PDA

View Full Version : Pet friendly fishing spots.

krbrooking
26th February 2014, 05:46 AM
Hey all I am thinking of taking the fam fishing and camping thus long weekend. I live in beverage (wallen) and am willing to travel around 2 or so hrs. Would like to be able to set up camp right next to the river so we can sit and relax while the kids feed the fish. And would like to take the pup on her first camping trip as well.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks
Kev.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

MEGOMONSTER
26th February 2014, 06:58 AM
Some of the boys are going to Bearii on the Murray this weekend for fishing trip and is a really good spot out there.
Find yourself a nice sandy beach on the Murray.

BigRAWesty
26th February 2014, 06:58 AM
I can't locate you On a map but I think your either Vic or nsw.. Soooooo

Barmah national park On the edge of the barmah lake is pet friendly.

There are heaps of spots in and around there I've been told..

Maxhead
26th February 2014, 07:03 AM
Love the nails Westy...:eek:....is it a SA thing??LOL

BigRAWesty
26th February 2014, 07:11 AM
Love the nails Westy...:eek:....is it a SA thing??LOL

Sure is mate. Your just jealous..

Bob
26th February 2014, 08:19 AM
Kev Try this. It is Pet Friendly

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?20229-Wide-Beach-on-the-Murray-(Near-Strathmerton)

krbrooking
26th February 2014, 07:13 PM
Thanks guys.
Westy: I am in vic, so that could be a go'er. And yes those nails look beautiful.
Bob: Thanks Bob, that place does look really nice and I will keep it in mind.

I did forget to mention that the wife and kids like their showers and toilets so it will sweeten the deal if I am able to be near them ( the facilities that is)!!

BigRAWesty
26th February 2014, 09:37 PM
Thanks guys.
Westy: I am in vic, so that could be a go'er. And yes those nails look beautiful.
Bob: Thanks Bob, that place does look really nice and I will keep it in mind.

I did forget to mention that the wife and kids like their showers and toilets so it will sweeten the deal if I am able to be near them ( the facilities that is)!!

Well that counts mine out. Long drops but that's it..

Take a black bucket

krbrooking
28th February 2014, 09:49 AM
Kev Try this. It is Pet Friendly

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?20229-Wide-Beach-on-the-Murray-(Near-Strathmerton)

So I am leaning more towards this site but I just wanted to know how far from town it is. Also interested in what sort of bait I should be using and obviously it looks from the pics that there is no fire places so will they ark up about doing what you did and lighting one next to camp????

Thanks again!!

threedogs
28th February 2014, 09:58 AM
bait to use are scrub worms during the day and small to medium yabbies over night,
Tasty cheese and Inhams chicken Chipees work a treat as well, more so than natural baits
tether your rod if leaving bait in over night, you'll need rod stands as well.
Fires are OK this side of the Murray

Sir Roofy
28th February 2014, 02:47 PM
just check your fisho licence kev
might need a n.s.w. one for vic side

krbrooking
9th March 2014, 04:30 PM
Well we ended up going to a place called horse shoe lagoon. Just near kerrisdale on the goulburn river. It was really nice on the river And the kids had fun flicking the rods around, Nikita (eldest 10) ended up with a huge birds nest in the first 5 min and Mia (youngest 5) had trouble letting. Go of the line at the right time.
I think the dog had the most fun of us all she was straight in the water, that quick she ended up guts deep before she realised how cold the water was and stopped dead In her tracks but a few seconds later took one big leap to where she couldn't reach the bottom and had to swim back, luckily I had her on the lead as the current was reasonably strong.
The camp site was well set out with different sections that had ample flatish ground that was close enough to the river. The only problem was that you had to park and walk everything down to all the camp sites, the closest one would have been around 200m away. We need up setting up in the "car park" as there was ppl at all the other camps and we were to lazy to walk the 300m's or more to set up at the site that had room for us.

You have to drive through all this farming land to get there at one point I didn't think we were in the right place.

Some of the cows were a bit o looking and walked on two legs.

Lol only jolking but the colour scheme was the same the cows are just in top of the hill.
The river was amazing though.

I am not sure of the co-ordinaries but if get off at the tallarook exit and follow main road and turn right onto upper goulburn rd and follow that to the goulburn hwy turn left go over the bridge and immediately turn right after the bridge, that is greenslopes rd which you follow all the way to camp.

Sir Roofy
9th March 2014, 05:12 PM
Looks good kev
wheres the fish mate

krbrooking
9th March 2014, 05:58 PM
Looks good kev
wheres the fish mate

Oh nothing was caught other than the birds nest.