that they have yet to pull out. Last weekend was a killer in towing fees for the park as 90% of 4x4 going up had to be towed out.

(He helps with the fixing/making of the tracks)

Thanks mate - I was up there a couple of weeks back and the place copped some damage. That said, they are eating through it, and with over 200klms of tracks, we should be right ... we did some green tracks (got through) that should definitely have been labelled red, but I could imagine before the rain washed them out, they would have been dead easy ... should make for interesting times!!!

DX grunt
1st March 2011, 06:43 PM

Silver

Look for Bigrig's empty beer cans lying all around his truck and campsite. lol.

However, after last weekend's session, he might be drying out. lol

Ben-e-boy
1st March 2011, 06:48 PM
well i'm aiming to get there about 8.30-9.00am on saturday so you may be able to sort out some cover close to the camp and if needed you can use this for a safe and quick escape

Dhuck
1st March 2011, 07:04 PM
Cool we will need plenty of cover rain or shine

Bigrig
1st March 2011, 07:21 PM
Look for Bigrig's empty beer cans lying all around his truck and campsite. lol.

However, after last weekend's session, he might be drying out. lol

Having one right now mate!! LOL - the only thing that's going to fix me up!!

Airstrike
1st March 2011, 07:24 PM
So I am going to ask a silly question..... WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING!!!!!

Dhuck
1st March 2011, 07:26 PM
ya truck some food and somewhere to sleep. and plenty of beer

Bigrig
1st March 2011, 07:27 PM
We should have oodles of cover - I've got two large tarps and dhuck has the biggest tarp in Australia!! LOL ... as said, rain, hail or shine we will have a ball ...

Dhuck
1st March 2011, 07:29 PM
What time and where this side of the bridge are we gonna meet.

Airstrike
1st March 2011, 07:33 PM
Who's doing a saturday morning trip up?

Dhuck
1st March 2011, 07:35 PM
My brother and my missus are heading up saturday morn but time is not set yet

Bigrig
1st March 2011, 07:38 PM
What time and where this side of the bridge are we gonna meet.

BP on the Bruce Highway just before the D'Aguilar Highway turnoff?? Aim for 10 to half 10??

Airstrike
1st March 2011, 07:39 PM
I am heading up with a guy who knows the way pretty well but where to meet up in the park?!?!?!?!

Bigrig
1st March 2011, 07:40 PM
Who's doing a saturday morning trip up?

Adam and Bec (Redman), Tony and his kids (YNOT), I think Benny (ben-e-boy), Tony (Benno) ... PM a few to organise to meetup on the way mate ...

Airstrike
1st March 2011, 07:40 PM
Bigrig did you get the message about the steering wheel?

Dhuck
1st March 2011, 07:41 PM
BP on the Bruce Highway just before the D'Aguilar Highway turnoff?? Aim for 10 to half 10??

Thats not this side of the bridge. Maybe just have to head to your place and leave from there with yas

Bigrig
1st March 2011, 07:44 PM
I am heading up with a guy who knows the way pretty well but where to meet up in the park?!?!?!?!

Use channel 10 on the UHF after you leave the office on the way to the campsite - its about 7 klms from the office to the campsite and I would reckon with all the tracks around it, I'd suggest we wouldn't be far away anyway so will pick you up at some point when you get closer ... we'll head back as people call in and help setup.

Bigrig
1st March 2011, 07:45 PM
Thats not this side of the bridge. Maybe just have to head to your place and leave from there with yas

Too easy - lob on over as soon as you're ready.

Bigrig
1st March 2011, 07:46 PM
Bigrig did you get the message about the steering wheel?

Sh!t - I did mate ... you want to do it tomorrow arvo?? Other than that, we can bring up some wire/connectors and do it at the park - either way, too easy.

Dhuck
1st March 2011, 08:03 PM
Sh!t - I did mate ... you want to do it tomorrow arvo?? Other than that, we can bring up some wire/connectors and do it at the park - either way, too easy.

what what what?

Airstrike
1st March 2011, 08:09 PM
tomorrow arvo if possible sorry to spring it on you but I want to full mario kart experience

Bigrig
1st March 2011, 08:13 PM
tomorrow arvo if possible sorry to spring it on you but I want to full mario kart experience

LOL!! No worries - you want to lob over my joint?

