PDA

View Full Version : Lancruiser Mountain Park - 4th to 7th March (Replaces Janowen Hills Thread)

Pages : 1 [2]

Airstrike
8th March 2011, 07:14 PM
Im going back this weekend

Ben-e-boy
8th March 2011, 08:00 PM
I'm sorry I didnt show up guys I'm spewwin. The ute has only been back on the road a week, and spending most of last week ironing out the bugs with the lift kit. I thought I had it done. but friday arvo I flexed it up and found that the front drive shaft hits the cross member :(

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 08:25 PM
I'm sorry I didnt show up guys I'm spewwin. The ute has only been back on the road a week, and spending most of last week ironing out the bugs with the lift kit. I thought I had it done. but friday arvo I flexed it up and found that the front drive shaft hits the cross member :(

No stress mate - based on the result on the weekend, I'd say there will be another one pretty soon!!

Dhuck
8th March 2011, 08:34 PM
was lookin on Sam's camera today. Not many on there but they will come. As for another trip soon Oh Yeah Baby Bring It On.

Whitewulf
8th March 2011, 08:39 PM
Some pics
(sent a PM BigRig, let me know if video files too big)

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/whitewulf/br002.jpg
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/whitewulf/dhuck001.jpg
Pig Pen (mud run)
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/whitewulf/br001.jpg
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/whitewulf/s_dhuck01.jpg
Just checking the depth - ended up being over waist deep.
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/whitewulf/deep.jpg

AB
8th March 2011, 08:41 PM
Good pics mate, whats going on in the last picture???

Just checking depth?

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 08:50 PM

Just checking depth?

Yep - by sending in the kids!!!! LMFAO!!!

Maxhead
8th March 2011, 08:52 PM

Just checking depth?

Looking for Scottys Patrol! :)

Whitewulf
8th March 2011, 08:52 PM
yes, bit too deep. no one ended up swamped.. not in that one.

AB
8th March 2011, 08:56 PM
Looking for Scottys Patrol! :)

LMAO....Kid, just point towards where the bubbles are coming up....haha

Maxhead
8th March 2011, 08:59 PM
LMAO....Kid, just point towards where the bubbles are coming up....haha

He must be standing on the roof ...its deep alright!

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 09:03 PM

Tank had a periscope fitted prior to going in!! LOL

AB

The kid has the last laugh wearing stilts....Yep, your good to go boys!!!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/03/11.jpg

Clunk
looks like a bloody great weekend, nice one guys..... can't wait to see some more pics

Finly Owner
8th March 2011, 09:15 PM
A little birdie tells me there is a new 5spd box needed, possibly GU?

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 09:27 PM
A little birdie tells me there is a new 5spd box needed, possibly GU?

Must be a HUGE birdie ... coz just about everyone knows!!! LOL !!! ...

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 09:27 PM
Im going back this weekend

I'm in !!!! What time we leaving?? LOL

Airstrike
8th March 2011, 09:33 PM
You in?? Im really thinking about it and Andrew might be in need to speak to him

Finly Owner
8th March 2011, 09:36 PM
I'm in !!!! What time we leaving?? LOL
Bugger! i was planning on coming over to see you.

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 09:37 PM
You in?? Im really thinking about it and Andrew might be in need to speak to him

Day trip or overnight? Might need some running repairs sorted real quick smart then!! LOL

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 09:38 PM
Bugger! i was planning on coming over to see you.

Hold that thought champ!! One moment please!!

Airstrike
8th March 2011, 09:41 PM
F&*% i'm going overnight what a camp site woot woot.

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 09:43 PM

Oh geez .. I'll start wringing my kidneys out and get the truck sorted then!! LOL

I'll check with the finance minister and let you know asap!! I'm excited again!!

Airstrike
8th March 2011, 09:45 PM
I havent stopped being excited after the panic attack with the Mrs driving I am only just recovering. YES I know Doc girl power..... and all that s#$&

Bigrig
8th March 2011, 09:51 PM
I havent stopped being excited after the panic attack with the Mrs driving I am only just recovering. YES I know Doc girl power..... and all that s#$&

LOL!!! I'll let her know!!

