PDA

View Full Version : Homemade trivett

threedogs
27th February 2014, 02:41 PM
Was given a nice piece of stainless steel from the laser cutters,
and I've been figuring out what to do with it. Light bulb moment
my big camp oven would benefit from a decent trivet, the SS is 6mm
I'm going to drill as many holes as I can and see how it turns out.
Drill and tap 4 feet should work a treat

Edit ATM I've bought a couple of powder coated trivets from Aldi,
going to throw them in the Coonara and burn the coating off them

FNQGU
27th February 2014, 02:50 PM
Yep, should work a treat.

oncedisturbed
27th February 2014, 02:54 PM
I have 2 of the smaller oztrail trivets the same style as what you are making, they pi$$ all over the wire ones.

Could always season it with some good linseed oil

threedogs
27th February 2014, 04:58 PM
Big Fella and I decided that the trivets available on line and in camp shops were crap and overpriced.
I brought a cast iron one from the states and I think Glen had some samples made, maybe he's reading this and can update us.
He also made a 7 in 1 kitchen tool from the 1800 which is handy around camp. If enough ppl are interested
I can get a heap of SS trivets cut that will last forever, pic is of Glenns multi tool
pot is my 1860 cast iron chicken fryer, great for chips at camp

BigRAWesty
28th February 2014, 12:27 AM
Big Fella and I decided that the trivets available on line and in camp shops were crap and overpriced.
I brought a cast iron one from the states and I think Glen had some samples made, maybe he's reading this and can update us.
He also made a 7 in 1 kitchen tool from the 1800 which is handy around camp. If enough ppl are interested
I can get a heap of SS trivets cut that will last forever, pic is of Glenns multi tool
pot is my 1860 cast iron chicken fryer, great for chips at camp

Still waiting on my multi tools lol.

Yea I'll need a trivet for mine to. Get to use it next weekend

threedogs
28th February 2014, 08:36 AM
Got one I made from a Clydesdale shoe works a treat, as I always use those foil liners
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OZTRAIL-STAINLESS-STEEL-20CM-TRIVET-/111240247674?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item19e66f797a
I do have these but not a fan sorry, cant clean them very well.