Dhuck
1st March 2011, 08:29 PM
what what what?

Dhuck
1st March 2011, 08:45 PM
Doesn't matter I sussed it. Next time I will open my eyes when I read. Me D!ckhead

Sir Roofy
1st March 2011, 09:39 PM
sounds like an other awsome w/end comming up
lots of pics and write ups

Bigrig
1st March 2011, 10:04 PM
sounds like an other awsome w/end comming up
lots of pics and write ups

Done deal mate - very excited!

Dhuck
1st March 2011, 10:26 PM
The countdown has nearly ended. I will try for another sleep tonight. Then it is only 2 sleeps. I don't know if I can sleep any more nights.

Bigrig
2nd March 2011, 12:48 PM
Dhuck - we need to sort the esky situation ... the missus is doing silly stuff like organising food to go in there ... I'm rapidly losing space for the grog!!!! LOL ... the way I figured it is as follows:

1. Away for approximately 76 hours door to door ...
2. 3 hours there and 3 hours back - 70 hours remaining
3. no drinking 12 hours prior to departure - 58 hours remaining
4. allow 6 hours per night for sleeping - 3 nights equals 18 hours - 40 hours remaining
5. working on an average consumption rate of 3 cans per hour x 2 people equals 240 cans (8 x 30 packs)
6. do you see our dilemma?? LOL

I suppose I could take a few hours off for breakfast each day, and another few each day whilst we are 4wd'ing to reduce the number ... but let me state clearly ... I am sick of all the sacrifices I am making for this trip!!!! LMFAO!!!

YNOT
2nd March 2011, 01:40 PM
Dhuck - we need to sort the esky situation ... the missus is doing silly stuff like organising food to go in there ... I'm rapidly losing space for the grog!!!! LOL ... the way I figured it is as follows:

4. allow 6 hours per night for sleeping - 3 nights equals 18 hours - 40 hours remaining
5. working on an average consumption rate of 3 cans per hour x 2 people equals 240 cans (8 x 30 packs)

I suppose I could take a few hours off for breakfast each day, and another few each day whilst we are 4wd'ing to reduce the number ... but let me state clearly ... I am sick of all the sacrifices I am making for this trip!!!! LMFAO!!!

I should know better than to suggest things like this!!!

Tony

Bob
2nd March 2011, 01:50 PM

Hey Bigrig if you did not drink between 6.00am and Midday that would save another 18 Hours and cut down to two cans per hour you would only need to take 88 Cans. You could also stop Drinking whilst Eating and having a Wash (Or is that talking dirty). With a bit more effort on your part you should be able to fit your can requirements within a 6 Pack Esky LOFLMAO

YNOT
2nd March 2011, 02:01 PM
Hey Bigrig if you did not drink between 6.00am and Midday that would save another 18 Hours and cut down to two cans per hour you would only need to take 88 Cans. You could also stop Drinking whilst Eating and having a Wash (Or is that talking dirty). With a bit more effort on your part you should be able to fit your can requirements within a 6 Pack Esky LOFLMAO

Them's fighting words Bob!

Tony

Bigrig
2nd March 2011, 04:33 PM

Tony

So now we've figured out what I'm going to sleep in, what are we going to put the grog in?? LMFAO!!!! ... all good mate ... I've decided that this being married stuff means compromise at times, so I have decided that things like froot (did I spell that correctly?? LOL) and those green things that are usually beside the meat in a McDonalds burger are to be allowed into the eskies at the expense of "some" space for beers ... LOL!!!

Bigrig
2nd March 2011, 04:37 PM
Bobby boy ... have you learned nothing since being here?? 6 cans would probably only see me half way through the unpacking ... then there would be no point in continuing to unpack, and even worse, I wouldn't have any beers to consume whilst repacking ... so much confusion, and we're only an hour into the trip!!! .. LOL!!!

Dhuck
2nd March 2011, 05:26 PM
Yes mate there is a bit of a problem here. My compromise is 2 30 packs for the weekend. That is making it bloody tight but I will try. I only have 1 dog house and the dog still uses it.

Bigrig
2nd March 2011, 06:26 PM
Yes mate there is a bit of a problem here. My compromise is 2 30 packs for the weekend. That is making it bloody tight but I will try. I only have 1 dog house and the dog still uses it.