Bigrig
9th March 2011, 09:04 AM

Right - been given a weekend pass!! Me and Liam are more than likely good to go!!! Doc and the girls are going to stay home and in her words "do some maintenance"!! I don't know what the hell that means, and being that she told me to go, I didn't ask either!! LOL

Whats the plan??

Airstrike
9th March 2011, 10:14 AM
I will get back to you today. I am off to the factory in an hour or so on the gold coast so email me....... wink wink

Bigrig
9th March 2011, 10:18 AM
Righto - will do.

Dhuck
9th March 2011, 10:18 AM
Nasty! Wish I could go. However I have a little work to do to my truck and no money. Boohoo

Bigrig
9th March 2011, 10:28 AM
Nasty! Wish I could go. However I have a little work to do to my truck and no money. Boohoo

Not sure that mine will be done yet either mate, so I might be boohoo also!!! But working on it!!!

Dhuck
10th March 2011, 07:14 PM
a heap more pics

Clunk
10th March 2011, 07:22 PM
bloomin great photiyes there dhuck

YNOT
10th March 2011, 07:23 PM
Nice pics Dave.

How badly washed out was camp road, 3rd last pic only shows the top of it?

Tony

Bob
10th March 2011, 07:24 PM
Good action shots there. Thanks for sharing

AB
10th March 2011, 07:25 PM
Great pics guys!

The jeep is on heat smashing into the river crossing.

Dhuck
10th March 2011, 07:35 PM
Nice pics Dave.

How badly washed out was camp road, 3rd last pic only shows the top of it?

Tony

My opinion is it wasn't to bad I think I have another shot somewhere

And AB the Jeep belongs to Scotty's missus

Dhuck
10th March 2011, 07:41 PM
Pic taken by my 5 yo boy

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 07:42 PM
Top job dhuck!!!! Nice snaps mate ...

Tony - Camp Road wasn't too bad as dhuck said - a bit hairy for some of the newer faces, but they all did a sterling job in following guidance and lines, with no one really having any problem at all.

Dhuck - you able to pull more photos from the vids?? These are awesome to finally see .. only problem .. I was in front, so limited snaps of Tank (boohoo!!!) LOL

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 07:43 PM
Pic taken by my 5 yo boy

Who's the good looking rooster standing on the track?? LMFAO!!

Dhuck
10th March 2011, 07:45 PM
on from the top. The good looking person was my missus Scotty

Dhuck
10th March 2011, 07:49 PM
I will have a look at the vids or I can bring them with me to your place and have a look.

Bec (my missus) is a tad p!ssed off as the camera was crap. It had like a 2 second delay before actually taking the pic. She usually takes great action shots.

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 08:07 PM
I will have a look at the vids or I can bring them with me to your place and have a look.

Bec (my missus) is a tad p!ssed off as the camera was crap. It had like a 2 second delay before actually taking the pic. She usually takes great action shots.

Let me know when ...

Bigrig
on from the top. The good looking person was my missus Scotty

More a goose than a dhuck me thinks!!! LMFAO!!!

Dhuck
Let me know when ...

you going away or what?

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 08:09 PM
Doesn't look like it ...

YNOT
10th March 2011, 08:28 PM
Are there any photos of club rally?

Tony

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 08:34 PM
Are there any photos of club rally?

Tony

The night shots only - once we were stopped in our tracks (so to speak)!! LOL

YNOT
10th March 2011, 08:39 PM
Last time I drove club rally was on a night run as well. AWESOME track, incredibly steep with a diagonal washout near the top. One of my favourite tracks.

Tony

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 08:47 PM
Last time I drove club rally was on a night run as well. AWESOME track, incredibly steep with a diagonal washout near the top. One of my favourite tracks.

Tony

Too right - we had stopped to inspect the track under lights when we noticed dhucks tyre off the bead ... Very hairy indeed!!! Just love night runs though, makes it a different place completely!!

Airstrike
10th March 2011, 09:08 PM
Beerburrum???

Airstrike
10th March 2011, 09:09 PM
Freedom :( ..........

