PDA

View Full Version : Bob's cod

threedogs
1st March 2014, 01:03 PM
Thought I'd put this here instead of the fishing thread. received this photo from Bob this morning from Christies Beach just near Echuca.
He caught it late the night before but CBF reeling it in so waited till this morning, Lucky as the fish nearly spooled him, landed it measured in at 700mm
and must be 6-7kg of fish. Bob is up there ATM with his wife Lorraine taking in the sights and sounds of the Mighty Murray.
Bob [ncot] released the fish after a few pictures.

Bloodyaussie
1st March 2014, 01:06 PM
Bob you are doing it all wrong mate........ should have used a Tom Tom!!!! bwa ha ha ha!!!

No really well done mate!!

Stropp
1st March 2014, 01:09 PM
nice fish and good work.

threedogs
1st March 2014, 01:12 PM
I think its a great effort especially fishing off the bank no boat.

mudski
1st March 2014, 04:38 PM
Lol. I saw the heading and read it as Bob's cods. Me thinking he's done a selfie of his aggots.
Nice fish there mate. What was it caught with? Bardi grub, yabbie or lure?

the ferret
1st March 2014, 05:11 PM
That's the go, over here we fillet and release straight away Lol!!
Cheers, the ferret

BigRAWesty
1st March 2014, 05:19 PM
Bloody hell. I'm now keen as hell for our Easter trip.
What a catch.
@Bob, what bait??

mudnut
1st March 2014, 07:17 PM
Cheese that has been left in the sun, to toughen it up?

the ferret
1st March 2014, 08:22 PM
Chicken breast with skin on, light spray with CRC, proven I kid you not!
Cheers, the ferret.

Family4x4
1st March 2014, 09:39 PM
very nice fish.

happygu
1st March 2014, 09:50 PM
Lucky they don't eat toes, whilst you are swimming along.....

growler2058
1st March 2014, 09:52 PM
Bob you are doing it all wrong mate........ should have used a Tom Tom!!!! bwa ha ha ha!!!

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAhahahhahahahahahhahahahahaha Just blew a no. 11 outta me nose johnno

Irish
2nd March 2014, 09:48 AM
Nice cod Bob!

Bloodyaussie
2nd March 2014, 10:42 AM
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAhahahhahahahahahhahahahahaha Just blew a no. 11 outta me nose johnno

I aim to please......

Bob
2nd March 2014, 07:12 PM

That's what I did use just Punched In "Murray Cod in the Murray River" and that's where the Tom Tom took me LMAO
Bait was Chicken Chippee

Drewboyaus
2nd March 2014, 08:10 PM
That's what I did use just Punched In "Murray Cod in the Murray River" and that's where the Tom Tom took me LMAO
Bait was Chicken Chippee

So you had some success with the chicken chippee's......

Woof
2nd March 2014, 08:15 PM
Very nice fish there Bob well done mate............great to see that you released it as well.

Cuppa
2nd March 2014, 08:29 PM
Well done Bob, but does it knock me of my champion’s pedestal seeing you were fishing solo & not at a forum gathering? Think I might have to give to you!

MEGOMONSTER
2nd March 2014, 09:04 PM
Bait was Chicken Chippee

Well done Bob, good one and on the chicken Chippees.
I didn't do very this weekend. But didn't fish much. Most cod between 30 and 50 cm all weekend.