All sorted - borrowed a trailer, taking hot cartons .... phew!!! That was close!!! LOL

How bloody hot and humid has it been? To semi quote the movie "it's gunna be hot and wet, great if you're with a lady, baaaad if you're in the bush"!!! LOL

Nearly packed - just pick up ice and some cold stuff on Friday morning and then we get the flock outta here!!!

Dhuck
2nd March 2011, 08:14 PM
We almost done. Come home after work and load up.

Finly Owner
2nd March 2011, 10:30 PM

TonyKennards Cleveland has one like that.

Bigrig
2nd March 2011, 11:23 PM
Kennards Cleveland has one like that.

And seeing as the missus is filling the eskies with food, I think it only fair that she tow the mobile cold room!! LOL!!!

Dhuck
3rd March 2011, 12:22 PM
ooooooooooooweeeeeeeeee 1 sleep to go. What time we leavin your place Scotty?

Bigrig
3rd March 2011, 01:31 PM
ooooooooooooweeeeeeeeee 1 sleep to go. What time we leavin your place Scotty?

Half nine?? That ok??

Dhuck
3rd March 2011, 02:00 PM
Is all good mate should be there about 9

Bigrig
3rd March 2011, 02:17 PM
Done!! I think everyone attending has my mobile number, so any drama's just text me until about 11am tomorrow (will loose service after that).

See you all there!!! Can't wait!!!

Ben-e-boy
3rd March 2011, 07:08 PM
What time is everyone who is heading up there saturday planning on getting there

Dhuck
3rd March 2011, 08:01 PM
Redman (my brother) and my missus are heading from somewhere near Redcliffe about 8 (arrive about 10) as for the others no idea.

Bigrig
3rd March 2011, 08:29 PM
I think most will be there late morning.

Bigrig
3rd March 2011, 08:34 PM
Had a close call this arvo - Tank started to die on idle on petrol. Would start fine everytime, run with revs but idle rough - take off ok then when I let my foot off the accelerator, it would gurgle slowly to a stop ... got Derek to throw the ecu monitor on it and it was running rich - checked all the hoses, the inlet ducting etc and then removed the MAF sensor and cleaned it - all back to normal! How bizarre ... need to get the injectors done, but fingers crossed he's all good to go! Phew ... Close call before we leave in the morning. Tank is starting to make a habit of this! LOL

Dhuck
3rd March 2011, 09:46 PM
Thank f@#k for that. I had a scare on Tuesday. Adam borrowed my truck to get a bearing pressed onto his axle. The bloody thing stopped dead at Woodridge. Same thing that happened on the way home from Beerburrum. Found that it was one little wire that was meant to be attached to the dizzy. Same day the Commodore shat a radiator hose. What a dismal day it was.

AB
3rd March 2011, 09:54 PM
Wish i was going on this trip guys, hope to read some funny stories and pics soon!!!

Dhuck
3rd March 2011, 09:55 PM
pics from the drunken bums!!!!!!! I hope the girls can take pics

Bigrig
3rd March 2011, 10:08 PM
Wish i was going on this trip guys, hope to read some funny stories and pics soon!!!

Would be great to have some "out of towners" coming mate, but being the big wide land it is, makes it somewhat difficult ... should be heaps of video and photos so will be sure to post up on our return!!

Bigrig
3rd March 2011, 10:10 PM
Thank f@#k for that. I had a scare on Tuesday. Adam borrowed my truck to get a bearing pressed onto his axle. The bloody thing stopped dead at Woodridge. Same thing that happened on the way home from Beerburrum. Found that it was one little wire that was meant to be attached to the dizzy. Same day the Commodore shat a radiator hose. What a dismal day it was.

Very worrying! The dramas on cars have officially started! LOL...

Dhuck
3rd March 2011, 10:11 PM
we haven't even left home. Ah well all the fun of it all

Bigrig
3rd March 2011, 10:17 PM
we haven't even left home. Ah well all the fun of it all

Yep ... How's your packing going? F#ck me we have some sh!t !!!! LOL ...

Finly Owner
3rd March 2011, 10:23 PM
Can just see it Now drunken bums with broken down Trolls can't get Home!

Dhuck
3rd March 2011, 10:24 PM
truck is full Caiden in the front. Thank christ Bec is coming with Adam. Just have to put the cold stuff in the esky in the morning.

Dhuck
3rd March 2011, 10:24 PM

We will make it home. We will take turns towing each other.