Dhuck
10th March 2011, 10:42 PM
Let me know when ...

Might have to try for Saturday hey

Finly Owner
10th March 2011, 10:47 PM
Great pics guys!

The jeep is on heat smashing into the river crossing.
Big Rigs other half....she won't be out done by Tank if she can help it.

Tim

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 11:37 PM
Big Rigs other half....she won't be out done by Tank if she can help it.

Tim

Not wrong there - and the sickening part is that the jeep is SUPER capable out of the box .. No sh!t .. With a 4" lift going on in about 4 weeks time, it will dead set be unstoppable!

Finly Owner
10th March 2011, 11:43 PM
Not wrong there - and the sickening part is that the jeep is SUPER capable out of the box .. No sh!t .. With a 4" lift going on in about 4 weeks time, it will dead set be unstoppable!
New Tank suspension next?

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 11:50 PM
New Tank suspension next?

Nope ... but front auto locker and 85% reduction gears should keep me ahead of the game!! LMFAO!!

Finly Owner
11th March 2011, 12:19 AM
Lucky bugger...................half ya luck

Bigrig
11th March 2011, 09:13 AM
Lucky bugger...................half ya luck

Luck has nothing to do with it champion ... I just choose to use my Jedi powers wisely!!!! LOL

Dhuck
11th March 2011, 09:14 AM
Ed Qld dont pay me enough jedi powers

Bigrig
11th March 2011, 09:30 AM
Ed Qld dont pay me enough jedi powers

See ... that's what happens when the government assumes control of a private body like the Jedi council ... Ahhhh ... Now I get it, they were a council ... those buggers get even more and work even less!!! LOL bloody lucky Jedi ...

Whitewulf
12th March 2011, 03:13 PM
Just took the car to get a wheel align as it did not feel right and was pulling to one side. Did not get it done as its not the alignment that was out, looks like I bent the Tie rod :(

All good though as it just gives an excuse to get a heavy duty one now :049:
Just hope it does not void any dealer warranty as the wife will be peed.

Bigrig
12th March 2011, 03:17 PM
Just took the car to get a wheel align as it did not feel right and was pulling to one side. Did not get it done as its not the alignment that was out, looks like I bent the Tie rod :(

All good though as it just gives an excuse to get a heavy duty one now :049:
Just hope it does not void any dealer warranty as the wife will be peed.

Won't void the warranty mate - I think I know when that happened;) !! You can tell everyone that it bent doing an extreme very steep ascent!!

Dhuck
12th March 2011, 03:23 PM
Got some good footage of Cory coming down the steep downhill.

Clunk
12th March 2011, 05:58 PM
well get them up then so we can all see lol

Bigrig
12th March 2011, 08:15 PM
dhuck is at my joint right now - going through the footage and will post up later tonight ...

Clunk
12th March 2011, 08:26 PM
dhuck is at my joint right now - going through the footage and will post up later tonight ...

excellent stuff, can't wait

Cadbury
12th March 2011, 09:02 PM
Sound likes you guys had a good weekend I am sorry to have missed it but, I was moving house.
Keep me posted for the next one.
Cheers
Tim

Airstrike
12th March 2011, 11:11 PM
Looking forward to the footage

AB
12th March 2011, 11:33 PM

Bring it on Scotty....Can't wait!

AB
12th March 2011, 11:58 PM
I'm just picturing Dhuck and Scotty sitting in the backyard with a slab of beer.....lol

Dhuck = Hey should we start getting this video ready?
Scotty = Yeah one more and then we'll get cracking.
Dhuck = Ok, should we start getting the video ready?
Scotty = yeah ok, one more then we will get a start on it...
Dhuck = mmm....tasty beer...Ok, should we do it now, the boys are probably excited to see the video and are waiting?
Scotty = Yeah they probably are....haha...arrrrr Stuff em....I can't be bothered now...lol....We'll do it tomorrow.

:bananarock:

Airstrike
13th March 2011, 12:49 AM
Still waiting for video...... :) LOL

Clunk
13th March 2011, 12:56 AM
I'm just picturing Dhuck and Scotty sitting in the backyard with a slab of beer.....lol

Dhuck = mmm....tasty beer...Ok, should we do it now, the boys are probably excited to see the video and are waiting?
Scotty = Yeah they probably are....haha...arrrrr Stuff em....I can't be bothered now...lol....We'll do it tomorrow.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah nice one AB

Bigrig
13th March 2011, 02:46 AM

Spot on old mate - we have slaughtered a fair few, and watched the video and photos, but alas .. they will have to wait till tomorrow .. full as a state school, and have no inclination to post it right now ... LOL

AB
13th March 2011, 08:50 AM
Spot on old mate - we have slaughtered a fair few, and watched the video and photos, but alas .. they will have to wait till tomorrow .. full as a state school, and have no inclination to post it right now ... LOL

haha....Love it!!!

Bigrig
13th March 2011, 12:20 PM
Ooooo ... bit dusty!! LOL ... Only one thing for it ... hair of the dog time!!!

We're about to start working on the vid ... will have it up today ...

Clunk
13th March 2011, 12:35 PM
Ooooo ... bit dusty!! LOL ... Only one thing for it ... hair of the dog time!!!

We're about to start working on the vid ... will have it up today ...

we've not heard that one before mate hahahahahahaha

Clunk
13th March 2011, 06:31 PM
well I'm glad I didn't stay home waiting for these vids........ beginning to wonder if they actually exist lol

AB
13th March 2011, 09:11 PM
Scotty, whats going on mate...LMAO!!!

Clunk
13th March 2011, 09:14 PM
I've managed to crochet 3 rather lovely doylies whislt wating for these vids hahahahaha and that included the time taken to teach myself what crochet was

Airstrike
13th March 2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah no pressure boys.........................

Tj85
13th March 2011, 09:36 PM
ahh.... now don't forget about us girls I (ryans mrs) was the first one to go through that mud bath even with a busted air filter the boys only following after =D

AB
13th March 2011, 09:45 PM
ahh.... now don't forget about us girls I (ryans mrs) was the first one to go through that mud bath even with a busted air filter the boys only following after =D

haha, love your work, leading the little boys out...lol

Welcome to the forum too!

Clunk
13th March 2011, 10:06 PM

hahaha nice one

YNOT
13th March 2011, 11:04 PM

Welcome to the forum Ryans Mrs.

Tony

Bigrig
13th March 2011, 11:25 PM
Oh my goodness ... Or thougth I had a few yesterday .. Thank the Lord for spellcheck!!! No video yet, buy I have seen it and it's bloody good ... But alas, Oregon have to wait tilll tommorow ... BigRig out!!! LOL

Clunk
13th March 2011, 11:36 PM
Oh my goodness ... Or thougth I had a few yesterday .. Thank the Lord for spellcheck!!! No video yet, buy I have seen it and it's bloody good ... But alas, Oregon have to wait tilll tommorow ... BigRig out!!! LOL

oh well, i suppose I might as well go back the the crocheting hahahahaha

Dhuck
14th March 2011, 09:03 AM
Well after the weekend, I have woken feeling a tad p!ssy still, so I am having the day off. Means I can help Adam fix his thermostat housing. Not feeling real flash.

Bigrig
14th March 2011, 10:08 AM
I will really, truly, honestly get the video done today ... Promise!! LOL

AB
14th March 2011, 10:17 AM
I will really, truly, honestly get the video done today ... Promise!! LOL

Looking forward to it mate...lol

Bigrig
14th March 2011, 08:19 PM
Movie is compiling as I type .. should be about 15 minutes - it's a big boy for those of you who have slower internet speeds - I seriously carved out 70% and still have 23 minutes of pretty good photos and footage ... I am praying you like it!!! LOL

Going through all the footage and photos, I have to say, I feel compelled to pack the rig and just head back up there for a week ... had the best time!!

AB
14th March 2011, 08:30 PM
Movie is compiling as I type .. should be about 15 minutes - it's a big boy for those of you who have slower internet speeds - I seriously carved out 70% and still have 23 minutes of pretty good photos and footage ... I am praying you like it!!! LOL

Going through all the footage and photos, I have to say, I feel compelled to pack the rig and just head back up there for a week ... had the best time!!