Bigrig
3rd March 2011, 10:26 PM
truck is full Caiden in the front. Thank christ Bec is coming with Adam. Just have to put the cold stuff in the esky in the morning.

We're shopping in the morning to save double handling ... apart from that, have to pick up a couple of 10kg blocks of dry ice I ordered ..,

Dhuck
3rd March 2011, 10:27 PM
I kept forgetting to order it so we just using ice. Trying out the new esky

Bigrig
3rd March 2011, 10:28 PM

Best we get that cold room after all so we can burrow in for a while!!! LOL

Bigrig
3rd March 2011, 10:29 PM
I kept forgetting to order it so we just using ice. Trying out the new esky

There's ice up there also

NissanGQ4.2
3rd March 2011, 10:46 PM
Had a close call this arvo - Tank started to die on idle on petrol. Would start fine everytime, run with revs but idle rough - take off ok then when I let my foot off the accelerator, it would gurgle slowly to a stop ... got Derek to throw the ecu monitor on it and it was running rich - checked all the hoses, the inlet ducting etc and then removed the MAF sensor and cleaned it - all back to normal! How bizarre ... need to get the injectors done, but fingers crossed he's all good to go! Phew ... Close call before we leave in the morning. Tank is starting to make a habit of this! LOL

Does that mean you found your plug???

Airstrike
4th March 2011, 03:11 AM
MY F#*$^%@ car just did a Jihad on me on the way home tonight.

Dhuck
4th March 2011, 06:29 AM
What happened buddy?

YNOT
4th March 2011, 07:53 AM
My plans for the week end have changed so I won't be going.

Tony

Bigrig
4th March 2011, 08:00 AM
My plans for the week end have changed so I won't be going.

Tony

Righto mate.

Bigrig
4th March 2011, 08:02 AM
MY F#*$^%@ car just did a Jihad on me on the way home tonight.

Just sent you a text mate - all good with the rig??

Bigrig
4th March 2011, 08:04 AM
This rain should make for interesting times!!!! Supposed to shower today clearing through tomorrow, fine Sunday etc, but at least it would have settled all that bloody dust down on the road on the way in!

Dhuck
4th March 2011, 08:15 AM
true that mate. Have been looking at the weather and radar

Bigrig
4th March 2011, 08:21 AM
true that mate. Have been looking at the weather and radar

Only a bit of water mate. Today is supposed to be the worst of it - how does it look at Jimna though? Hope a bit of water doesn't turn anyone off - I would have to question our resolve as Queenslanders and Nissan Patrol owners!! LOL

I'm going to pick up the ice - if they have a spare block, do you want me to get one for you?

Bigrig
4th March 2011, 09:16 AM
UPDATE - for those of you concerned about the rain. Latest from BOM - Jimna has had only 4.6mm of rain since 9:00am yesterday morning (Thursday) so still pretty dry up there .. (http://reg.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ60901/IDQ60901.94557.shtml) - just know people get jumpy with camping at the first sign of water ... I obviously can't predict the weather, but hopefully we'll still see you all up there.

Dhuck
4th March 2011, 09:17 AM
Weather is supposed to get better tomorrow. OK I am about to leave see you soon Scotty.

Sir Roofy
4th March 2011, 09:23 AM
All the best mate hope the weather holds for you,its raining here in trafalar and quite cool
nearly time to get the fire going???????? Its only march,early winter comming and lots of snow

Bigrig
4th March 2011, 09:23 AM
Weather is supposed to get better tomorrow. OK I am about to leave see you soon Scotty.

Seeya mate

Bigrig
4th March 2011, 09:25 AM
All the best mate hope the weather holds for you,its raining here in trafalar and quite cool
nearly time to get the fire going???????? Its only march,early winter comming and lots of snow

Thanks roofy!! It's wet down here, but seems to be a lot better there. It's nearly 200 klms away, and inland, so should be right - as said, the rain will at least settle the dust and give us a bit of fun on some tracks, but I don't think it's going to affect the weekend too much.

Sir Roofy
4th March 2011, 09:28 AM
Have a good one

Bigrig
4th March 2011, 09:29 AM
Just rang the park - she said it is fine up there, broken cloud and sun shining through. The rain they had was a shower through last night and the forecast is possible showers today and relatively fine weekend!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Here we come!!!!!!

Whitewulf
4th March 2011, 03:45 PM
Sounds good!
Not to muddy that it spoils the fun but wet enough to enjoy, just remember though that for some its a first time so after stopping, pointing, taking photos and laughing, give me a hand and pull me out :thumbup: LOL

cheese
4th March 2011, 10:06 PM
i wish i could attend :( why cant this be in vic??

Finly Owner
4th March 2011, 11:24 PM
Just rang the park - she said it is fine up there, broken cloud and sun shining through. The rain they had was a shower through last night and the forecast is possible showers today and relatively fine weekend!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Here we come!!!!!!
Of course it's fine up there, you have to pay to camp don't you? Who's gonna turn money away? LOL

Finly Owner
4th March 2011, 11:27 PM
and the bets are on boys & girls...........who's coming back broken? who's coming back dirtiest? who's doing all the towing home? who's going to quit first because of the rain?

Sir Roofy
5th March 2011, 08:01 AM
i wish i could attend :( why cant this be in vic??

we just had a meet up not long ago at coopers creek,everybody are welcome to attened these meets

Finly Owner
5th March 2011, 11:21 PM
What are you all to Chicke n to lay a bet about our go hard um........boz..ahh no that's not it...ahhhh boyz.... no that's notit either.....I know......boozers....yeah....."BOOZER BOYZ" and "BROKEN BOOZE BUSES"

ROFLMFAO

YNOT
5th March 2011, 11:27 PM
My money's on at least one broken CV joint!

Tony

Finly Owner
5th March 2011, 11:43 PM
I reckon we might see the Big Gold one needing some parts this time around!

YNOT
6th March 2011, 12:58 AM
I reckon we might see the Big Gold one needing some parts this time around!

I think it already needs a new gearbox.

Tony

Finly Owner
6th March 2011, 10:44 PM
I think it already needs a new gearbox.

Tony
I ll sell him a 4 spd!

YNOT
6th March 2011, 10:49 PM
I ll sell him a 4 spd!

He's already got one of them, 5th gear died.

Tony

Finly Owner
6th March 2011, 10:50 PM
ROFLM tired AO

Whitewulf
7th March 2011, 08:33 AM
Awesome day Sunday, Thanks to Bigrig and Dhuck for the support and guidance. Learned allot !
Cant wait to see all the photos.

Bob
7th March 2011, 09:13 AM
Waiting for the Pics and stories

nowoolies
7th March 2011, 10:13 AM
still waitin waitin waitin.....................and waitin even more

Whitewulf
7th March 2011, 02:43 PM
I can only comment on a few hours for Sunday. So here is a quick view

My first time a the park and as I left the office after paying I was already feeling the vibe of the day.
A notice on the front door read "www.NISSANPATROL.com.au moved to Trakka Camp use channel 11"

I rounded the corner and noted two groups of tents, which one ? Ask the CB :)
no answer- hmm. I'll stop and let these mean looking beasts past. Then I noted this big guy waving at me.
F!! off, I've stopped out of the way I thought. He wiggled his arms around - are you stopping or move or something... Over he drives.
"You alright he yells!"
"Yep just look for my group"

Well I found them and I was parked across the road where they needed to turn (heheheh)

I was told to dump my stuff near the tents as they will wait for me. I pulled up at the rear of the convoy and radioed "all good" still no reply. I could see others talking on the UHF. Dam I hope my CB is not broke already.
Nope Wrong channel. (dam office had it wrong)

So we headed off the the "pig pen" after 2 creek crossings, nothing too deep 1/2 up the door and a few words of praise from the wife ;) , and a woot from the kids. The Pig pen is just that MUD.
Dhuck showed us how to get dirty and the power of his mighty patrol, followed by BigRig.
I chickened out, after a look from the wife. "wait till the car is a few months old" winge winge (lucky she does not look on here )

Adam was the first one to go it solo up around the corner and ended up stuck. Dhuck was on it like .. well a duck on water. Snap stratched out, opened his door to let the water out, don't think he liked swimming and driving ;)

Back to camp to grab some food and off again.

This time we were going up a RED trail, bit of ruff stuff - that it was. Allot of wheel flex, tight turns, and rocks. My son started to cry the wife saying word of wisdom as the car leaned and rocked near a straight drop down on the left. But we all made it up. Now just had to get down. :)

All in all, I found it was a fun day and was great meet up.