4 minutes and counting Scotty...lol

Bigrig
14th March 2011, 08:32 PM
Uploading to YouTube now boss ... sorry boss ... working as fast as my hungover fingers will let me boss ... won't be long boss ... LMFAO!!!

Sir Roofy
14th March 2011, 08:33 PM
4 minutes and counting Scotty...lol

the pressure is on now

Bigrig
14th March 2011, 08:39 PM
SH!T ... can only upload 15 minutes of video at a time to YouTube ... what's the crack on that??? Splitting it now ... all eleven fingers are working as fast as possible!!! LOL

AB
14th March 2011, 08:44 PM
SH!T ... can only upload 15 minutes of video at a time to YouTube ... what's the crack on that??? Splitting it now ... all eleven fingers are working as fast as possible!!! LOL

Yeah they put a restriction on the video length...lol....It takes yonks to upload too...I had a 90mb video I uploaded today and it took a solid 30 minutes and that was only 1 minute of video....It's going to take a while mate!

Bigrig
14th March 2011, 08:47 PM
Uploading part 1 now - hopefully won't take too long - I have high speed interent but depends on their end ... anyways, in progress ...

Bigrig
14th March 2011, 08:49 PM
It's saying 106 minutes for part 1 ... sheez ...

AB
14th March 2011, 08:54 PM
It's saying 106 minutes for part 1 ... sheez ...

You better get those bloody Mary's out mate....lol

Bigrig
14th March 2011, 09:16 PM
Cruising through!! 75 minutes to go ... saved the movie off again in a smaller format, so part 2 won't be as high a quality video format, but is about half the size of part 1 for quicker upload ...

NissanGQ4.2
14th March 2011, 09:30 PM

I don't understand why considering i think the file size can be 2gb!!!!

Bigrig
14th March 2011, 09:36 PM
I don't understand why considering i think the file size can be 2gb!!!!

Not wrong there - even in high quality the whole video was just over 900meg and 23 minutes long ... it should just be 2 gig gile size period ... but alas, it is what it is ...

NissanGQ4.2
14th March 2011, 09:49 PM
Not wrong there - even in high quality the whole video was just over 900meg and 23 minutes long ... it should just be 2 gig gile size period ... but alas, it is what it is ...

agree with u on "should be 2gb file size period", the loveday DVD I done for Pete ( wild98 ), had to cut into 4 vids just so i could upload it, would of been so much simpler if it didn't need 2 be cut!!!

Bigrig
14th March 2011, 09:51 PM
agree with u on "should be 2gb file size period", the loveday DVD I done for Pete ( wild98 ), had to cut into 4 vids just so i could upload it, would of been so much simpler if it didn't need 2 be cut!!!

Yep - it's one of those "I just don't get it" moments ... if you had a 15 minute video that was 2 Gig in size, then we are talking picture quality that most people can't display on normal laptops and desktop screens anyway ... they'll see it, but not in the High Definition it has been saved in ... oh well, what do we peasants know ... they are the millionaires who own the site and set the rules!!!

Bigrig
14th March 2011, 09:55 PM
Woohoo ... 28 minutes and counting ... for part 1 at least!!! ...

Bigrig
14th March 2011, 10:27 PM
Part 1 - a bit of duplication here and there, but hey, what more could you expect from me!!! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ1VA3EYGL0

Bigrig
14th March 2011, 10:59 PM
Part 2 - as said, smaller video so lower quality, but took a quarter of the time to upload. Thanks again to everyone who came last week - I hope you had as much fun as I did, and seriously can't wait for the next one!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f3nfFquD_c

Dhuck
14th March 2011, 11:19 PM
Nice work Scotty. Can we go and do it again?

Bigrig
14th March 2011, 11:21 PM
Nice work Scotty. Can we go and do it again?

Too right!!

Airstrike
15th March 2011, 12:22 AM
Very good on the video's. I fixed the camera issue and I have additional footage?!?!?! if you want it. It cant be added but maybe a future Bigrigberg production.