Bob
7th March 2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the writeup. Now for the Pics

nickpeacock36
7th March 2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks to all for a great day out. Jack loved it apart from the bits he was waiting to get going. I was suprised just how far you can get with a pretty standard car. i tried to post some pics but cant seem to get it to work. i will try again later.

AB
7th March 2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks to all for a great day out. Jack loved it apart from the bits he was waiting to get going. I was suprised just how far you can get with a pretty standard car. i tried to post some pics but cant seem to get it to work. i will try again later.

Hi Nick, are the photos over 1.9mb by chance?

The forum doesnt handle anything over 1.9mb to upload...If they are then have a look at the very bottom "forum News" categorie on how to shrink photos...Let me know if you get stuck.

Airstrike
7th March 2011, 08:43 PM
Too busy having fn with the video camera and holding on for life with the Mrs behind the wheel but here are some. There is a show of power by mother nature with the flood way see all the trees?!?!? OMG

cossy
7th March 2011, 09:57 PM
Missed this one will try harder next time looks like you all had a great time Were was the last pic tacken?

YNOT
7th March 2011, 09:59 PM
Ryan, was that floodway the creek behind Trekka terrace camp site?

Tony

Airstrike
8th March 2011, 01:30 AM
up near the water fall a click from trekka. It was also in bad shape yet fantastic.

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 01:49 AM
Ryan, was that floodway the creek behind Trekka terrace camp site?

Tony

Tony - that was the causeway under Cowah Falls - usually full of trees and about 10 feet wide ... now a completely wiped out area as wide as a footy field ... Trakka Terrace was flooded up to about 20 feet from the toilet block (you'll understand how bloody high that was!!) ...

Yep - we're back (at 11pm tonight!!!!), and what a weekend. Thanks to everyone who made the effort to get up there, I hope you enjoyed it, and I can say without hesitation, I had a sterling weekend!! I note Tony's comment above regarding at least one brloken CV. Sorry to disappoint, but no broken CV's after all ... BUT ... there was damage, and there was drama ... and you'll all just have to wait for the trip report to hear about it!!! LOL ...

Plenty of photos, videos and stories to follow in the coming days - I sincerely hope we get even more along to the next one ... did I mention I had an awesome time?? LOL

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 02:08 AM
Something to whet the appetite ... see if you can guess the problem ... and if you can, ask yourself if you could have figured it out at 10pm at night with no torches ... and if you could do that, also ask yourself, could you fix it? In the bush? In the mud? And yes, I know you are going to say "yes" to all of the above Tony!! LOL!!!

... and yes, we are all home safe and sound ... and so are the vehicles!!! LOL

Dhuck
8th March 2011, 11:09 AM
Pick me I know what they are. Oh sh!t thats my truck.

All in all was a great weekend. Can't wait for our next trip. Believe it, but we did not actually go through that much grog either. I think it was only about 4 cartons consumed.

Bob
8th March 2011, 11:25 AM
Believe it, but we did not actually go through that much grog either. I think it was only about 4 cartons consumed.

I presume that was for the whole Camp LOL

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 11:35 AM
I presume that was for the whole Camp LOL

Nope - just me and dhuck!! LOL - there was so much driving to be done that even the grog took second place!! Still, 120 cans on a 3 night stay and only tucking into them seriously once the keys were out of the ignition wasn't an overly bad effort!!! LMFAO!!!!

Bob
8th March 2011, 11:37 AM
Nope - just me and dhuck!! LOL - there was so much driving to be done that even the grog took second place!! Still, 120 cans on a 3 night stay and only tucking into them seriously once the keys were out of the ignition wasn't an overly bad effort!!! LMFAO!!!!

good boy...

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 11:41 AM
good boy...

Thankyou sir!!! LOL ... I'll endeavor to get the trip report done today - I'll throw up some photos, but the others have most of the footage so that will come later ... with a nice loooonnng video!!! LOL

Dhuck
8th March 2011, 11:48 AM
Did we actually go away? Feels as if I have done 4 days of honest work. I am sore, sun burnt and tired

Bob
8th March 2011, 11:49 AM
Did we actually go away? Feels as if I have done 4 days of honest work. I am sore, sun burnt and tired

but bloody happy

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 12:00 PM
but bloody happy

Bloody happy indeed old mate!!!

Dhuck
8th March 2011, 12:06 PM
toooooooo truuuuuue. I am just sitting in my office at school contimplating reassembling a printer or fixing a couple of computers. Just sitting here sounds good enough to me. I can keep my doors locked and even have a kip.

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 01:36 PM
Jut a bunch of various photos throughout the weekend off my iPhone - heaps more to come and plenty of action shots .. setting up, running repairs in the bush, camp fires and those sorts of good things!!!

Bob
8th March 2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks for that bigrig. Looking forward to more. Looks like you had a good crew. How many vehicles ??

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 01:58 PM
8 vehicles at the peak (but 9 throughout the weekend - one went when another two showed up) and that's with 11 not being able to attend (and that's just the ones who got back to me!!). Next one should be a doozy!!! Already planning it .. LOL

AB
8th March 2011, 02:38 PM
Great photos, thanks Scotty!!

Wish I was there!!!

Looks like some good tracks there too.

nickpeacock36
8th March 2011, 03:29 PM
Dhuck. I cant believe you work in a school with that language of yours. are you the head of the swearing department? lol:biggrin:

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 04:00 PM
Dhuck. I cant believe you work in a school with that language of yours. are you the head of the swearing department? lol:biggrin:

It's the only thing he got an A in when he went to school !!! LMFAO

Dhuck
8th March 2011, 04:12 PM

At the IT tech I have my own room. No-one can hear me in there. When I am out and about in the school, I just don't talk. It's easier that way.

As for you Scotty I am not even going to bite. That just gives you more amunition. lol

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 04:39 PM
Great photos, thanks Scotty!!

Wish I was there!!!

Looks like some good tracks there too.

Thanks mate - plenty more to come and some of the tracks dhuck and I did were, let's say, rather "full on"!! No one has responded so I'll tell you what that earlier photo was of dhucks truck stuck out in the bush. After everyone left on Sunday, he and I went and tackled the "Club Rally Circuit" which is the only track to have a specific timber sign (apart from the map colourings) stating "hard 4wd only" - we were getting through it ok (I was taking a hammering on the underbody with 4" lift and 33" tyres) and on one of the climbs, dhuck dropped the front left tyre off the bead. With nowhere to go, we had to limp it back down the hill and coz he couldn't turn, we had to go down another side track which is easily the most extreme track I have ever done. Got to the bottom eventually and he had sheared BOTH tie rod ends!!!! So we are in the middle of nowhere, it's nearly fully dark, and his truck is in 4 inches of mud and going nowhere. Left it there overnight and went back in the morning to suss it out - had to drive a 280 klm round trip back to Morayfield to buy two new tie rod ends, and my car has bugger all petrol but heaps of LPG. Been running on LPG the whole time, and literally as we drive off from the camp ground, the LPG system starts cutting in and out and the engine dies!! Uh oh ... things are getting grim!! Made it to Kilcoy switching back to LPG and running it till it cut out again, then would quickly flick back to petrol - had worked out it was electrical due to it cutting out only over bumpy ground (no science or skill in that one, just all I could come up with!! LOL) ... followed the wires from the back of the switch circuit board and it ended up being the fuse had worked it's way loose and was only just sitting in the plug - pushed it in and all good!!! Phew!!!! LOL

Got back to the park about half two in the arvo, had a smoke and a beer to get relaxed, and off we went. Had to replace the tyre first as we needed to move the car in order to straighten the drivers side wheel to be able to put the tie rod back on. High jack lifted the car, but not high enough as it was slipping sideways in the mud and we didn't want to end up statistics - grabbed my jack out and with the car partially lifted and having dug out as much as we could, lifted the whole diff up as well. Got the tyre on, and then next attacked the tie rod. Wedged the front wheel up against a small mound and it lined up - allelujah!! Tyre replaced, new tie rod ends connected and tie rod replaced - all in the mud in the middle of the bush!!!! Go the Nissan Patrol Forum boys!!!! Drive it out nearly 24 hours after doing the damage and the whole family got home safe and sound!!!

I have only found out since getting back that I cracked the rear diff housing and have a small leak, stuffed oil seal on the front right, an absolutely melted spottie fuse (40 amp and it is just a blob!!), a stuffed front left shock, and that's on top of the smashed rear indicator/brake lights on the passenger side, and the bingled small barn door which smashed into a tree (kicked it out enough that I can actually open it now though!!!). Dhuck has a shot clutch as well ... I don't go out of the way to do damage, but have to say, I pushed Tank to the limit, and he came through for me like a champion!!