Bigrig
15th March 2011, 12:28 AM
Very good on the video's. I fixed the camera issue and I have additional footage?!?!?! if you want it. It cant be added but maybe a future Bigrigberg production.

Sweet mate - chuck it on a disc - I can pick it up and drop your tow point recovery shackle off as well.

Clunk
15th March 2011, 01:41 AM
excellent vids guys............... was it worth the wait????!!!!! F*** Yeah hahhahahaha

Bob
15th March 2011, 07:54 AM
Great Vids

Bigrig
15th March 2011, 08:42 AM
Thanks lads!! Not the best editing in the world, but my head wasn't in the best place in the world yesterday either!!! I have more to add as Ryan has some footage and I need to get Nicks again as the DVD he sent broke in the post, but I think everyone gets the point that we did a truckload of tracks and driving, mixed in with a very relaxed family getaway ... It was awesome ...

Dhuck
15th March 2011, 08:47 AM
hit that one on the head Scotty. Was an absolute blast. I just won't let my boy get to the video camera. His video efforts were not aimed at 4wding. Lets look at the inside of the car, oh and thats what a thumb looks like close up. But he will learn.

nowoolies
15th March 2011, 08:51 AM
absolute dynamite looks like a heap of fun was had
nice size holes full of water
more vid required lol

Bigrig
15th March 2011, 09:07 AM
hit that one on the head Scotty. Was an absolute blast. I just won't let my boy get to the video camera. His video efforts were not aimed at 4wding. Lets look at the inside of the car, oh and thats what a thumb looks like close up. But he will learn.

Yep, I deleted a fair bit of "ooooo, look at that apple" !!! LOL

Bigrig
15th March 2011, 09:08 AM
more vid required lol

As per Andys phone holder thread, I think its time I bit the bullet and bought a dash mount high resolution camera ... that would be ideal.

Bigrig
15th March 2011, 10:30 AM
more vid required lol

haha ... yeah mate ... lesson learnt for Adam ... if you don't walk it, then you shouldn't drive it!!!! LOL ... none of us even knew he was having a lash at it, hence all of us running over once he was stuck!! But, if you don't get stuck, you are both not trying hard enough, and you'll never learn how to do recoveries ...

AB
15th March 2011, 11:50 AM
Great video guys, loved it!

Scotty your a funny bugger, always pulling a face in every shot...lol

Top work!!!

Bigrig
15th March 2011, 11:55 AM
Great video guys, loved it!

Scotty your a funny bugger, always pulling a face in every shot...lol

Top work!!!

Thanks mate - but how did you know it was me?? LMFAO!!

I am seriously suffering "post trip depression" ... so is the missus ... might have to head set up the tents in the back yard and park the cars up on the rock walls out the back this weekend just to simulate the feel ... LOL ...

nowoolies
15th March 2011, 12:10 PM
Thanks mate - but how did you know it was me?? LMFAO!!

I am seriously suffering "post trip depression" ... so is the missus ... might have to head set up the tents in the back yard and park the cars up on the rock walls out the back this weekend just to simulate the feel ... LOL ...

im gunna be doing that very shortly if we dont get away soon 3 trips set up and havent got away yet
the back yard is looking real cosy lmao
oh by the way is there such a thing as pre trip depression

Bigrig
15th March 2011, 12:15 PM
oh by the way is there such a thing as pre trip depression

Have to be wouldn't there?? That moment of realisation prior to leaving that you haven't actually left yet?? LOL!!!!

kose
15th March 2011, 07:27 PM
Scotty,
Andrew, ryans mate with the GU.......Great footage mate....cant wait till the next one.

Bigrig
15th March 2011, 07:47 PM
Scotty,
Andrew, ryans mate with the GU.......Great footage mate....cant wait till the next one.

G'day champion! Welcome back to the forum! We're looking to head to Beerburrum on the 27th if you're up for it.

Airstrike
15th March 2011, 11:26 PM
Ok I am in with the girls that weekend. Either day..

Bigrig
15th March 2011, 11:31 PM
Good stuff.