Did I mention it was a cracking good weekend??? LMFAO ...

AB
8th March 2011, 04:57 PM
Thanks mate - plenty more to come and some of the tracks dhuck and I did were, let's say, rather "full on"!! No one has responded so I'll tell you what that earlier photo was of dhucks truck stuck out in the bush. After everyone left on Sunday, he and I went and tackled the "Club Rally Circuit" which is the only track to have a specific timber sign (apart from the map colourings) stating "hard 4wd only" - we were getting through it ok (I was taking a hammering on the underbody with 4" lift and 33" tyres) and on one of the climbs, dhuck dropped the front left tyre off the bead. With nowhere to go, we had to limp it back down the hill and coz he couldn't turn, we had to go down another side track which is easily the most extreme track I have ever done. Got to the bottom eventually and he had sheared BOTH tie rod ends!!!! So we are in the middle of nowhere, it's nearly fully dark, and his truck is in 4 inches of mud and going nowhere. Left it there overnight and went back in the morning to suss it out - had to drive a 280 klm round trip back to Morayfield to buy two new tie rod ends, and my car has bugger all petrol but heaps of LPG. Been running on LPG the whole time, and literally as we drive off from the camp ground, the LPG system starts cutting in and out and the engine dies!! Uh oh ... things are getting grim!! Made it to Kilcoy switching back to LPG and running it till it cut out again, then would quickly flick back to petrol - had worked out it was electrical due to it cutting out only over bumpy ground (no science or skill in that one, just all I could come up with!! LOL) ... followed the wires from the back of the switch circuit board and it ended up being the fuse had worked it's way loose and was only just sitting in the plug - pushed it in and all good!!! Phew!!!! LOL

Got back to the park about half two in the arvo, had a smoke and a beer to get relaxed, and off we went. Had to replace the tyre first as we needed to move the car in order to straighten the drivers side wheel to be able to put the tie rod back on. High jack lifted the car, but not high enough as it was slipping sideways in the mud and we didn't want to end up statistics - grabbed my jack out and with the car partially lifted and having dug out as much as we could, lifted the whole diff up as well. Got the tyre on, and then next attacked the tie rod. Wedged the front wheel up against a small mound and it lined up - allelujah!! Tyre replaced, new tie rod ends connected and tie rod replaced - all in the mud in the middle of the bush!!!! Go the Nissan Patrol Forum boys!!!! Drive it out nearly 24 hours after doing the damage and the whole family got home safe and sound!!!

I have only found out since getting back that I cracked the rear diff housing and have a small leak, stuffed oil seal on the front right, an absolutely melted spottie fuse (40 amp and it is just a blob!!), a stuffed front left shock, and that's on top of the smashed rear indicator/brake lights on the passenger side, and the bingled small barn door which smashed into a tree (kicked it out enough that I can actually open it now though!!!). Dhuck has a shot clutch as well ... I don't go out of the way to do damage, but have to say, I pushed Tank to the limit, and he came through for me like a champion!!

Sounds like an awesome trip mate...lol...Can't wait to see some action piccys!!!!

Dhuck
8th March 2011, 06:51 PM

Sorry mate. The diff crack was probably my fault. You didn't really do damage, that's sort of stuff is categorized under Tony Abbots words "st!t happens ......... unfortunately". But as I stated to Adam on the phone today, "if your gonna do off-roading , you have to except that maybe you will break something". But mate you did some exceptional work. I think anybody on this forum would appreciate you as a mate. I know I do. Thank you Scotty.

But you don't get my man love.

Maxhead
8th March 2011, 07:02 PM
Guys, guys...sounds like an awesome weekend. Good to see some mud.
More action pics.......

Dhuck
8th March 2011, 07:06 PM
Guys, guys...sounds like an awesome weekend. Good to see some mud.
More action pics.......

They is a comin mate. There is a lot of pics and footage to go through

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 07:09 PM

Don't forget the pics on Sam's camera ... They have the night shots!!!

Maxhead
8th March 2011, 07:10 PM
Good stuff mate. You boys might show these VIC's how its done...lolol